Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: can you identify this part for me?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: can you identify this part for me?

3. (revised). I took off the plastic piece and it looks Ok (like yours in the photo).

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to bobandyo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well now i understand the afghanistan reference - don't know how that happened but it has been rectified

4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to bobandyo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by bobandyo View Post
    well now i understand the afghanistan reference - don't know how that happened but it has been rectified
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a video I made showing the area of my machine where I am having trouble. You can see the ball lifter which I am still trying to repair and the plastic piece which should interact with it . As I understand it the ball launching lever should move the black wire which should interact with the plastic piece which then moves the ball lifter allowing the ball to be launched. I am unsuccessful with getting the ball lifted and put in the track to be subsequently launched and I believe the issue is with how the plastic bit interacts with the wire and lifter. I am also unclear how this ball loading processeffectively can reset itself to the "initial" position after a ball is launched. I'm pretty sure my ball lifter and plastic bit are intact in that they match pictures a couple of you have sent me.

I could not get this video uploaded here so I am linking you to Youtube.

Once again all thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Last edited by bobandyo; 02-05-2012 at 11:31 AM.

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to bobandyo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay. I can see what may be your problem.

1. that black wire on the back you need to loosen the Hex-nut (on shooter arm) and then move the wire towards the right a little or until it no longer falls off the end like you show in the video.

2. the clear plastic piece that the black wire interacts with. I'm not sure but that may be broken. Can you post a close up pic from the front of it? (take it at a side angle not straight on.)

hope this helps and once I get that picture I may be able to help you more or it may not be an issue.

100 machines and counting...

10. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you have it all figured out.. shut your shooter tray and make sure the two pieces are interacting like you described... that is right..

as for the wire out back.. i have had a few machines where the same problem has happened.. you will need to bend the wire a bit and readjust it in a way to get the max throw out of it with it passing the end of the plastic piece...

when the machine is at rest the wire should not be touching the plastic... i have seen machines where the wire is so close it may or may not be touching and i have seen machines where the wire is half and inch away... make small adjustments to the right and everything looks like it will fit together..

your so close to geting it

1. that black wire on the back you need to loosen the Hex-nut (on shooter arm) and then move the wire towards the right a little or until it no longer falls off the end like you show in the video.

2. the clear plastic piece that the black wire interacts with. I'm not sure but that may be broken. Can you post a close up pic from the front of it? (take it at a side angle not straight on.)

hope this helps and once I get that picture I may be able to help you more or it may not be an issue.
    the two plastic pieces should interact.. im sure that the wire is holding the first piece down to far for it to catch the ball lift piece... adjusting the wire should be all he needs... bend it a bit (BE CAREFULL) or adjust like Max stated..
    Last edited by Moparformances; 02-05-2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's a model C ball loader that somebody put on a model B machine.
    Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.
    http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Address the points in the above three posts:

1. Her are three photos of the plastic bit

2. If i do have a nishijin Type C lifter in a type b machine is that a deal breaker?

3. If I close the ball loading panel I cannot really get a good look at how the plastic piece and the lifter are (or if) they are interacting. Would i be correct that the short prong on the plastic bit should be under the ball lifter and raising it as the lever is being pushed down?

4. I will try to make some adjustments on the black wire. Sounds like the consensus is that I should move the wire to the right (*ie away from the plastic bit) Anyone think it needs to move up or down?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bobandyo; 02-05-2012 at 01:36 PM.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to bobandyo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The part in photos looks in good shape and should work with a model B loader, you may want to see if anybody will trade a model B loader assembly for your model C loader assembly. I think from what I've seen in your photos, that will sove your problem. I would trade if I had an extra one but sadly I don't at this time.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cardwwi View Post
    It's a model C ball loader that somebody put on a model B machine.
    Nope it is a late model B loader in a B machine.

Trust me the machine I'm working on is a B and the same loader came out of it. I have at least 3 other machines with the same loader, all of which are model B's. So it is suppose to be on this machine.

thanks for those pictures the part that I thought was broken is intact so no issue there. just make sure the short clear post that comes out the side rests on top of the clear loader arm in the mechanism.

other than that the wire seems to be the only thing you need to adjust. just move it to the right till it no longer falls off the end. (don't worry about up or down)
    Last edited by mxfaiman; 02-05-2012 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: can you identify this part for me?

Yep, that wire can not go past. The first handle flip would load the first ball. The next handle flip would shoot the FIRST ball and load the second ball.

Once your wire goes past, it is interefering with the shooter and subsequent loading.

If it is not loading reliably, adjust the piece in your pictures up or down. Since you have removed it, it may not go back just where it should. There is a slotted hole in the piece that allows adjustment, it is the same slot that has the screw with the star washer.

By the way, the back of your machine looks super CLEAN - nice work! Wish you had shown more of the machine in your video!
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

20. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, learn something new every day, none of my model B's have that loader. But when the machines where built, they used what they had on hand, so I guess it's not suprising that loader was put in a model B. But, back to the problem, have you tried to look in the little window on the front over the ball loader with a flash light while running balls through it to see what it does?

22. The following user says "Thanks" to cardwwi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the wire is bent so that the plastic arm is allready in a swinging postition.. so when he closed the shooter tray it is under the lifter piece( the broken/repaired one..

Bending the wire to the right will allow the back piece to come to a total rest position.. thus allwing the shooterdoor to close and properley line up the two plastic pieces correctly..

you might have to bend the wire up and down a bit but the first thing is to make it so it will not touche the plastic piece when at rest...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

1. I spent some time today trying to strengthen/reinforce my broken ball lifter.
    2. I didn't realize there was a viewing window by the launcher till someone mentioned it above - so thanks for that. i took off the entire ball loading assembly so i could clean that window. That hopefully will allow me to see what is going on inside if/when i get the patched lifter to cooperate.
    3. I certainly will get better pictures of my machine and post them.

4. One clarification as I feel like I got conflicting info above. The short post from my plastic thing, should that go under or below the broken ball lifter?

thanks,

Bob

25. The following user says "Thanks" to bobandyo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if im uderstanding your question right

the post should be on top of your broken/repaired lifter piece.. that way when you pull the shooter handle is swings the plastic piece to the side creating a downward motion of the post.. that post moving in a down direction will catch and pull your now repaired ball lifter down..(stretching the spring) when you let go of the shooter handle every thing will snap back shooting one ball and lifting another to the shooter..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great news!! I got my ball lifter to Work!! I glued the broken bits together and had to fashion a metal jacket to go around the weak joint - which seems to be sturdy and working now. My last little tribulation came when I dropped the very tiny screw that attaches the spring to the ball lifter, I heard it bounce around 6 times but couldn't find it anywhere. I couldn't find a replacement screw but managed to make a workaround.

Now I will try to get the lights to work and build a frame/case to put it on the wall.

One of you requested that I post some pictures of my machine so here are a couple of pictures that I took a few days ago. If anyone can identify it for me that would be great.

PS I see that there is some web site way for "thank"ing people but I have not found that yet - so in the meantime I will do it the old fashioned way and just say Thank You to all of you for being my virtual assistant.

IMG_2123.jpgIMG_2122.jpg

28. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to bobandyo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

nice looking Pachi ya have there

as for the thanks at the lower left of everyones (but your own post) is a button that has a thumbs up and says "Thanks"... Clicking that button is the way we say thanks.. of cousre just saying it works too

thanks for posting Pics

30. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by bobandyo View Post
    One of you requested that I post some pictures of my machine so here are a couple of pictures that I took a few days ago. If anyone can identify it for me that would be great.
    Glad to hear you fixed the loader.

Your machine should be built in 75 it is a model B (if you didn't already know that) and the center feature is EBIRAH! I have an ebirah machine too. (Actually I think the center feature is misspelled but there should be an H at the end.)

Here is a link if you want to learn more about ebirah. http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Ebirah

Nice machine and thanks for the pictures.

32. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2