Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Auto stop reels take 30 seconds to stop

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Auto stop reels take 30 seconds to stop

Not sure of my exact model. Here is a image of the front as well. I have unplugged and replugged what seem to be the stop buttons with no success. Would a solution be to just purchase an auto stop button chip and install or could that be a problem if the buttons are not stopping as is???

Thanks again for your suggestions...

photo(4).jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

other ideas? still no stopping action

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Where does the Ribbon Cable I circled in red with the red arrow pointed to it Go???
    DSCF0315.jpg
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a picture (first image) of a ribbon not attached to anything. It's the ribbon on the far right in the second image. The ribbon that was in question circled in red is connected directly in front...

Could the ribbon not plugged in anywhere be my issue? I do not see a place that it seems as though it goes though...

8-1-11 001.jpg

8-1-11 002.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know nothing..

but it looks like the ribbon cable should plug in to the right side lower section of the first (top) photo...

it looks like a silver metal tray.. side mouted

but I know nothing

sargent shults.png
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No dice! I plugged in the ribbon and still 30 seconds to stop and buttons did not work. Below is an image of what I plugged the ribbon in to. It has nothing attached to it and is just mounted on the side. Is this something that should be attached in some way???

8-1-11.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have your Answer Sir.

The small PC board that the 30 wire ribbon cable is plugged into is an Auto Stop from the other vendor (besides Myself) that makes them.

Here is a Pic of just that small Board. The side your Ribbon Cable is connected to.

The picture of the Board with nothing attached to it you posted is your "Traditional Stop Board" that I was searching for in you machine when I asked you to show me Pic's of all the Boards in it awhile back.

In the picture you posted of that Traditional Stop Board you will see a black male 30 pin receptacle labeled CN1. This is a Pic of that Board with a better view of CN1 with the 30 wire ribbon cable connected to it W/O the small board that your ribbon cable is connected to right now.

You have two options to get your Pachi back up and running. You can connect the small board to your Stop Board (if it will fit in there. It looks like a tight fit. You may have to remove the reel cage to do it) There is a black female 30 pin plug on the other side of this small board that your ribbon cable is connected to. This black female 30 pin plug has a notch in to that will mate to the male plug on your Stop Board.

If you connect this way and that small board is still operating correctly then the Auto Stop features of this small board will still Function on your Pachi. If you connect this way and the small Board is still working if you PM me your e-mail address I can put you in touch with the person who makes this board to see if he will send you a copy of the instructions for it. I will also give you his Web Site Address if you want it.

I may still have a copy of the instructions here. I will have to look.

The other option is to remove this small Board from you 30 wire Ribbon Cable and connect you Ribbon Cable directly to you Stop Board on the side of your Pachi. Again, there will be a notch in the Ribbon Cable female plug that will mate to the Male plug on you Stop Board. This will put your Pachi back to operating as it did in the Parlors W/O the Auto Stop Feature. This small Board has only Auto Stop Features and does not have a Credit Add Feature.

Either way that you want to go before connecting either the small Board or Ribbon Cable directly to your Stop Board. Take a look at the fuse on your Stop Board and make sure that it is not Blown. If it is Blown, It is a 1 amp fuse that you can Find at Possibly Radio Shack, Lowes or Home Depot. Ensure that if you do have to replace that fuse that you only put in a direct replacement. (1 AMP ! ! !)

How the Stop Board in you Pachi (that is not connected right now works)

After you place your bet and press the spin knob this Stop Board senses the Spin Knob activation and waits for you to press the Stop Buttons. As you press the Stop Buttons is senses this and then tells the Mother Board to stop the reel for each Button you press.

If the Motherboard does not get any commands from the Stop Board to stop the reels then it stop them itself at the 30 second time frame that you are now seeing.

One of the Reasons I use a Ribbon Cable on my AutoSlot Devices instead of connecting my AutoSlot directly with "Hard" connectors soldered on each side of my PC Boards is due to some Pachi's having a Tight fit area such as yours does. The normal AutoSlot comes with a pre selected length of ribbon cable but this ribbon cable can be custom made for tight fit areas such as yours to move my AutoSlot out of the Tight Fit area.
    A Pic of my AS-02 showing the Ribbon Cable VS connectors soldered directly to the AutoSlot.

Adams AutoSlots (Large).jpg

Let us know how you make out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by new in town; 08-02-2011 at 09:54 AM.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

DUH ! ! ! Just reread your Post.

You already connected the Ribbon Cable to your Stop Board. Check Dat FUSE on the Stop Board..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know this is going to be a total newbie question but, where is my stop board that is NOT this smaller version that was attached to the side without anything attached to it. The only option I want is for the buttons to stop the wheels. If there is an auto stop feature that works at the same time great however, not necessary.

Thanks again for the assistance!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK To make sure that I am on the same Page.

I copied, enhanced and added to two of your Pic's.

Remove the small board marked with a Black arrow from the ribbon cable marked with a Red arrow.

Connect this ribbon cable marked with a Red arrow to the Board on the right side of your Pachi I marked also with a Red Arrow.

If the machine will still not stop the reels when you press the buttons check the 1 amp fuse marked with a Blue arrow. If it is blown make sure you replace it with only a 1 amp fuse.

8-1-11 001.jpg8-1-11.jpg

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by new in town View Post
    OK To make sure that I am on the same Page.

I copied, enhanced and added to two of your Pic's.

Remove the small board marked with a Black arrow from the ribbon cable marked with a Red arrow.

Connect this ribbon cable marked with a Red arrow to the Board on the right side of your Pachi I marked also with a Red Arrow.

If the machine will still not stop the reels when you press the buttons check the 1 amp fuse marked with a Blue arrow. If it is blown make sure you replace it with only a 1 amp fuse.

so i understand...

the board being pointed at with the black arrow is an autostop board.. but not your version of board..

Right???
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Snortarrific is a GENIUS

It now works like a champ! Thanks so much for taking the extra time to walk me thru it!

15. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to smoof

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by smoof View Post
    Snortarrific is a GENIUS

It now works like a champ! Thanks so much for taking the extra time to walk me thru it!
    great news

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2