Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 new vintages!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 2 new vintages!

I won a questionable pachinko on eBay last night. Winning price was $20.50. Local pickup in Columbus, Ohio... about an hour away from Dayton. Pic on eBay was so bad, it was hard to tell what to expect... Turned out to be a Side Tross model B!2 FROM COLUMBUS 001.jpg However, it has suffered from heat damage!2 FROM COLUMBUS 002.jpg This can be removed and probably not be a problem. The lower ball tray is warped and needs to be replaced.2 FROM COLUMBUS 003.jpg The ashtray won't even close. Worst problem is the disfigured ball paths on the back, where JP balls push down on the arm that activates a payout.2 FROM COLUMBUS 005.jpg 2 FROM COLUMBUS 006.jpg Along with the usual bent pieces, and general filth!!! Before I even mentioned the melted plastic, he offered me a Maruhon with a broken hopper for $1.00.2 FROM COLUMBUS 010.jpg This machine is more desirable than the 1st, well... Side Tross makes it a close tie. It too is filthy!!! The top ball tray is broken to the point if being gone!2 FROM COLUMBUS 020.jpg It also has other broken plastic, but not as serious.2 FROM COLUMBUS 022.jpg I tested the Maruhon by adding balls into the tracks on the back and dropping a ball into a jackpot... pays out properly! The machine needs much work and cleaning. If anyone has a parts machine... I need an upper ball tray. I can test fit a ball tray from a Nishijin, just to see if it can work, but I would rather buy the correct tray, even if the wrong color. I also need at least 1 part from the back of a Nishijin parts machine. I got both machines for $22.00, plus about $20.00 gas. I am pretty happy with this buy. I'll get better pics of what I need so I can properly beg for what I need.2 FROM COLUMBUS 012.jpg The Maruhon machines are different in a number of ways, hopefully I can save this one!

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 2 new vintages!

More filth! I started cleaning out some of the dust clods before I thought to take pics... so it was worse than this! These 2 are the whole back with covers removed. Works pretty much like a Nishijin, but looks different. This looks more Egyptian than Asian. Can anyone translate this? It's not really important, just curious. Enlarged to show detail!
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pachiwall, did you see the stand-up coin-operated pachinko in Columbus back a couple of months ago? The guy couldn't give it away...I think he was asking $50...I would have shoved it in my garage, but I didn't feel like driving 375 mile round-trip for it.
    I'm not addicted to Pachinkos. I can quit at any time. Did I tell you about the three machines that I have on the way?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice find.

I'll buy the lower tray off the maruhon from you. Hows about $30.

I too have a machine that suffered from so serious heat damage. Kinda stinks. Though your's looks to be in somewhat better condition than mine. (I think that my machine was living in a barn in arizona so it got baked to death.)

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    Pachiwall, did you see the stand-up coin-operated pachinko in Columbus back a couple of months ago? The guy couldn't give it away...I think he was asking $50...I would have shoved it in my garage, but I didn't feel like driving 375 mile round-trip for it.
    He mentioned that he had a coin op pachinko... I saqid I thought I saw it on eBay, then he said he never put it on eBay.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Nice find.

I'll buy the lower tray off the maruhon from you. Hows about $30.

I too have a machine that suffered from so serious heat damage. Kinda stinks. Though your's looks to be in somewhat better condition than mine. (I think that my machine was living in a barn in arizona so it got baked to death.)
    I can see that I won't be asking you for a top ball tray for mine! If you have a few model B parts machines, I will be contacting you for a possible purchase. Maybe a trade of a Side Tross for a front overflow? I'm going to try to see if a model B top tray will work on the Maruhon. If not, then I will try to build one out of plexiglass and epoxy.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The ball tray is cast aluminum, so it will polish up nicely.shine 001.jpg Dirty!2 FROM COLUMBUS 013.jpg Tray after wet sanding with 400 grit sandpaper.shine 002.jpgshine 003.jpg Then scrubbing with SOS pad and polish.shine 004.jpgshine 005.jpg After much more polishing... I present to you, shine 006.jpg shine 007.jpg shine 008.jpg Door looks good! Now time to clean other parts!

10. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Let the epoxy test begin!

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WooHoo..Epoxy Test!! Go Epoxy Go!!

What ya testin?? Makin a top tray??

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

13. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well here goes...First I make a mold from masking tape.epoxy 001.jpgepoxy 002.jpgepoxy 007.jpgepoxy 006.jpg Then carefully remove to reveal mistakes!

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When tape is removed, you can see where more epoxy is needed, and where hours of sanding are required.epoxy 004.jpgepoxy 005.jpg epoxy 008.jpgepoxy 009.jpg Now to let them dry, so I can see if this trick will work!

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    WooHoo..Epoxy Test!! Go Epoxy Go!!
    I think you are a tab bit excited. But no problem with that
    I can see that I won't be asking you for a top ball tray for mine! If you have a few model B parts machines, I will be contacting you for a possible purchase. Maybe a trade of a Side Tross for a front overflow? I'm going to try to see if a model B top tray will work on the Maruhon. If not, then I will try to build one out of plexiglass and epoxy.
    We'll see I'm kinda down on the amount of parts I have. Though depending on machine I might not mind trading an OF with you.
    Last edited by mxfaiman; 10-08-2011 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

100 machines and counting...

19. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks good, if all I was doing was taking pics.NOT YET 001.jpg A screw hole don't line up, so I'm gonna have to break the pink part again.NOT YET 002.jpg

21. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

your use of the filler looks about my attempt. It is a strong fix but it looks a little less than perfect. At least yours is not a front ball tray that was missing about 30% of the tray
    the

LLTR

23. The following user says "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Same epoxy, plus 12ga copper wire for strength. Probably should have skipped the copper wire.007.jpg009.jpg008.jpg I like the single ball conversion machines, so I bought it even with a badly broken tray.

25. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by owennewton View Post
    your use of the filler looks about my attempt. It is a strong fix but it looks a little less than perfect. At least yours is not a front ball tray that was missing about 30% of the tray
    Pics?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I will post pics in my thread on the Kyoraku sun 409 if nobody will make fun of me for my 1st grade art project (I gave up on it looking nice and went for will it hold)
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Same epoxy, plus 12ga copper wire for strength. Probably should have skipped the copper wire. I like the single ball conversion machines, so I bought it even with a badly broken tray.
    i dont see anything to complain about.. looks great in the pics...
    Last edited by Moparformances; 10-08-2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: missed quote
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

29. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The last attempt to repair the pink cover had to go, the corner was glued on crooked and lots of air bubbles in the epoxy. But it was strong. This time, in order to hold the corner straight... I attached it to its home before laying the epoxy.epoxy...parts machine 001.jpg But first, I applied masking tape to keep from gluing the front and back together.epoxy...parts machine 002.jpg Then I added tape to help control where the epoxy goes.epoxy...parts machine 003.jpg Followed by laying the epoxy.epoxy...parts machine 004.jpg epoxy...parts machine 012.jpg After it dries. the masking tape allows the 2 covers to separate. epoxy...parts machine 013.jpgOnce off I can start to sand it to the correct shape.epoxy...parts machine 014.jpg Inside of part.epoxy...parts machine 019.jpg outside of part. time to start sanding... after I get some sleep!

31. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Much better!rough in 004.jpg Now all screw holes line up, and reglued parts are flat and level (almost )! I have had a lot of bubbles in the mix these last 2 tries. rough in 003.jpg Of course this is just a rough in, I still have to fill the holes and smooth out the waves. I have to get some more epoxy, I am really impressed with this brand, it is tough stuff. rough in 005.jpg A little hard to sand, I'm using a Dremel with a sanding drum. And very difficult to cut with a knife. rough in 002.jpg After filling and leveling, the fun begins... making the cover fit!

33. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast