Thread: Need help with my home theatre set up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Need help with my home theatre set up

Everyone has been so helpful here, I was hoping someone might have some advice for me on a problem I am having with my home theatre set up. I have the following components:
    Mitsubishi WD-73833 TV
    Marantz SR-5005 AVR
    PS3
    Xbox 360
    Verizon FIOS HD Cable box
    Wii
    Mitsubishi CD-1000 3D converter

I just purchased the Marantz and the 3D converter. I needed to upgrade the AVR so that it would support HDMI and 3D. The problem I am running into is when I try to use the 3D converter. If I try running the HDMI out from my AVR to the 3D converter I am getting a flashing message on my screen saying something to the effect that my digital content has been compromised and I will not be permitted to receive any video from my HDMI sources. I am assuming this is coming from the AVR as if I bypass it completely I am able to get 3D to work with my TV however I obviously lose my surround sound and am only using my TV speakers. My guess is that something may be thinking that the 3D converter is some sort of recording device and it is setting off a content protection device somewhere. I was hoping someone might have experience in this and could reccomend a solution. I still have a couple of weeks in which I can return the AVR and replace it with something else if needed. I sincerely hope that isn't the case though as the sound quality of the Marantz has really impressed me.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need help with my home theatre set up

Have you tried connected the 3D device before the AVR? The manual says it's capable of passing through 3D signals.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

3. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are you using the newest 3D Hdmi wires, I believe it has to be 1.4? I know my tv and 3D blue ray have to be set to 3d also.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to millermaster1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am using the proper HDMI cables, I was afraid of this being an issue as well. I thought about connecting the 3D converter first, the problem would be that the converter only allows one HDMI input and I have 3 HDMI sources that can provide 3D. The reason I upgraded the AVR was to allow switching of my HDMI devices prior to being fed into the 3D device. The settings on the TV are a bit of a pain as you do need to turn on 3D on the TV when attempting to view 3D content. I have not been too concerned about this though as once I have a solution that works I can program some macros into my remote that will take care of tv settings. I played around with everything last night again and have definitely narrowed it down to the AVR. I have an Onkyo on the way that I have been told should remedy the problem. If it works I will return the Marantz. I sincerely hope this fixes the problem. My other concern is whether or not the Onkyo will have the same sound quality. I am absolutely blown away by the Marantz. Thank you for all the suggestions.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Im using the Yamaha rx-a1000 . It has 3d switching and networking, both things i wanted in a new AV source.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to millermaster1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have always liked the upper end Yamaha units. In fact I was looking at one when I purchased the Marantz. Apparently my TV is known for having issues with compatibility when using the 3D adapter. My local "expert" feels the Onkyo will work. I should know something Tuesday when he comes to try it out. If I had known the 3D would be such a pain, I never would have tried it. Now that I have started the process I want to see it through to the end.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark