Thread: Won't Power On

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Won't Power On

Hello all!

Brand new to the forums here, so hopefully someone can help me with getting started.
    I recently acquired (for the fabulous price of FREE) a Hanabi Pachislo slot machine.
    I know there are several Hanabi machines, and mine is the one with the bonus reel at the top.

Here's the problem...I plug it in and NADA. Zip. Nothing happens at all.
    The switch on the power supply is in the on position, and I checked both fuses, but they're intact.
    I know it seems pretty noobish to aks "Now what?" but maybe there is something simple wrong, and maybe not.

I have a multimeter, but I'm not sure the best point to measure whether or not power is coming out of the supply.

Any tips? I don't want to break the bank repairing it, and I know that new ones aren't too pricy,
    but I'm hoping that since this one appears to be in decent shape, besides not powering up, that it's salvageable.

So...with a reasonable amount of savvy (I know basic electronics) and some helpful advice, who want to help me save this baby from Goodwill?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Won't Power On

Oh boy...just realized this empty connector in the back/bottom of the machine is for the hopper, which is missing.
    Will it even power up without a hopper?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Won't Power On

did you check the fuses with your meter? Check the power supply output. What do you get?
    Check the electrical cord itself with a meter to see if it is good. Clean and lube the contacts, plugs, etc.
    What I would do is completely tear down the machine, clean and inspect it and test all the wiring and connections with a
    meter as i reassembled it. Reassemble from the power supply outwards.This method isolates the parts and makes it easier to find the culprit.
    You should at least see some lights or something. But some machines do shut down completely.
    If the hopper is missing it sounds as if you bought a junker. it may well be dead and the guy just kept the hopper for parts.
    Last edited by SlotsRfun; 08-17-2011 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost