Everyone has been so helpful here, I was hoping someone might have some advice for me on a problem I am having with my home theatre set up. I have the following components:
Mitsubishi WD-73833 TV
Marantz SR-5005 AVR
PS3
Xbox 360
Verizon FIOS HD Cable box
Wii
Mitsubishi CD-1000 3D converter

I just purchased the Marantz and the 3D converter. I needed to upgrade the AVR so that it would support HDMI and 3D. The problem I am running into is when I try to use the 3D converter. If I try running the HDMI out from my AVR to the 3D converter I am getting a flashing message on my screen saying something to the effect that my digital content has been compromised and I will not be permitted to receive any video from my HDMI sources. I am assuming this is coming from the AVR as if I bypass it completely I am able to get 3D to work with my TV however I obviously lose my surround sound and am only using my TV speakers. My guess is that something may be thinking that the 3D converter is some sort of recording device and it is setting off a content protection device somewhere. I was hoping someone might have experience in this and could reccomend a solution. I still have a couple of weeks in which I can return the AVR and replace it with something else if needed. I sincerely hope that isn't the case though as the sound quality of the Marantz has really impressed me.