Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Matsuya sangyo has arrived!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Matsuya sangyo has arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    As far as I'm aware you can only upload pics to PT.. For videos its easiest to upload them to YouTube and post the YT links here..
    Sounds good to me...if I could make it work! The part that I copy and paste is all the letters and such in the box where you would type www,xxxxxxx.com, then put it in the spot for "website" in the add files box. I then get a box that says "the following errors have occoured" below that it shows what address was pasted followed by "invalid file" Ihave tried it for all kinds of stuff that I wanted to share...always with the same results. If I see something I want to repost, I have to decide how good I can describe how to find it...or more often than not, just never mind because it don't work for me. I'm not gonna make videos if I have to ask someone to link them for me.
    Max, If you have access to every page, look and see if there is a pic of the back of this type of machine. I know that very few backs are shown in that book, but if I get lucky maybe I can see what is missing.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

just copy them in the address bar like you are.. then paste them in the reply box.. the place you type your replys in.. dont use the website add files box?? i dont know what that is..

just paste them in mid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD35pkF-WIg sentance
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

here are the pages to that book pachiwall. http://gallery.me.com/erdoc#100074&v...r=black&sel=60

I don't think your style machine is in there. Let alone a Matsuya machine.

100 machines and counting...

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I tried my hand at another video! Did it outside, and the wind kept trying to blow my pachi over! The sound is delayed, so I'm pointong at things that are described later. It is an amature attempt...but here goes.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pTES...ature=youtu.be

7. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Decided on a fix for the JP tray.copper fix 001.jpg I flattened a piece of copper pipe and taped it to the tail (that blocks the balls from pouring out of the track) of the JP tray. It wasn't quite heavy enough to reliably reset the tray. It was as long as it could be, so I cut and flattened a piece with some copper inside making it thicker and heavier. There is only so much room between it and the stop nail, and I didn't want to move the nail and create another hole. I want to keep this as original as possible. I don't plan on taking it completely apart to clean. I will clean as good as I can removing as little as possible. As Mopar once said "It's only original once". Eventually I will remove the overflow channel and resolder it. It has been attempted before, but not very well.copper fix 002.jpgcopper fix 003.jpg Once the weight (taped) proved reliable enough, I epoxied it in place. I'm not completely happy with the repair, as it is clearly a modification that is not original. The problem is I may never know just what "correct" really is. The 2 brass legs hanging down in pic #3 is another part I may never know what correct is. I suspect it is a low ball cut off of some sort. Not sure why, as there is already a plate to block the input hole if the top tray is low.

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Does anyone know how to translate this? Or this!
    The first picture says that in the case that two or more balls enter at the same time, because only one ball comes out, gently turn the bottom lever clockwise. So I guess it is talking about the shooting lever getting multiple balls stuck.
    The second picture says Matsuya Sangyo which means Matsuya Industries.

12. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to kurisu

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like matuya not matsuya
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ya I saw that, the pronunciation is a tsu sound, which is kind of like su but with a faint t sound before it. Just a bad translation, like on some of the older toyotas, (I've only seen it on the trucks), the parts will read toyoda. Plus I saw on other parts of the machine it had Matuya and near the JP opening it had Matsuya. A lot of words just don't sound right when you make the transition from Japanese to English writing. Even though you can spell it, it doesn't always come out that way.
    Last edited by kurisu; 04-29-2012 at 04:37 PM.

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to kurisu

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you very much for the translation! On some single ball machines I have, when more than 1 jackpot hits, the 2nd and additional balls go to a JP reserve chamber,Matsuya Sangyo 003.jpg and can be seen by the player through this window. I haven't taken any new pics, so this old pic still loose was used. The lever mentioned is above the finger rest, below the plate where the balls are inserted.Matsuya Sangyo 002.jpg Another angle here.Matsuya Sangyo 008.jpg L shaped lever above the shooter. I don't fully understand how it works, as balls don't seem to fall into the chamber on this machine, they just rest against this tab on the seesaw.Matsuya Sangyo 013.jpg OOPS! that pic is the BEFORE shot where it is bent down!fixed some 005.jpg Here it is straightened out. While the seesaw is down the tab holds the JP ball back until the seesaw is up again...then pays out until all JP's are paid. I have at least 1 that the balls roll into the window in front when more than 1 ball hits. Then when you move the lever an elevator lifts the ball back up into the seesaw to payout. I want to fix it to where all the machines that have this feature function properly...but time seems to be my enemy! One machine that it works perfectly on is my New Prince pachinko.New Prince 003.jpg The balls go to the funny looking window with the chrome trim in the lower right of the playfield. It has a round pushbutton instead of a lever. When balls can be seen in the window and you push the button an elevator raises the ball back up to the seesaw to payout a JP for each ball. New Prince 016.jpg The New Prince elevator linkage is a little more complicated than the lever ones. Since single ball machines have less balls in play at a time, this feature rarely gets used. Therefore I like to push the seesaw down, then drop 5 balls into a jackpot, then reset the seesaw. Now I play as usual. When I run out of balls, I simply press the button once, and get 15 more balls to play without reaching around back! New Prince is one of my favorite vintage machines...if you want to see more, here is the thread I started on it: New Prince Has Arrived!
    I never noticed the difference in the spelling...but it is spelled both ways on the front of the machine!Matsuya Sangyo 005.jpgMatsuya Sangyo 034.jpg Thanks again for the translation! It is great to not wonder what that plate means! Maybe I can PM you for some translations later for stuff on other machines I have.

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you for posting all of that Pachiwall. Those are nice machines you have there.

I have a Gold Union machine I have yet to restore and it has a window in a strange area as yours does and I'm curious to see what it's for.

In mine, far as I can tell it just shows any balls waiting in queue for the seesaw:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SteveFury; 05-02-2012 at 11:17 PM.
    If you enjoy my pachinko, pinball and pachislo YouTube videos, please "like" them at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SirSteveFury

19. The following user says "Thanks" to SteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When the seesaw is in the down position & you drop a ball into a JP, does the winning ball go to that window? If yes, how do you get it back to the top of the seesaw? Can you post a pic of the area behind the window? Some of my machines have the window...but no way into it. Like an option that wasn't installed. Some have an elevator to get balls up from the window, with a button or lever to activate it...but balls simply rest at the seesaw waiting to be reset. A couple work properly... but most don't.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I gave a quick look over, and it seems the window is simply in the winning ball path just before the seesaw. So any winning balls will be rolling past it for view. If... say... the player has 3 winning balls then all 3 will roll past the window, and as the first one is processed the remaining two in queue will be seen... then one then none.

I'm not quite positive about it, but I think that's the way it works. I'll see if I can take the time this weekend to snap some pics. My pachinko ball counter circuit boards arrived yesterday so I've been preoccupied with that.

My Gold Union is definetly on the project list and I'm getting kinda antsy about it.
    If you enjoy my pachinko, pinball and pachislo YouTube videos, please "like" them at:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was able to find this existing photo and I expanded the seesaw area. I drew an arrow pointing to what I believe is probably the window. I don't think there's any special mechanism like yours.

Img 2907.jpg

23. The following user says "Thanks" to SteveFury

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2