Thread: New/Used "ZETZ" machine ...Very weird way to turn it on As shown by the seller

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Red face New/Used "ZETZ" machine ...Very weird way to turn it on (As shown by the seller)

Hello all!

I am new to Pachitalk and Pachi machines as of this week but am already knee deep in it and totaly hooked!

I bought a ZETZ machine from Yamasa off Craigslist and the machine seems to work 100% and is tottaly awsome with the holographic screens that do soom very cool stuff in addition to all the light and sound effects but...

When the seller was showing me how to turn on the system it just seemed very very odd!

Here is what I mean by that: To turn on the machine I open the door and turn a key on the power box in the lower left corner to the right which says its the "ON" position and then flip the main power switch located directly below the key then nudge the joystick on the front of the machine down twice and then turn the key back to "OFF" then the machine turns on...

Now that just cant be normal... right?

When I try to just turn on the machine by fliping the main power switch it does not light the reals or start the machine. I am taking a guess that the sequence I am using to turn this machine on is furcing it to skip an error of some sort. While the machine seems 100% good to go otherwise I am cool with it but would like to fix the issue if there really is one.

Any thoughts?

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to cnc74

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New/Used "ZETZ" machine ...Very weird way to turn it on (As shown by the sel

I am guessing that the capacitor that keeps the memory when the machine is off has failed so it needs a reset at power up to work. One of my pachinkos is like that so I must turn it on for about 10 seconds, turn it off and then back on to get it to work
    the

LLTR

4. The following user says "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New/Used "ZETZ" machine ...Very weird way to turn it on (As shown by the sel

you are doing a reset, so i would assume the machine has some problem. on/off switch should be all you use,

try leaving it on and use a power strip to turn it on and off--if that desn't work something is wrong
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

6. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME TO PACHITALK!

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Steve Cebu

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to pachitalk. Have you done a full reset to the machine. 1 turn machine off 2 turn small key on 3 turn machine back on 4 press reset button to set odds 1-6 1 is hardest to 6 easiest press spin knob down and hold 5 seconds 6 turn small key off. Machine should reset and be ready to play.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

10. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a Zetz machine, that needs a reset if it sets idle for a few weeks.

When I turn the machine on an E4 error will show (which is a RAM error), the word ERROR displays on the reels, and it plays a continuous error tune.

I then reset it by pressing the white reset button on the inside of the front door. The same button as used to change odds from 1-6.
    I've never met a Pachi I didn't like

14. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to jmaclerran

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk. I hope the suggestions help you find what is wrong.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to beachcat