Thread: Newbie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Newbie

Hi, My new found addiction ...find a unique model, of each brand, of "vintage pachinko' machine, in working condition. It started when I saw one on 'Pawn stars' or some thing and remembered enjoying a Pachinko game of some sort when I was young. So, a little research, and saw that they could be affordable. They're cool to look at, like art...some...and they're interactive. Perfect addition for my 'Man cave'.
    I went to Ebay first, almost got suckered there. Realized that you're paying as much in shipping as the machine is worth, and seller's don't even know if they work. As far as I'm concerned, forget Ebay, there's enough that come across CL that are local.
    So my first machine is a operating 'Nishijin w/Sidetross. Out of all the Nishijin's, the 'Side-tross is pretty different, same color configuration as most 'Nishijin's though. $80 off CL, then the seller, which is also a collector... informs me that the lights don't work and will fix it for $10... Also the balls would cost 6 cents each...extra!? I went ahead and bought the machine cause it had the 'Sidetross" and he told me a lot about machines that the average seller would not have been able to tell me. But extra for balls?? Who does that?? My budget was tapped, no room for balls. Bummed me out that I went home with my first machine and couldn't even operate it...still can't!
    So Now my next machine, a Sanyo and/or Masamira... w/some balls!
    Lost out on a 'Masamira' w/balls, locally today...really bummed. I was communicating with the seller this morning as far as where we could meet up as soon as possible...then he sold it right in the middle of setting up a meet

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to krevis720

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newbie

Welcome to PachiTalk

Generally you will find a lot of pachinkos are sold without balls or with very few, it's not a problem as long as they are upfront about it in their Ads, and they are available regularly on ebay in the US.

Just be thankful you live in the US and can pick up pachinkos for ridiculously cheap amounts of money

over here (UK) pachinko balls are a rarity and you would expect to pay £100+ for a vintage in any condition!!

Welcome to PachiTalk and good luck with your new hobby

Don't forget to join in with the threads and share pics of your pachinkos, the members here are very friendly and knowledge and would be happy to help with any queries you may have

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

4. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!

Looks like you've started down the road of Pachinko. There is no going back now.

You can buy balls on eBay from goldenstatetraders1 and there are other places to buy them from as well.
    Frank at CustomPachinko sells them on his website. I've bought from both and very happy to buy from either.
    Congrats on your new Pachi!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk, krevis720!! Thanks for creating an account and joining our forum. We are thrilled to have you as a new member!!

While the SideTross machines are not "rare" per se, they are very sought after by many of the members here because they are not as common as other vintage machines. When you have time, please post some pictures of all your machines in the Vintage Pachinko forum. We would really like to see what machines you have and learn all we can about them.

Again, welcome to our online community!! Please visit us daily and post often!!

Jeff
    Last edited by JACKSJE4; 01-12-2012 at 10:06 AM.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

Glad to see ya found your way to the Boards.. there are pachinko balls on E-bay for less then 6 cents including shipping.. I still charge 6 cents cause thats what i paid for them.. I cant afford to take a less..

sorry to hear about loosing the other machine.. thres a few other machines on craigs list but i cant get the sellers to send me any pics...

Good luck with your search.. and im glad to see ya made it home with your Machine
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ha, had a feeling you'ed be on here 'D'. As you can see I had to vent a little. It just stinks when you find a working machine within your budget, after looking for so long, but then your told it doesn't come with 2 major components 'to make it 'operate'...but could ...for an extra charge. Kinda takes the joy out of the transaction. The Side-Tross was unique enough for me to buy it regardless.
    With what I'm seeing on the listings, I figure I'll probably find a machine that needs a little work w/balls for just a little more than buying just balls...cause it seems (most) listing are including (some) balls.
    Yes, still bummed about losing out on the 'Masamura', even more after seeing on here that it was a rare brand. Wish the seller wouldn't have strung me along all morn.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to krevis720

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome welcome welcome!

I'd love to see pictures of your machines in the Vintage thread!
    If you enjoy my pachinko, pinball and pachislo YouTube videos, please "like" them at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SirSteveFury