Thread: First pachinko - help to identify and troubleshoot?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default First pachinko - help to identify and troubleshoot?

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for any help you might give me... I got this for my wife for $60 off of craigslist but the guy I got it from knew nothing about it and now I don't either. I only have about 100 balls or so. It seemed to work fine when I first got it, but now I have problems. Here are some pics of it first:

pachinko1.jpgpachinko2.jpg

Can anyone ID it so I can look it up somewhere? It says Y&O Model on the front and Nishijin in the back and seems to have a bank/banker/money theme (maybe?) on the LCD screens.

For the problems... I didn't power it up for a while and now it's not working like it was before. When I turn it on the lights come on and the LCD screen comes on but I don't get any sound. At one point I opened the front latch and it did make some sound but that only happened once and never again. I emptied all the balls out and now it doesn't work. So, I thought the balls were stuck so I removed all of the balls.

scratch that - after poking around here a bit I think I got it to work. I put 10-20 balls in the upper hopper and then it seemed to work. I have no idea what I am supposed to do while playing or to maintain it like:

1) what's the object of the game? If I get a ball in the very center it makes noise and the LCD wheels spin so I assume that's good but I don't know what's happening then. If I get a ball through one of hte other gates a red number display in the bottom left "spns" but I don't know why or what the point is.
    2) why do the balls pop out the back? I assume those are balls the house gets to keep. What is supposed to be back there to catch them?

Feel free to point me to a FAQ or something.

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to thebrokenjoystick

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: First pachinko - help to identify and troubleshoot?

Hello

Hopefully some of our members can identify your model for you

But in the meantime, here are a couple of links that explain general pachinko play and set-up,

PachiTalk Research Center - FAQ - Pachinko - Pachinko - Modern Day Operation - PachiTalk

PachiTalk Research Center - FAQ - Pachinko - Modern Pachinko Game Setup, Playing Troublehooting FAQ - PachiTalk

and please do post back if you have further questions or want clarification on anything, the members here are knowledgeable and friendly

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

4. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank for the links - I'll check them out today!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi - nice present!!

Your machine is indeed a Nishijin - it's kanji reads CR花満伝説Z which translates roughly to 'CR (Card Reader - see the FAQs) Hana Man Densetsu', or CR Flower/Full Bloom Legend/Story. Thus your very colourful backboard detailing...

Here's a link to a Japanese database of machines, and your's specifically: http://www.mansai777.com/machine/det...el_id/m0000638

Your machine is a deji-pachi pachinko - see this link for an explanation : http://www.pachimono.com/deji-pachi.html

Your major problem right now is that you need more balls. Your machine is not cyclical, that is, the parlour it was connected to made sure it had a constant flow of balls supplied. When removed from the parlour, a home user might need upwards of 1000 balls to make the machine operate at a constant rate, and even then you are refilling hoppers quite often.

Again, see the FAQs that are recommended to you above.

And welcome!! You've come to the right place!
    There is always another machine around the corner...

7. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME TO PACHITALK . You need more balls to make the machine work.Right now it runs out before it gets started.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Awesome - thanks all! I figured it worked and i just didn't know what I was doing. Where's the best place to buy balls? I did a quick google search and the prices seemed high - an ebay searched had much lower prices. Again, feel free to direct me to a "pachinko ball FAQ"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

da-bay is usualy the bast place to get spheres.. most bang for the buck there..

sounds like your machine is working.. ya jsut need more spheres...

when ya get them... fill the top back hopper with as many as ya can.. it will hold about 1000 balls total..

then put as many as ya can in the front tray and start shooting them... each time ya get a ball in one of the scoreing pockets it should pay ya a few spheres..

the balls that are losers are like your said... house winnings.. you will need soething to catch them...

if you deside ya like it and wana keep it.. (i know ya will) then ya might consider a Supper cool DaveRob dongle for your machine.. it will make your playing experiance more like a real parlor..

check these links out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcjjA...layer_embedded

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Card-Reader-...item4aa9c92ca1
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Best thing to catch the the used balls is either a plastic container or a ball lifter. But you will be fighting the rest of us for one of those. Looks fantastic

Oh and

Welcome Aboard
    from me and the girls
    Ian #UKPachinko