Thread: Arrange ball pachinko machine - works - $50 baltimore/aberdeen 21001

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Arrange ball pachinko machine - works - $50 (baltimore/aberdeen (21001))

Hurry - before it's gone!!

PACHINKO MACHINE - WORKS

Pachi1.jpg
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Arrange ball pachinko machine - works - $50 (baltimore/aberdeen (21001))

Gone
    Last edited by Lt Teddy; 03-01-2012 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Arrange ball pachinko machine - works - $50 (baltimore/aberdeen (21001))

gone allready???
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Bought it!!! Looks like a road trip next week!!!
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

7. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

congrats to ya...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Would love any help or information about this machine. I paid them already and let them know I will be coming next week to pick it up. They took the listing down and are going to be sending me more pictures of the machine soon.
    Last edited by Card Shark; 03-01-2012 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's a 1975 Satomi "Lion" and is my favorite cel background of all although it's copied directly from a 1971 Williams "Stardust" pinball machine. Two models were made, one pays on the diagonal and one didnt. Obviously theyre both great but the diagonal paying one is the better of the two and yours may have that payout scheme. Also one of my favorite to play-simple game play but the solenoid makes a quiet, satisfying click as coins spit out. Wish they were all that quiet. That also seems to be the second most common arrangeball around with the Taiyo "Balloons" being first. I have one but with the non diagonal payout placard even though it does payout on those. LT has one and so does Mopar but I don't think his works. There was a member who had his for sale for 28K (no joke) but he's long gone. I think I have the placard "officially" translated somewhere and if not I'll have it done since I need it too. I can also show you how to make a jumper for the circuit board so it will pay 15. Some already do or can be adjusted via a switch and some are hard wired. It's very easy to do. I also have a complete schematic for this machine.
    Last edited by emmadog; 03-01-2012 at 06:42 PM.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would love any information you could forward me. I am extremely excited about this machine. I may take Sunday off to go get it sooner. Thank you so much for all your help.
    Last edited by Card Shark; 03-01-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No worries, I'll dig up the info and get it to ya. PM me ur email.
    I was looking at the fuzzy pic again and the reason this machine is called Lion is due to the pocket just under the matrix which sorta resembles a Lion and has eyes that move and a red light flashes with each coin paid out. Yours however has a tulip with a larg metal mounting plate. I forgot to mention above that that is another difference in some of this model. I can't remember the member that had the tulip version. Maybe LT. Anyway, it's not a big deal and that's a great machine with cool 70's styling overall on the machine that I haven't seen on any other Satomi. You must have found that ad minutes after it came out. Definitely woulda been a bidding war.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a friend of mine in Roanoke telling me it is a Sammy Miracle Super. Are those one and the same???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, and have two slightly different versions as I mentioned. Click on the Community drop down above to get to the arrangeball owners group. Mine is on there and you can see the lion pocket and old member David C has his on there but has the large tulip pocket. There were more pics of other examples of this machine amd others in general but were removed for some reason.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you. I really appreciate all the information.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    I have one but with the non diagonal payout placard even though it does payout on those. LT has one and so does Mopar
    mine has the Diagonal placard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can you post a pic of the placard?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sent the schematics to your email. that way, if you ever have an electrical problem it can be fixed much easier and cheaper. i'd like to get schematics for all my machines and in particular those which i have in common with other members but to say it's extremely expensive is an understatement plus it entails shipping the entire machine out, for me anyway. luckily this is a common (relatively speaking of course) arrange ball and i sent the schematics to other members as well.
    so on yours there's a blue sticker at the top that states the max payout and it could say 5 or 10. i've seen the same model machine with different numbers. inside are yellow, removable cartridges labeled A and B. on the rear of one is a small slider switch that allowed the parlor to change this value. as i mentioned, i can show you how to do a reversible mod to change it to 15 if you're interested.
    also there's an interesting coin restrictor/coin tube set up that as far as i know, is unique to this machine but i've not seen all satomi's owned here in person. there's two micro switches in the coin hopper tube. one triggers the low coin light and the other triggers a trap door that diverts coins away from the coin tube and into an interesting multi-chambered jug. as the coin tube empties the door goes back to it's original position and coins are allowed back into the tube. on most machines once the tube is full, the coins just slide over the stack and into an overflow box.
    i also have my machine converted to warm white LEDs. same appearance as stock in terms of color only much better light levels. the stock bulbs aren't terribly bright in a well lit room, even new bulbs. at first i tried running brighter bulbs but they get very hot, even the stock ones get hot and i've seen plenty of crispy silicone bulb holders when i get machines in. i like to be able to walk away from my machines while every light is on if i have to and not worry about melted number matrices (which i've seen) and just raising the temps inside in general. plus guests always leave the machines on during my informal pinball tourneys. it may be overkill but it's nice piece of mind and i figure they've had a rough life in the parlor then shipped around, stored, and who knows what since then. originally, i had them made and they were expensive but i've used readily available pinball LEDs after some modification, you just have to get warm white if you want it to look original and the right throw angle and cost a buck or so apiece. LEDs can be spot or flood and everything in between. i've still got some more work to do on that and the electrical specs vary from machine to machine.

22. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to emmadog