Thread: The Napalm Hanemono -Captured-

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default The Napalm Hanemono -Captured-

Hey Guys!!

Finally after months of car work and personal debate over whether or not I could afford to go get her I decided to call the last
    owners of that Napalm Hanemono Pachinko that was on CL a while back. Luckily I stored the contact number in my phone because the posting had expired Wayyyy before I actually picked it up (which was this Sunday). I got the machine for 50 bucks because I noted a few things like the fact that the wings have that "Brittle plastic" look. Its all cracked on one side and the others not as bad. I'm not even sure I want to play it until I can figure out a way to duplicate em. The one on the left side looks BAD, almost like a few hundred peebs more and she'll shatter!.
    Brand Styling.jpgBlue plus Yellowish tar equals Green.jpgWings Cracks.jpgBrand Styling Shooter Knob.jpgCenter Explanation.jpgCenter Feature S1.jpgCenter Feature S2.jpgFace Shot 1.jpg

I'm thinking of doing some plastic molding with the wings? Additionally does anyone know how easy hanemono wings come off? Its got screws in em but once I got it removed it didn't seem to want to come off so I didn't force it. Any ideas? Overall the machine is in great shape and aside from the wings plastic, the rest is in great shape! Anyone got any exp. in taking out the center features on these? Looks to be pretty isolated in the machines back. What is crazy too is the fact that this machines colors have been atered by tar! Light blue is green now and pink is orange! it was certianly form the last owners. Crazy!
    I got the sound working and it plays machines gun sounds on wing openings!. Cool!

On top of this there were two gears that when I got it home and plugged it in they were just chattering away improperly. Not good!
    After some close examination I relised that the little see-saw was free flapping and hanging down... ? I was like, thats not right!, I knew from a vintage I worked on that the see-saw mech has to be "UP" to recieve a ball from a "downhill" slope. If its down it doesn't accept balls.

Basically it wasn't working and the gears would not correct themselves. I tried seperating the layers to get to the see-saw thing that I saw Hah! I then noticed another rod, that went all the way to the top was run by the gear some how so I moved it, and it helped it payout what we had put in it but still... brrrr brrr nrrrr brrrr mrrrrrr!!! from those gears!? So I start looking at the back panel where the assembly is. It has four screws and is setup like its made to be able to get quick access so I think wait a minute... After taking it off I notice that the two gears have plastics chunks on them that were moving something. So upon further examination I'm like ahhh I see! The upper gear has a smaller plastic chunk with traffic on the outside. The bottom with traffic on the inside of its plastic chunk (Traffic meaning you can see abrasion where something continiously rubbed aginst something). It was a little tricky but you have to turn the gears until the top one pushes the see-saw pin all the way up. Then fandangle that see-saw pin on the upper gear when your putting it back on. This pushes the See-saw's sensor arm into the sensor. I fastened it back in place and plugged her back in.

Vuala! No chatter...

Pop a peeb in a JP slot and boom! payout.

Its really cool how the two gears turn once now everytime you get a payout and return to a home position then stop.

It wasen't until after I fixed it that I noiced that the two gears have two line-up dots on them. See in the next post down.

After I fixed it I left for a min and when I came back it was chattering again...

My brother who went with me to get it was putting peebs into the JP's and it emptyed out the reward hopper which will throw this

machine into what I will dub a gear-chatter-error! hah!

With that said this machine has to have a hearty helping of peebs in the reward hopper so it won't throw it into that error.

2. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to WondersPachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: The Napalm Hanemono -Captured-

Whats this Do.jpgOther side not as bad.jpgPayout Mech.jpg
    Left Wing Extreme Cracks Label Removed.jpg

You can see the cracking on the left wing in one of te photos.

The black knob? What does it do. It seems that the shooter doesn't really have enough power to hit the rubber bumper under full turn.

Shoots more towords the middle. Anyone know if you can adjust the power or not??

The bottoms of the wings ARE flat other than that metal pin which hits the track when the wings open.

Under close examination I noticed that when you put a ball into a opening pocket that left wings cracks open up a little because

it uses the pin as a stopping mech for the wing.

Like I said too I took that screw out but a bit of pressure on the back of the wing with a small flathead didn't seem to make it budge.

They wouldn't glue it would they? I don't even think they use glues on those parts but you never know.

Thanks for reading guys and pls if you know any helpful advice post it and you will be thanked!

So ya thanks in advance!

4. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to WondersPachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have used this plastic epoxy on many plastic parts with great success.finally 002.jpg I get it at Autozone for about $5.50, It dries in about 15 minutes and is extremely strong! Now if you can get them off to glue them.

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The black knob does adjust the power for the shooter,if I remember correctly you have to turn it counter clockwise to make it shoot harder,
    dont worry about turning it too much as the way its designed prevents over tightening, usually it only takes a couple of clicks (Ive got three in the same frame and they all work that way)

Attached Images Attached Images
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What's a 'peeb'???
    There is always another machine around the corner...

9. The following user says "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
    What's a 'peeb'???
    A peeb is a pachinko ball. PB - Peeb

oooooohhh yea!!! perma-poxy plastic weld? I use that stuff all the time! I even used it to glue her (girlfriends car) inner door handle and it broke at the base! Been good for 5-6 months now. Some serious stuff! Thanks Alpha minor!

Also, do you know generally how hard it is to get the wings off once the screw is out?

Thanks again!
    Last edited by WondersPachi; 12-06-2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The following user says "Thanks" to WondersPachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like you got a good deal. I emailed the seller when it was first listed and he wasn't budging at less than $100. The theme didn't really grab me so I passed.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You both have some nice machines there. I happen to really love that era, before the LCD screens and such. One day I will get lucky and add one to my collection.
    A Hardy har har...

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Meathead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just tested one ,and yes it will sound an error alarm if the hopper is empty during the JP rounds
    btw I really like your machine,looks like a real winner!
    congrats!
    Last edited by alphaminor; 12-07-2011 at 09:12 AM.
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Let me say thanks to pachiwall, mistookhis post as alpha's. Glued it last night, Seemsto be good. I need to test to see if an alarm is back there.May want to wire one up if not.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

here are a few more pics and I'm wondering what the big white arms is. It seems to have places for "C-clips" and I have no idea what it is for.

I thought the upper actual payout system on this style of machine was really cool. It seems to have the capability to be an 8 & 14 or 9 & 15

machine as well, maybe even more variations with different styles of "splitting" arms.

The Arms (3) and (4) are over specify the combo. If the solenoid opens it pulls the arm (Labeled 2) in the direction of the arrow letting

the "splitter" (Labeled 3) lift up, allowing (with this setup) a 13 ball payout.

If the solenoid does not open the "Splitter" (Labeled 3) is held down during the "Payout Tilt" by the solenoid arm resting against the

"splitters" back-arc.

The last two pictures show the See-saws and its controller gears setup. Jammed up after a JP so I snapped so pics and started cleaning!

Also I have had it start ding-donging when I get into a JP round, play some and then stop short. When I stop short of finishing the JP it will fade the

lights down and then start ding-donging continiously (until I unplug it) lighting up only the two side "Shock" Fixtures its like a fast light flicker too.

Upper Payout Mech Exp.jpgLever.jpgLever Up.jpgPayout Systems Gears.jpgPayout System.jpg

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to WondersPachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

older machines will error out if you stop playing or just don't get a ball on the jackpot door every round so that is normal.
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by WondersPachi View Post
    Let me say thanks to pachiwall, mistookhis post as alpha's. Glued it last night, Seemsto be good. I need to test to see if an alarm is back there.May want to wire one up if not.
    What kind of glue did you use? Is it worth looking for?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: The Napalm Hanemono -Captured-

I had issues with shooting handle strength and ended up taking the shooting handle completely apart, cleaning it and there was a spring inside and a belt that were out of whack. It took a long time to put it back together and it worked just fine. Sold that machine, so can not send pictures... There were pieces of wood shoved inside the handle at some point, probably to hold it in a certain position, my opinion was that the wood wedges cause the belt to eventually jump off and then the spring got loose. Guess it was that then the inside handle plastic got roughed up from people cranking on the handle, so I sanded a few rough spots out too.

DSC01890.jpgNishijin Modern Mr COMEDY.jpg
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

22. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Napalm 3.jpg
    I picked up this Napalm from ebay a couple years ago for $29.
    Left flipper was laying loose in the machine. Was able to find the right size screw to hold it, but still allow it to move.
    Works fine. Just need to repair rhe latch for opening the glass and install a lock cylinder.

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mbodi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Napalm 1.jpg

Another photo.

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mbodi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    What kind of glue did you use? Is it worth looking for?
    Permapoxy's 5min. Plastic Weld. Advance Discount and autozone have it Basically same stuff that you have
    Last edited by WondersPachi; 12-14-2011 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mbodi View Post

I picked up this Napalm from ebay a couple years ago for $29.
    Left flipper was laying loose in the machine. Was able to find the right size screw to hold it, but still allow it to move.
    Works fine. Just need to repair rhe latch for opening the glass and install a lock cylinder.

Thanks again! Question.. did you ever take the wing off? I have the center
    feature just about completely dissasembled and am in the process
    of making a silicone mold for the clear center-table that was so lookin' so brittle.
    I ended up taking the wings out, with the entire bar that goes back to the solenoid.

I should be able to remove the peice from the mold tomorrow after work, we'll see
    how good it comes out.

29. The following user says "Thanks" to WondersPachi