Thread: First Time on E-Bay

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default First Time on E-Bay

Hey folks,

My daughter buys things on E-Bay all the time, but I have never been able or so inclined to jump through all the hoops to get registered. Well, I have finally done it. Yesterday afternoon, my daughter helped me look on E-Bay for some Pachinko balls, and we saw two lots of 2,000 balls scheduled to end about midnight (the two lots were about five minutes apart). While looking for me, she found and bid on an old mechanical Pachinko game, and she won the bid while I sat there watching.

OK, I am impressed. I asked her to show me how to do it, and she helped me get registered. Late this evening, I bid on the two lots of balls won both lots, and now have increased my ball count by 4,000. My total bill for the 4,000 balls plus the shipping was about $130 which seemed like a good price to me.

Once I won the bids, however, I had a bit of a problem trying to figure out how to pay for my new treasure. My daughter had not registered me with PayPal, and, since she was home in bed at the time I won my bids, I was on my own. It took a while, but I finally got registered with PayPal and paid for my two bids. Can anyone explain how PayPal gets paid for their service? I checked my costs and could not find any indication that I paid anything for their service. I sure hope I did things right and get my 4,000 balls.

I want to thank Slotter for telling me to check E-Bay for balls. If I get my balls, it seems like a good deal to me.

Best wishes,
    Dave Wile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I almost bid on those myself ! Nice bidding !!

PayPal gets their money from the sellers.

We know you will get the balls fast as this dealer has proven to deliver and fast !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up

Great, Dave, you're going to like the balls you receive from this seller! You might even have 'em by Saturday if mine and other buyer's experiences hold true.

Glad to hear you got yourself registered on eBay, too. You'll have a lot of fun there (and likely spend a few $$$!).

PayPal dings the seller's account to make its money as Lew said. Much like the big credit card companies do when they charge the retailers a percentage when things get charged.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you have any questions on them, the seller is a member here also WDS3, I am sure he will answer any Q's you have on your order.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"