Thread: Nishijin, Model A "Flowers" A Complete Overhaul

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Nishijin, Model A "Flowers" A Complete Overhaul

Well I know I have been going on about this model A that I have finished. And now I have finally have gotten around to starting a thread on it. I know I already have a few other threads about it, so here are the links to the other two; • http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vintage-pachinko/39959-today-overhauln-we-take-70s-model-pachinko-machine-trick-out.html
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vintage-pachinko/40174-need-help-deciding-what-color-stain-my-model.html

But anyways this project wasn’t easy (well it was sorta easy, just time consuming). I am still in amazement from looking at the before and after pictures of this machine. It is just odd how you don’t even realize how much work you have done till you see some before and after pictures. But I am very happy about how this machine came out. I really would like to keep it but I am afraid to say this one will probably end up leaving me and going on ebay. (waiting for best time to post it) Hopefully I can get a decent price for it. Anyways I would post some pictures but because there are soooo many of them, I have made a slide show and posted it on youtube. It is a lot easier than uploading all of the pictures plus I will use it for my auction to show how much work went into this machine. Enjoy, And thanks to all of you for your comments.

Link for youtube video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ab0pDIcgBM

And you know as all ways let me know if you have any issues viewing it. I’ll try my best to fix it.

100 machines and counting...

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin, Model A "Flowers" A Complete Overhaul

Thank you for posting that.
    That's a great machine and a good way to illustrate it to a potential buyer because they can see all the hard work you have in it.

I noticed that you put in the payout seesaw light. I think it adds just a bit more animation to it. Your dark color frame works well with the chrome. I may do that someday on mine since the chrome is badly pitted. It's shiny but pitted.

That machine you have used the same factory playfield cell as the one I have. It looks like yours was a bit worse for wear.
    Do you know if there is any way for someone to know the "official" name of an individual machine?

Anyway, great job mxfaiman !

4. The following user says "Thanks" to SteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFury View Post
    Do you know if there is any way for someone to know the "official" name of an individual machine?
    Nope no real way. It is just based on what you see and what you think the theme may be. (unless otherwise widly know like a power flash.)

6. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

VERY NICE! That overhaul rates a full 5 bananas! I'm sure it should make a nice sell for you as well as a very nice win for someone! I like the wooden box for ball dump and lower tray overflow. Is it big enough for a ball dump, at least for the lower tray, I hope. That way you can lock the top tray, and dump the lower tray. remove and empty, replace and dump top tray. It is removable ...right? Another idea for future wooden boxes is, drill a hole in the bottom that lines up with the hole in the frame. Then make a sliding door between box and frame. that way you could remove the box to empty or slide and drain! Awesome machine!

8. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    I like the wooden box for ball dump and lower tray overflow. Is it big enough for a ball dump, at least for the lower tray, I hope. That way you can lock the top tray, and dump the lower tray. remove and empty, replace and dump top tray. It is removable ...right? Another idea for future wooden boxes is, drill a hole in the bottom that lines up with the hole in the frame. Then make a sliding door between box and frame. that way you could remove the box to empty or slide and drain!
    Yes I figured that it was able to hold a little over 250 balls. (about what the lower tray can hold) It is removable. (be kinda pointless if it wasn't) Your Idea with the hole seems kinda odd to me, I'm not sure I fully get it. However that won't be possible because we put new bases on most the frames to make them stand straight. Which means that the hole disappears.

I attached some additional pictures of the box. I’ll post some dimensions a little later.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

your box is great... perfect size..

since a model "A" recycles it will take allot of play time to fill it up... unless ya bump the ball dump... most of the time i dont even use a ball box.. but every once in a while i have to get the magnet out

nice looking machine Max
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    I’ll post some dimensions a little later.
    Sorry it took a while I have been a little busy. But I have finally got all the dimensions and have drawn it up in google sketchup (great program and its free!) Now everyone can build their own if you wish. (Just note you have to remove the tray the original box would sit on and the little L bracket below it.)

Also if anyone wants I can post the google sketchup file just let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman