Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hokoku

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Hokoku

My Hokoku machine arrived yesterday safely and works fine with minimal adjustments! Unfortunately, I lost my digital camera, bought a nicer one...and can't post any pics! Error message states "file too large". Can the files be made smaller' or is my camera doomed? Might have to use something like photobucket. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hokoku

Microsoft Image Resizer. Search for it on Google and download/install the version that works with your operating system. It's free and works like a champ!!
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

3. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i'm still using a sony mavica floppy disk camera, pictures come out great and easy for ebay and pachitalk pics, no resizing needed

i have an external floppy drive on my computer
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

5. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can either post them on photobucket (very easy) or use Irfanview which is easily the best picture viewer and editor out there.
    Very easy to change the size of you picture or crop it so the file is smaller.
    http://www.irfanview.com/

The best part is it's free and it'll do a lot more than other programs.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Steve Cebu

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ya should be able to change the settings on your Camera to a lower resolution.. that should solve your problems as well
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    ya should be able to change the settings on your Camera to a lower resolution.. that should solve your problems as well
    I'm gonna try that, sounds like the easiest. I looked into some of the other options and got lost!

11. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    I'm gonna try that, sounds like the easiest. I looked into some of the other options and got lost!
    please let us know results... MrsMopar jsut bought a new Camera as well... im useing the old one cause i know it works... and shes mad as hell i wont use the new one
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ya sound like you have it set at 1200 DPI all it needs to be at is either 600or 800. But 600DPI works best for me.

100 machines and counting...

14. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

DSCF6368.jpgmuch better! At first it paid out, but into the bottom tray...sounded funny too.DSCF6386.jpgThe bolt at the 4 o'clock position of the center circle is the pivot point of an internal gate that diverts balls to the lower tray when the top tray is too full. At least that is what I think it does. Anyway...it was installed backwards, diverting balls to the lower tray instead of the top tray. When I installed it correctly, the balls go to the top tray, and sounds better too! The reason I wanted this one was how different it is from any other machine I own!DSCF6383.jpg The jackpot is linear, and visible from the front above the playfield.DSCF6374.JPG Here it is from the back.DSCF6384.JPG The white tray dumps toward the front and the balls roll to the right and flow down the orange chute. DSCF6369.JPG It has a pretty cool center feature,DSCF6370.JPG balls entering top center exit the left or right hole below, rolls to the center(red) or outer(green) holes, then back out (towards glass) one of the two holes below the red part, entering one of the three holes below it, to finally drop out the bottom into the two tulips below. DSCF6385.JPG Not sure why it has two sets of connectors for power, haven't tested the electrical yet. It has lots of switches.DSCF6388.jpg The wiring is all intact and looks like nobody has monkeyed with it!

16. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It has the usual rust that so many machines suffer from.DSCF6372.JPG Not too bad, will clean up nicely.DSCF6380.JPG Corner broken off ball tube inside the door, and a small crack in the ball tray that I didn't take a picture of.DSCF6381.JPGThis lever needs to be lifted to get a linkage to line up properly for the door to close and make the ball feeder work properly.DSCF6375.JPG Inside door is different, and simple. And for those of you who like expiration stickers...DSCF6377.JPG This sticker was covered up by this one.DSCF6378.JPG I carefully peeled the latter off and stuck it somewhere else. The cell has some water damage, but not all that bad. It is faded pretty bad. Might do a cell replacement on it someday, not soon. One more pic of its unusual linkage on the back.DSCF6387.JPG This is the ball dump mechanism. Paid $103.50 for it...a little more than I wanted to, but worth it. I've only seen two others here at Pachitalk. This one is a keeper.

18. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A unique machine, indeed!! I agree that it is a keeper! I have always loved the "creative" way that Hokoku designed the payout system on the back of their machines. Each one is a work of art, in my opinion. It machines like yours that keeps me searching Craigslist daily looking for those unique treasures.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JACKSJE4 View Post
    A unique machine, indeed!! I agree that it is a keeper! I have always loved the "creative" way that Hokoku designed the payout system on the back of their machines. Each one is a work of art, in my opinion. It machines like yours that keeps me searching Craigslist daily looking for those unique treasures.

that is why I love CL there is always something odd on their.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

please let us know results... MrsMopar jsut bought a new Camera as well... im useing the old one cause i know it works... and shes mad as hell i wont use the new one
    I set it on the lowest resolution for these pics. I got a lot more out of focus shots...but they load. Gonna try 1 setting higher.

23. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    I set it on the lowest resolution for these pics. I got a lot more out of focus shots...but they load. Gonna try 1 setting higher.
    What type of camera do you have? I love using my little cannon point-n-shoot. It does a lot for me and hasn't given me any troubble.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just curious as to what you bought that you are having trouble with? I'm a Canon guy because I know their menu system and I like it and I prefer their cameras.
    But maybe I could help you sort out what's wrong with yours to make it easier to use?

Whe you lower teh resolution you are also lowering your shutter speed and that means you need to be very still when you take the picture. You might be able to increase your shutter speed but you will need more light.
    Last edited by Steve Cebu; 12-06-2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cebu View Post
    Whe you lower teh resolution you are also lowering your shutter speed and that means you need to be very still when you take the picture. You might be able to increase your shutter speed but you will need more light.
    Yep that is for sure. Shutter speed is slower with low resolution. But to speed up the shutter you need more light. (really helps when you read the whole manual for your camera.)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cebu View Post
    Just curious as to what you bought that you are having trouble with? I'm a Canon guy because I know their menu system and I like it and I prefer their cameras.
    But maybe I could help you sort out what's wrong with yours to make it easier to use?

not having any problems... jsut not using it no problems possable that way

28. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Works for me!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    What type of camera do you have? I love using my little cannon point-n-shoot. It does a lot for me and hasn't given me any troubble.
    Fujifilm Finepix S1500.

Makes sense. The shutter speed is adjustable...just like on my vintage Cannon AE1 Program.
    Last edited by pachiwall; 12-07-2011 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not all cameras have a shutter speed adjustment. My Canon S95 Point & Shoot does but my older Canon P&S doesn't.
    Your Fuji S1500 is similar to the Canon G series. You should have no trouble with that in low light.
    I run my shutter at 1/1600 as often as I can. Carpel Tunnel in my right hand makes me unsteady so I need
    some help with that and 1/1600 which is as high as it goes really works out well for me and I still don't need
    a flash most of the time. If I do I drop the shutter to 1/500.

32. The following user says "Thanks" to Steve Cebu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast