Thread: 3rd Reel keeps spinning

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 3rd Reel keeps spinning

I have a Takasy Seven Target machine that works well.. but keeps spinning the third reel until it eventually stops and 'pays out' or not. I have multiple varieties of machines by the same manufactorer but it seems the stop boards are the most fragile. The stop board I have "working" had the main capacitor broken off and the small "50+" cap bad as well. I scavanged the parts from other stop boards and got it mostly working.

The following thread has a similiar board and problem: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34888

Here's what I've done to 'troubleshoot' mine. I replaced the full CPU board (btw, there are no LED's on the board) with another CPU from an identical machine. I replaced light/button PCB that is on the door with another. I replaced the 3rd button with another. I replaced the ribbon cable from the door to the intermediate board. I repalced the largest multi-cable from the intermediate board to the stop board. I verified that the remaining cables are fitting tight and no broken wires.

I'm really thinking it's the stop board. Now, if I can get a schematic of the stop board I could possibly trace down the problem. I read that it's possible to 'jumper' the third reel and see if that stops it... anymore info on that would be good.

Of course.. I would also like to acquire a good stop board... or two... or three.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Rusty
    Rusty Key

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 3rd Reel keeps spinning

Ok.. found out a bit more. The large connection in the middle of the board.. just passes through to the other side of the board. Following the logic on the reference post, I can see that one side is the 'initial signal' and the other is the 'stop reel' signal.

Barring schematics or suggestions, my next effort will be to test each component's resistance with my multi-meter with another board to see if the readings are same. Of course, I don't have a working board to compare to... just 3 others that are compromised. I'm hoping it's not the same component on all three!
    Rusty Key

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is this the Stop Board that you Have pictured below??? If so Please PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a Hi Res copy of the Schematic for it.

These are the three pins on the stop board for the Reels. :

Pin 28 - Left Stop Button

Pin 29 - Middle Stop Button

Pin 30 - Right Stop Button (the one you are having issues with)

Read out Pin 30 on each end of that ribbon Cable.

Pin 27 - Common / Ground

Pin 1 - 24 Volts DC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unfortunately, this is not the same board as I have. Here's a photo of the board 'shamelessly stolen' from another post.
    Rusty Key

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All is not lost.

I have Data for the Vintage Board though limited, Look at the Pic Below.

There are 5 resistors under that 8 pin plug that has 7 wires on it. Follow the resistor lead ends with the numbers by them through the run paths on the PC Board to the plug and it's wires on the Board. The Translation to the numbers on the Pic on each resistor is as follows. :

1 = 5 volts DC

5 = Right Stop Button (the one you are having issues with)

6 = Middle Stop Button

7 = Left Stop Button

8 = Common / Ground

The 3 unused plugs on the bottom of the Board (CN4, 5 and 6) are the ones to interface with the Parlor to let it know what the Machines is up to and to reset it remotely.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So... using NIT's information I was able to test continuity between the button plug (middle pin) and the appropriate resistor on the stop board. I also swapped the 2nd button plug with the third button plug and the problem remained with the 3rd reel. Thus.. I now know that the button is good and the continuity between the button and the stop board is good.

I tested all the resistor on the right hand (based on NIT's photo) and they were all consistant with each other. I also tested the continuity of all the traces back to the pins on the same plug and that all test good. I do not know how to test the orange caps between the 5 resistors and the two ICs. Anyone qot a quick test for these? I also do not know how to test the ICs.

Soo... let's assume that the chips are good and the caps are good. This would bring us to the main CPU board but I swapped it out with another of the same model machine and the 3rd reel problem remains. That makes me think it's the other side of the board which is connected to CN3 - the 8 pin plug on the left. I tested all the resistors on that side of the board and all the diodes as well and all were consistant with each other. The relays all had the same resistance between the 'coil side' and all showed continuity between the correct points on the switch side. However, looking at that side of the board... all the relays are switching the plug on the opposite side of the board (CN6) in which nothing plugs in. Best I can tell the only 'good' this side of the board is for supply of 'conditioned' power through the two caps at the bottom left.

Well, crap. This is where my VERY limited knowledge of circuitry fails me. I know it's not the reel set... cause I changed them out.. plus it auto stops and the pay out process works.

So... if you have a KNOWN good board like this I would be VERY interested in obtaining it. OR If you know how to test caps while they are mounted I would VERY much like to know too. OR If you know how to test the IC's that one this board I would VERY much like to know too.

<sigh>

Rusty
    Rusty Key

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Update... not fixed yet. duh.

But... I put in a coin and spin the reels. I use a short jumper on CN1 and jump between Pin 8 and 7 making Reel 1 stop. I jump 8 and 6 and Reel 2 stops. I jump between 8 and 5 and Reel 3 just keeps on spinning. <sigh>

Hmmm... maybe the intermediate board below the CPU board is faulty. hmmmm... time to try that now.
    Rusty Key

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Woo hoo! It seems the problem was with the intermediate board! I swapped it out and all is good! Woo hoo!

At least now I know a LOT more about the stop board that I did before! Now maybe I can fix the other 4 machines!

Oh... I'll post another thread about my new venture!

Thanks NIT!
    Last edited by wrkey; 07-19-2011 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Rusty Key

10. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to wrkey