Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Side tross has arrived !!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Side tross has arrived !!!

My model A, ball feeder, Side Tross pachinko machine arrined today!side tross 014.jpgside tross 015.jpgside tross 029.jpgside tross 028.jpghere are a few quick pics.side tross 018.jpgside tross 021.jpgside tross 025.jpgside tross 034.jpgside tross 032.jpg The wood frame is weak at the joints so that it leans back about 2" to 3". This interferes with jackpot function. Seems to work but not properly. Late for work, more pics later!

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Side tross has arrived !!!

Congrats!! I can't wait to see the "after" pics.

Nice machine.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice machine,Iamsure you will get it to be like new.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

6. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The wood frame is weak at the joints so that it leans back about 2" to 3". This interferes with jackpot function. Seems to work but not properly.
    Trust me I know what that is like I have the same issue with almost all of my 69 machines. I have to basically rebuild the whole frame on every one. Take it apart. Sand it down. Put it back together with glue and replace the nails with screws. And then either paint it black or stain it.

Great looking machine but man does it look to be dirty. I think you'll need to call in Mike Rowe (from dirty jobs) to help you out with that one.

100 machines and counting...

8. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ill bet a bit of cell cleaner and a nice brush will make it look great..

i wana see before and afters
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    ill bet a bit of cell cleaner and a nice brush will make it look great..

i wana see before and afters
    keep us informed on your progress.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Document it!! That way you can give yourself pats on the back in the future plus show your skizills off. Videos, pictures we want em! don't be shy now!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Trust me I know what that is like I have the same issue with almost all of my 69 machines. I have to basically rebuild the whole frame on every one. Take it apart. Sand it down. Put it back together with glue and replace the nails with screws. And then either paint it black or stain it.

Great looking machine but man does it look to be dirty. I think you'll need to call in Mike Rowe (from dirty jobs) to help you out with that one.
    Man it is dirty! There is nothing unusual about this piece, we've all seen one; or manyside tross 035.jpg This pic was just to show how dirty it is...both inside and outside.side tross 031.jpgI'm sure the rusty balls have a lot to do with it. I was gonna throw them away, but decided to keep them in a coffee can. Whenever I buy a filthy machine, I can use the dirty balls for function test instead of my clean shiny balls. The lower ball tray has a #3 to the right. It looks like it was manufactured that way instead of added by a parlor. Has anyone else seen this before?side tross 025.jpgMore filth! It has the plastic jackpot tray, my single ball model A has a brass one. It has many loose nailsside tross 016.jpg This one I could pull out with my hand. I removed the cover below the payout tray easily with a pocket screwdriver. Although absolutely filthy, It looks complete... have to compare it to my single ball "A" to see if the linkages are above or below their mates.side tross 036.jpgside tross 039.jpgside tross 038.jpg More filth in the white jackpot tray. There are some issues, like the wobbly frame (fixable), The lever that drops the flag and disables the flipper is bent and rusty.side tross 017.jpg(easily fixable) The loose nails, The usual leaf switch problems,side tross 019.jpg and slight water stains. Of course I had to look closely to see them through the crud! And I think some of the linkages need adjustment or repositioning... some of them just don't look right. I have another model A that functions correctly to use as an example. All my other machines have a pinhole to activate the ball dump from the front. This one has 2 pinholes, 1 to open ball dump, and 1 to close. Oops, too many pics! (can there ever be too many pics?) Overall I,m very satisfied with it, and I bought it for about 60% of BIN... Took literally 1 min to get offer accepted. Maybe I should have offered a little less.

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

two of my early 70's model "B"s have numbers like that and I have seen a few others so I believe it is common. I would assume that the machines were numbered in the row. Mine are numbered 3 and 7 and I think Chucks has the number 8
    the

LLTR

16. The following user says "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

pic 6 has the jackpot reset linkage hung up on the low ball linkage...

from the pics posted it looks complete
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes it is common for the tray to have the # on the ball. Although I have only seen the #3 never any other number. actually I think I have one with a 6 on it. I don't want to dig it out to take pictures of it though. It looks like all you linkages in the back around the shooter are in place yes it does look like some will need to be adjusted. But it looks like they are all there and aren't broken. You want to take out the white see saw soak in in some simple green and then give it a good scrubing then let it sit (not in the simple green) and then rinse it off. no matter how much filth is on it they always clean up nicely. good luck to ya and keep us informed.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    pic 6 has the jackpot reset linkage hung up on the low ball linkage...

from the pics posted it looks complete
    That is the one that looked out of place to me too. Plus the ball loader linkage seems askew. havent had time to mess with it. Definitely looks complete... everything is there and almost everything seems loose!

22. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes it is common for the tray to have the # on the ball. Although I have only seen the #3 never any other number. actually I think I have one with a 6 on it. I don't want to dig it out to take pictures of it though. It looks like all you linkages in the back around the shooter are in place yes it does look like some will need to be adjusted. But it looks like they are all there and aren't broken. You want to take out the white see saw soak in in some simple green and then give it a good scrubing then let it sit (not in the simple green) and then rinse it off. no matter how much filth is on it they always clean up nicely. good luck to ya and keep us informed.
    Removed and sprayed with SimpleGreen last night. Dirt came right off, then I buffed it with plastic polish...man that stuff works miricales!1 005.jpg Crybaby provided a suitable dark background.
    I also like the low ball indicator light1 001.jpg Once I started searching side tross, I found at least 2 other machines exactly like this, even looks like the same cell. Eddie has one, can't remember the others. All have the owl in the center as it is the part that has the diverter that sends the balls left then right.side tross 040.jpg Oops, flash got in the way. Here are other pics that I had problems with glareside tross 041.jpgside tross 042.jpgside tross 044.jpgside tross 043.jpg JACKSJE4 has posted excellent pics of one with cover removed.

24. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Using the cat as a back drop ... I like the idea it worked. Well aren't you going to take that rear cover off for cleaning? You can take better pictures of it then.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Using the cat as a back drop ... I like the idea it worked. Well aren't you going to take that rear cover off for cleaning? You can take better pictures of it then.
    Absolutely...but not anytime soon. I have rental property that don't generate income until rented, and it needs more work. As much as I would like to tear into it now, it is gonna have to wait. I am cleaning little stuff and the cell because I can't stand to see how cruddy it is. And I'll probably fix the frame too in order to make it playable. I can't take it apart completely until I have time to devote to it, Take it apart and try to remember where this washer was 6 months ago, makes for a very bad day!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Take it apart and try to remember where this washer was 6 months ago, makes for a very bad day!
    Yeah I'm kinda in that situation. I have three different projects going at the same time and I can't find some parts. I know they are around here some where I just need to remeber where. The biggest issue is the parts sit a long time and then you forget where you put them . It is annoying. I couldn't find them so I ended up going out and buying new parts Though I still think they are around here somewhere.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I found this machines long lost twin brother. Looks EXACTLY the same...EVEN HAS THE SAME DIRT! Tried to post a link, no luck...not geeky enough. the ebay # is 220822043466. I was thinking some sort of fraud, but different seller, different location, and pic of back has center bulb installed, closer look...center is different. $19.99 with 3 days left!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

http://cgi.ebay.com/220822043466?ru=...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

There is the link.

Pachiwall if you want I have about 50 machines all Nishijins in about the same condition. (maybe a little nicer)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I keep saying, "I don't need any more machines"... but then I come across something that calls me. I only have enough room for 8 machines to mount flush in my living room wall (unless I double stack). So I bypass a lot of good games that are different cells of machines I already have. I only look for very old, or something with a backside that is vastly different than what I already have...and yet I buy more. I simply mentioned this because of the side tross pockets. They don't seem plentiful, and maybe someone here has been wanting one. The price is right...depending on their definition of rough. Oddly enough, everything I've seen with side tross pockets look almost identical. And they all have this cool door latch lockside tross 027.jpg Another thing I thought was cool is, all machines seem to have a pinhole for ball dump. This one has 2 pinholes, 1 to dump and 1 to reset dumpside tross 030.jpgballdump 002.jpg Always like a machine with something different.

31. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Intersting. I have many machines with those little hooks but could never figure out where they go. I thought they were for the ball dump but they are too big to fit in the holes. But seeing that picture really explains where they go. Thanks

Pachiwall I have a machine for you. It is a lady bug machine (was ). I have the upper tray and panel. But you lose the lower tray and the chrome shooter cover. So we got a deal. You send me $50 and I'll send you this machine.

026.jpg

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast