Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What pachinko machine do you have the most fun playing? Need advice.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question What pachinko machine do you have the most fun playing? Need advice.

Hey guys, this is my first post and I need some advice from those of you that have played many machines. I was looking for a pinball machine to add to my game room when I stumbled onto someone selling a pachinko machine. My family had one when I was a kid and I had forgot all about them. I did some surfing around the net and BOY have they changed! They look like a blast and they take up a lot less space than a pinball machine.

Here’s where I need your help. I’m looking to get a pachinko machine that is really fun to play, takes some skill (do they take skill? Or are they blind luck?) but is not too difficult. I know that “fun” is in the eye of the beholder but it sounds like a lot of you have played many different machines and I have nothing to go on so your opinions will be really helpful. What I want is for you to tell me your top 3 or 4 most fun machines that you have played.

I’m not looking for a machine that you like because it is based on a theme or movie you really loved but a machine that the gameplay was a blast to play.

FYI - I have a chance to get a LOTR machine and or a Sea Story machine but I don’t know if they are good (fun) machines. If you know about them let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What pachinko machine do you have the most fun playing? Need advice.

sea story is more fun than LOR
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What pachinko machine do you have the most fun playing? Need advice.

I've searched around the forum and can't find a review section or any reviews on LOTR or Sea Story, I'm I missing something? Since you've played them both is LOTR worth having for $150?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if you want it to be generic (not based on a movie or anime) I have to say Yoon Sona is an amazing machine. It gets the most play be far of my pachinkos. Pretty band is a great one if you can deal with J-pop music, fun animations. Gladiator is great to play but has very annoying music. The evangelion line (all 6 of them) have the most video clips and alternate modes and I enjoy them a lot (and I would even if I was not a fan of the show) best advice is to find 2 or three themes-machines you like (that you can find available) and ask about them. Now about the ones you did mention, Sea story tends to play fast and not have a lot of action between spins (part of why it is so popular in Japan among people that play just to win) however it is a good series of machine and enjoyable. I have never played LOTR but have seen many people say it is repetitive and gets boring fast.
    Last edited by owennewton; 05-10-2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I own Super Sea Story, and it is a fun machine to play. I have looked at LOTR as a possible purchase, but it seemed rather dull to me. Definitely one I'd want to play before dropping the $$. I find myself playing more of Cyborg 009, Yamato 2, and Three Sisters. What these all have in common is cool animatronics, awesome video sequence and interaction with the machine.

Good luck with your decision and keep us informed.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

I own LOTR and it does not get allot of play.. well to be honest NONE... Mrs Mopar is a huge LOTR fan so i got it for her... but im probably not the best person to ask.. i am 100% a vintage Pachinko guy.. i like the morder machines but i lose interest really quick.. now give me a vintage and i can play forever..

my advice is find a theme you like and search You-tube for a vid of it..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, in that case, what vintage machine(s) would you recommend to someone add to their game room if they can only get one?

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

No contest for me.

Cutie Honey

There are many different types of sea story. Do you know which version?
    Ian #UKPachinko

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cutie Honey, Julie the Pinball or Thunderzone

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In EVERY case when I bought a machine... the ones I have enjoyed the most, were ones that I personally liked/LOVED the theme for.

Ask yourself what do I like, but don't buy a machine just because it's a good deal, or it is available.

100% of the machines I bought because of opportunity, were not as fun in the long run

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

13. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to rubberratt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree don't buy because of the price, look at what attracts you to a particular machine,and do a little research. see if you can find videos on you tube of it. The price usually falls into place. Pachitalk is a very good place to start asking questions.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by FVGrilldaddy View Post
    Well, in that case, what vintage machine(s) would you recommend to someone add to their game room if they can only get one?
    Vintage pachinko's are usualy not theamed.. but for a game room a model "A" machine would be best.. they will run longer with less balls..

an Arrange ball would be my first recomandition... but they are hard to come by.. or a converted pachinko... usualy refered to as a "Computer Pachinko"
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by FVGrilldaddy View Post
    I’m not looking for a machine that you like because it is based on a theme or movie you really loved but a machine that the gameplay was a blast to play.
    To be honest I would say it is all about the theme. Most modern left sided Pachinkos pretty much play the same so your interest in the theme is what makes you come back to play more just waiting for that video sequence you haven't seen before.

Some may tell you there is skill to playing these games but I'd say it's all down to luck. Even so they are addictive as hell so buyer beware one will soon become many.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

my favorite is Gutey Honey

its a little racy for kids
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    sea story is more fun than LOR
    Eating Mud is more fun than Lord of the Rings
    Woody Woodpecker is the best M/C i have played.
    Lots of game play for kids from Eight to Eighty

21. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to derek1960

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but this is probably a common enough question.

For aesthetic purposes, whatever attracts your eye is what you'd want to get. For gameplay purposes, I'd go with Sea Story, especially the original, if you really want to understand the flow of modern pachinko. There's a reason why various elements of Sea Story have been copied by other companies (even by its own, Sanyo, with its Wan Wan Paradise series) before - it's straightforward (two yokoku, and five kinds of reaches), fairly fast, and even aesthetically sleek. If I had to choose one machine (and I've played hundreds) to be stuck with on a desert island, it would be Sea Story.

cr_seastory.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

23. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to rupan777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I played with a Julie for a while and I really liked it. My wife loved it! Hopefully it will be here Tuesday.
    I have a Vintage which is fun once in a while, the moderns I have are a Wanted and a Ice Paradise and the Ice Paradise is a lot more fun than the Wanted.

25. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Steve Cebu

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

My next import will be a Super Sea story. I'm sure baby clam will love it
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A Sea Story is one I have yet to have in my collection, I know it seems to be THE most popular theme in the parlours in Japan, and I'd love to have one, when funds permit

I find it hard to say which of my pachinkos are the most fun to play

Obviously for true pachinko action, it has to be the moderns, Modern pachinko is all about the flashy lights and attention grabbing features, and I enjoy playing all of them!!

Pachinko to me, is like music, it depends on your mood at the time, sometimes I'm in a mad Maharaja or Julie pinball mood, where it IS all about the music and the energy the tracks add to the game.

Other times I prefer the cute cartoon action of Garfield, or the scariness of Horror Mansion.

I think it really IS all about the theme, a theme that interests you is half the fun, as it draws you in.

And for a slower pace, I do also have a fun early modern and 3 vintages, one being an arepachi, it's a different sort of pachinko, but fun in it's own way.

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

28. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast