Thread: heads up to everybody on a seller to avoid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default heads up to everybody on a seller to avoid

Vintage Pachinko Machine MARUHON 60s - eBay (item 150604973504 end time Jun-12-11 18:13:49 PDT)

I sent him a message giving him better dating info on his machine and he sent back this message that would make a steel worker blush. No one should have to deal with such a rude ungrateful person. If he responds that way when asking something about a machine think how you will be treated after he has your money.

And if the seller is a member here shame on you!
    the

LLTR

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: heads up to everybody on a seller to avoid

I've been watching that machine. It looks like a nice machine but the price is too high so I'm out. But the seller is also rude forget it why would I like to deal with a guy like that. I see most of his feedback is positive, but the one where a buyer left negative feedback, you can tell his response was rude.▼

Sent out a clearly broken part, then sent another part that didn't match descrip

Reply by cowboytim1010 (May-11-11 15:54):

• I gave you a refund and you STOLE my merchandise and lie about it.God bless you

hey owen are you leave any negative feedback?

100 machines and counting...

4. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

can't when I never bought anything
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like God couldnt help him with his bad feedback.

The guys states he knows nothing about the machine in his description. You'd think he'd like to know something about it instead of getting defensive. Sounds like he needs to go back to church and get a refresher on some basic morals.

Most of the time I dont bother with dudes like this. I did recently help a guy repost his item in the Pachinko category since he had it in the Pinball category and he thanked me up and down. He actually told me it was refreshing that there are still good people out there.
    Last edited by Microbus99; 06-12-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by owennewton View Post
    can't when I never bought anything
    Right I forgot about that.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have to say that when I responded to the rude message with a comment that I was just trying to help him be informed about what he was selling so that it would be easier for him to sell I did get a reply saying he was sorry for flaming me and thanked me. I guess everyone has a good side somewhere (but I still won't buy from him)
    the

LLTR

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep, a little late for that, I think his good side doesnt come naturally. I have to say, the corporation I work for, even before this company and the career I was in, we always had classes on customer relations. It takes work if its not natural for you to be "a cheerful guy" when you feel offended (or approached in an itimidating manner). I deal with probably 20 personalities a day when I'm on the road and you need to know how to deal with each individual. I think everyone can benefit from this type of training.

Obviously this guy hasnt had any training.

OK...maybe this is slightly off topic but worth mentioning if you decide to to "deal" with the public.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

when i managed convience stores when i had a nasty customer or complainer when he or she was leaving i always said "have a nice day"
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its funny you say that LD. One the core messages of "conflict and colaboration" should always end in "thank you" for your efforts, day, whatever. YOU end on the good note.

Its very effective!!
    Last edited by Microbus99; 06-13-2011 at 01:25 AM.

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Microbus99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have been close to that at the pawn shop a few times "thank you for never coming back"
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Whoa Owen, working at a pawn shop changes the game a little. I deal with greasy technicians and high society Audi owners. I cant imagine what a pawn shop is like. Especially like at 3:00am. Enlighten us! I cant imagine the most savory people walk into your establishment.

My only experience with a pawn shop was pawning my guitar back in 82 and got $10. However, my best guitar purchases and my Marshall Head were bought from Wegles Music and Pawn in Denver, Co.

Dealing with the public in that biz has got to be a trip.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Microbus99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I spent almost 8 years working at "Edge Exchange" here in McMinnville. Owned by a Mormon concrete contractor, needless to say he was never going to turn away a good deal if he thought he could make a buck. Part of keeping the job meant registering to vote as Constitution party (was told to sign a filled out voter registration card before being given my paycheck one month) Also meant being forced to work 2/3 of my pay under the table (great when doing my taxes, sucked when filing for unemployment) Reasons I was let go was I would not do the quick money transactions when I thought something was stolen and I got blamed for short tills as I do not go to church yet the tweaker he had working there could not have done it as she was a "good person" that went every sunday.

Wow, I am a bit bitter...

It was a blast to work there as I got to see all the cool stuff and deal with the strange people. I did all the gun records, log book and computer database, was in charge of electronic repairs, the guitars and about half of the tool section. It was more like the show hardcore pawn than pawnstars (including the bickering kids and dad) but I also worked with 2 Chumlees. Never a dull day there and I have plenty of stories about people getting arrested in the store, fights with customers (and coworkers) and even a standoff when I was working alone one morning and I had to hold a 12ga (with 3"slugs) point blank on a guy in the store for about 5 minutes before he backed down on a botched robbery atempt (never try to rob a gun store when you don't have a gun on you)

Had 2 pachinkos come in over the years but both were trashed and the guys thought they were worth hundreds so no deals but I did get a 1967 Fender bassman for $15 and a church organ for free along with many great deals on guitars
    also, we were open from 10 am til 7 pm so as not to have to deal with the 3 am people, folks are strange enough during the day. also had windows broken out about every 8 or 9 months but nobody ever got in
    Last edited by owennewton; 06-13-2011 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not to Steal a Thread.

I was looking at a Motorcycle on the Bay the past few days. Seller stated that he purchased it from an elderly Gentleman. Was a 97 with only 16800 miles on it. Came to him with Straight pipes on it and the Factory originals. He did not like the excessive noise so he put the Factories back on. I noticed the extensive Bluing and flaked chrome on the front exhaust pipe. (V-Twin)

I contacted him about the pipe change and he replied that he reinstalled the Factory exhaust and put 1200 miles on the Bike since doing that. I explained to him that when a Dealer installed straight pipes they have to re jet the Carb to lean out the fuel mixture so the plugs won't foul. Told him about the excessive heat and chrome flaking on the front exhaust pipe and that he may have a "Burnt valve" issue with the front cylinder and due to this I was not going to Bid on the Bike unless he had it checked out.

Needless to say the Response from him was NOT N I C E ! ! !

I Pitty the person who purchases this Motorcycle.

72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

19. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"It nice to be nice to the nice"
    Frank Burns 4077
    DON'T FEED THE