Thread: The Napalm Hanemono -Captured-

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default The Napalm Hanemono -Captured-

Hey Guys!!

Finally after months of car work and personal debate over whether or not I could afford to go get her I decided to call the last
    owners of that Napalm Hanemono Pachinko that was on CL a while back. Luckily I stored the contact number in my phone because the posting had expired Wayyyy before I actually picked it up (which was this Sunday). I got the machine for 50 bucks because I noted a few things like the fact that the wings have that "Brittle plastic" look. Its all cracked on one side and the others not as bad. I'm not even sure I want to play it until I can figure out a way to duplicate em. The one on the left side looks BAD, almost like a few hundred peebs more and she'll shatter!.
    Brand Styling.jpgBlue plus Yellowish tar equals Green.jpgWings Cracks.jpgBrand Styling Shooter Knob.jpgCenter Explanation.jpgCenter Feature S1.jpgCenter Feature S2.jpgFace Shot 1.jpg

I'm thinking of doing some plastic molding with the wings? Additionally does anyone know how easy hanemono wings come off? Its got screws in em but once I got it removed it didn't seem to want to come off so I didn't force it. Any ideas? Overall the machine is in great shape and aside from the wings plastic, the rest is in great shape! Anyone got any exp. in taking out the center features on these? Looks to be pretty isolated in the machines back. What is crazy too is the fact that this machines colors have been atered by tar! Light blue is green now and pink is orange! it was certianly form the last owners. Crazy!
    I got the sound working and it plays machines gun sounds on wing openings!. Cool!

On top of this there were two gears that when I got it home and plugged it in they were just chattering away improperly. Not good!
    After some close examination I relised that the little see-saw was free flapping and hanging down... ? I was like, thats not right!, I knew from a vintage I worked on that the see-saw mech has to be "UP" to recieve a ball from a "downhill" slope. If its down it doesn't accept balls.

Basically it wasn't working and the gears would not correct themselves. I tried seperating the layers to get to the see-saw thing that I saw Hah! I then noticed another rod, that went all the way to the top was run by the gear some how so I moved it, and it helped it payout what we had put in it but still... brrrr brrr nrrrr brrrr mrrrrrr!!! from those gears!? So I start looking at the back panel where the assembly is. It has four screws and is setup like its made to be able to get quick access so I think wait a minute... After taking it off I notice that the two gears have plastics chunks on them that were moving something. So upon further examination I'm like ahhh I see! The upper gear has a smaller plastic chunk with traffic on the outside. The bottom with traffic on the inside of its plastic chunk (Traffic meaning you can see abrasion where something continiously rubbed aginst something). It was a little tricky but you have to turn the gears until the top one pushes the see-saw pin all the way up. Then fandangle that see-saw pin on the upper gear when your putting it back on. This pushes the See-saw's sensor arm into the sensor. I fastened it back in place and plugged her back in.

Vuala! No chatter...

Pop a peeb in a JP slot and boom! payout.

Its really cool how the two gears turn once now everytime you get a payout and return to a home position then stop.

It wasen't until after I fixed it that I noiced that the two gears have two line-up dots on them. See in the next post down.

After I fixed it I left for a min and when I came back it was chattering again...

My brother who went with me to get it was putting peebs into the JP's and it emptyed out the reward hopper which will throw this

machine into what I will dub a gear-chatter-error! hah!

With that said this machine has to have a hearty helping of peebs in the reward hopper so it won't throw it into that error.

2. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to WondersPachi