Thread: Adding the missing light to my Nishijin A

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Adding the missing light to my Nishijin A

I've just finished fixing my first Pachinko, a Nishijin A recycler.

Right away I noticed that the player can barely see the Jackpot see saw through the window. It's just too dark in there and I feel the action taking place adds real animation to the game.

I added a 5-lug solder strip because I may be expanding the electronic modifications in the future. I tied the power (+)(-) and the jackpot switch to the strip terminals. The existing lights are screw base, and I found a 6v bulb and screw base which I salvaged from an old radio some time ago. I drilled a large hole through the Pachinko see saw cover for the socket and secured it with a screw. I wired the new light to the terminal strip.

It works great and I think it's probably the most effective lighting modification I could do, keeping within the context of vintage of the machine. (Not LED etc)

Action:
    The ball falls into the tulip, the playfield center light and the new jackpot window light come on to show the balls being dumped out, then goes out as the see saw reloads. I like it a lot.

I imagine someone has probably already did this mod, but it worked so well I wanted to post it.
    The green tape on the wires is temporary.

IMG_2100.jpg IMG_2095.jpg IMG_2097.jpg IMG_2098.jpg IMG_2099.jpg IMG_2103.jpg Wiring.gif

2. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to SteveFury