Thread: Don Chan 2 Odds Key stuck?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Don Chan 2 Odds Key stuck?

My parents just picked up a Don Chan 2 machine at some yard sale and since it's in Japanese it fell to me to figure out how to do anything with it. It appears to work just fine. It has both keys (for case and for odds). I don't know much about these things, but I have read that the the internal key is for setting the odds. The instructions I read said that you turn off the system, turn the key and hit the reset button until the number corresponding to the odds you wish set and then hit the spin reals control. I've seen pictures of the odds key that is mentioned, but all of those have a white arrow that depicts a quarter turn. This one is just a key with a small orange dot above it. It does not seem to turn either way and does not have any arrow showing that it should be turned. Does anyone know how I would set the odds on this type of machine?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Don Chan 2 Odds Key stuck?

Welcome to Pachitalk

most machine have two keys.. one to open the door and a second to turn the odds seting... do ya have two differant keys??

allot of members have removed the key switch and replaced it with a aftermarket togle switch..

try posting a few pics..

i know we can help ya get it working
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rythious View Post
    My parents just picked up a Don Chan 2 machine at some yard sale and since it's in Japanese it fell to me to figure out how to do anything with it. It appears to work just fine. It has both keys (for case and for odds). I don't know much about these things, but I have read that the the internal key is for setting the odds. The instructions I read said that you turn off the system, turn the key * and hit the reset button until the number corresponding to the odds you wish set and then hit the spin reals control **. I've seen pictures of the odds key that is mentioned, but all of those have a white arrow that depicts a quarter turn. This one is just a key with a small orange dot above it. It does not seem to turn either way and does not have any arrow showing that it should be turned. Does anyone know how I would set the odds on this type of machine?
    A few additional steps.

* Turn the system back on

** Turn the key back to original position

I have a machine that you have to jiggle the heck out of to get it to turn. The key needs to turn to get the machine into setup mode. Could it be the wrong key? If so a toggle switch would be your best, cheapest option.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does the machine turn on normal and no error codes displayed, without resetting the machine
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The machine runs without any issues, no errors. The only problem is that the odds key doesn't turn, but there's no graphical impression that it should be able to turn. Unfortunately I have no pictures of it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

are you sure you have the key in the right slot, some machines have a small lock box key slot by the main board to prevent tampering
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Maybe it it the wrong key ,or the lock is stuck, the key should turn to the right to do a reset.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE