Thread: New machine + issues with dongle?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New machine + issues with dongle?

Hey everyone!

It didn't take very long after buying my first machine for the addiction to grow. I've now purchased a second machine barely a month later. (It was a good price. I would have been foolish to pass it up!)

Here's some pictures of the front:
    front.jpgfront-closeup.jpg

My wife and I have both tried searching online to figure out the name of this machine, but without luck.

It's clearly a Nishijin Y&O model, but outside of that, I don't know anything more. The person I bought this from seemed to think the machine is from the early 2000s.

There isn't any other writing on the front, but I did spy this on the back. Not sure if this is the name of the machine?
    back-plate.jpg

Overall it seems to be working fine, but I have run into an issue when I tried plugging in a dongle. I just took the existing dongle I have attached to my other machine and plugged it into this one. This is what appears on the front screen: (I've had to outline it in green, as my camera's flash made it impossible to clearly see in the photo.)
    dongle-1.jpg

Pushing either of the buttons doesn't seem to do anything. I did find if I press and hold either the left or right button and then press the corresponding one, the display will change, but not to anything useful:
    dongle-2.jpg

Other than that, there's two other things I'm curious about on the back of the machine.

First: any clue what this does? It's located in the bottom left corner. I've tried turning both knobs while the machine is one, but haven't noticed anything happening.
    control.jpg

Second: There's a small LED that's currently flashing a number "0". It's within a panel on the right-hand side of the machine. I understand these are usually diagnostic codes, but I haven't been able to locate anything online to tell me what this particular one means.

Here's a photo of the area. The camera flash washed out the LED screen, so I've draw beside it so you get the idea. Also not sure what the yellow arrow someone's painted on the back is suppose to be pointing to.
    back-enclosure.jpg

Any advise or opinion on the above would be most appreciated.

Thanks!!

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New machine + issues with dongle?

Ah the addict is strong in this one...
    Looks like a nishinjin Monkey magic.. Yes like the old tv show.
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/mode...tml#post411926

i have read somewhere on the board that some of the older machines had a blob of solder put on the circuit board some where to by pass the dongle functions. and this can cause problems with the daverob dongle. Does it shot ok with no dongle attached?
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...ut-dongle.html

To my slim knowledge. The two pots adjust the sensitivity of the ground ground for the shotter and also adjust the shotters force. So if its too powerful on the slightist turn of the shotter knob. Adjust the pot down.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 08-24-2011 at 02:06 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

3. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

shot another picture that shows the area where the yellow arrow is pointing.. usualy an onoff switch, ball dump, lever to open glass, things like that...

the 2 dials are for the shooter.. if i rember right one adjust how hard the shooter shoot and the other adjust the sensativity of the earth ring...

seem like i rember reading about the solder blob thing as well... but i have never had a problem where a super cool daverob dongle did not work..

nice machine
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

cr遊遊悟空
    Release date nov2000
    http://www.p-world.co.jp/_machine/kisyu.cgi?kisyu=p1650

My apologies. Acording to wiki. Monkey was only shown in english in the UK and Australia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_(TV_series)

A Japanese television show from the late seventies. Saiyuki. Based on the chinese story called Journey to the west.

The two pots. The left one is shooter force and the right one is sensitivity of the ground ring on the shooter knob.

Is it a standard dongle you put in, or a super delexe daverob dongle. Does it work without any dongle in it?
    Might be worth seeing if daverob has anything to say on the dongle.
    Ian #UKPachinko

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

just make sure you keep shootong balls in the fever pocket during each fever round or the machine will error out and you will lose the balance of the fever rounds
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all the info and advice, everyone.

I was actually able to fix the dongle issue! Turns out the circuit board the dongle plugs into had a loose cable connection. I reattached it and it started working!

re: Moparformances, here's a picture of what's beside the yellow arrow:

arrow.jpg

As you can see, it's just pointing towards the main circuit board that all the other cables plug in to. Ball dump, on/off and door lever have similar arrows arrows next to them, too. It's just a bit weird there's this additional one pointing at a circuit board.

Looking at the back again, I realized there's a legend for the various error/diagnostic codes. Sadly the label is quite well worn. Is anyone able to glean anything partially from this?

legend.jpg

FYI, turning both the force and sensitivity dials down all the way actually disables the shooter! Thought I'd busted something at first when I tried to use it.

Thanks again everyone!!

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to shawn_allison

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by shawn_allison View Post
    Overall it seems to be working fine, but I have run into an issue when I tried plugging in a dongle. [...]
    I haven't seen anything that looks quite like that display from a dongle! Does the dongle still work properly when plugged back into your other pachinko machine, it's possible that something has caused the dongle to fail. If it has failed, then don't worry it's still under warranty, and I'm sure we can sort something out.

Most likely it is a loose or missing connection between the card reader interface socket and the buttons and display on the shooter tray of the pachinko machine, though I'd expect that the lit digits would be the right most ones if this was the case (rather than the left and centre ones).

It may also be related to a modification of the machine so that the shooter handle works without a dongle plugged in (try the machine and see if it shoots balls with no dongle connected). I know of a few customers who have this machine with this kind of modification, but haven't heard of any where it was not compatible with the dongle (unlike some Kyoraku CR machines, where the modification would clash with the dongle and cause the shooter handle to stop working when the dongle was plugged in).

12. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Check on the side of the purple box near where the arrow is pointing..There may be a reset button there somewhere..Just a guess..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    Check on the side of the purple box near where the arrow is pointing..There may be a reset button there somewhere..Just a guess..

or volume controls??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it seems like i have seen this before???

O-BakeLand

beats the hell out of me what the arrow is pointing to???

someone should be able to translate mine for ya
    Attached Images Attached Images

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances