Thread: Umbrella Man by Sankyo Hanemono

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Umbrella Man by Sankyo Hanemono

Found this one in my "sister" city... on Craig's List, really liked the colors and when it goes into fever "old style"...

Trying to figure out how to get ALL the pachinko balls out of it, some appear to be in a log jam that requires taking the frame apart, anyone got a manual? Or maybe just more information? It's not CR. There is an adjustment nut on the back of the shooter handle; haven't experimented with that. Still trying to find the volume control, the power switch and how to check the light bulbs.

There are two large rectangular wings that spread out and back in above the center feature umbrella man. They have red and green diamonds on them... when it jackpots; the reward tray is quickly emptied...

Found this excerpt on another Pachitalk thread...

A little about Hanemono:
    Considered more the 'Nickel Slot' (more play for less money) of the pachinko parlor today, they were all the rage in the late 70's through mid 90's when the Digital (having to match 3 numbers or symbols to win) machines took over. New models are made by most of the major manufacturers each year to bring in the nostalga player, but it is a small fraction to the total production.
    Of the 39 different games made by Sankyo over the last 4 years, only 3 were Hanemono.
    The older models are getting very hard to find in good shape here and abroad, still demanding high prices in Japan as so many were either destroyed or shipped to the US, and the newer models are also rare in that they are made in such small numbers and are generally destroyed (recycled) after their usefulness to the parlors.

How to play:
    Play looks easy, but it takes timing and skill to win big!
    At the bottom of the playfield are three pockets, two labeled '1' or 'One' and one labeled '2' or 'Two'. When a ball enters one of these pockets, mechanical arms or 'wings' in the centerfeature of the playfield will open once for one second for a '1' pocket and twice for one second for a '2' pocket. Within the centerfeature will be a 'V' or 'V Zone' pocket. If the ball enters this pocket you win! Lots of lights and music! Now the wings will open many times and you can shoot 9-10 balls in per round, winning many balls. The number of rounds can be a set thing on some machines or can be variable, say either 5, 9, or 15 rounds. A ball MUST go in the 'V' pocket during each round for play to continue to the next round. If not, the game is over, back to normal play.

The Fun of Hanemono machines is that they require more skill in placing the balls in the correct area of the playfield at the right time instead of just waiting for the computer to decide you've won or not (more often not!).

Umbrella Man Front.jpg Umbrella Man Back.jpg

Umbrella Man Feeder Area.jpg Umbrella Man Log Jam.jpg
    Last edited by CarlW; 05-02-2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: spelling
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Umbrella Man by Sankyo Hanemono

That big jam up of balls are the jackpot balls waiting to drop through the payout motor on the lower right. Does the motor turn when you power it on? Also, you will need lots of balls in the hopper to clear them out unless you want to dismantle the back to remove them(not too hard). If you decide to work in the payout motor area, take lots of pics as there are a lot of parts that will drop in your hand when you take the inside cover plate off. I have a similar machine with the same payout scheme. Smaller jackpots pay a small amount(5), and when the large door at the bottom opens, the payout is 13 or more. Your pic shows balls only in the large payout track and none in the small payout track. Good luck getting it running!
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice one you got there!

I can give you some information of the model itself (That perhaps interesting for you)

It was released 1991 by Sankyo and name was in Japanese 名人会GPA ( English: Master/Expert Group)

パチンコ・パチス*最新機種情*

And was based of classical entertainal sketch in which umbrella is used and rolled different item (Like ball, ring etc), and Umbrella in machine of yours is that spins would resemble this. In 1993 i believe, Nishijin was also released almost similar model that also based on the same principle, but this was later (1993).

Video of sketch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V68H1sPKLw

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Phoenixking

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have that one
    Nice pick up lots of fun

DON'T FEED THE

8. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to ebb

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ahhh I love Umbrella man...
    Last edited by WondersPachi; 12-06-2011 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Major Brainfart

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like the same frame as my Thunder Dragon. Volume control should be a 3 position switch on inside of lower front door.I had a similar ball jam.Seems like I did something here to unclog it. I did need to fill the upper hopper several times. I think 1 ball came out for each jackpot. I posted what I did...can't remember now.Opening the back is easily done without tools. simply open these levers. You will have to unplug wiring harnesses to get it open. I have more pics in another post. Can probably find it by searching "my 1st craigslist purchase".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pachiwall; 12-06-2011 at 04:20 PM.

11. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just picked up umbrella man! Anyone still here?

13. The following user says "Thanks" to bluefish44

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I recently picked up 3 Hanemonos of the same era......working in the garage now......should be fun when I get the burnt bulbs replaced and cleaned up.....
    I'm not addicted to Pachinkos. I can quit at any time. Did I tell you about the three machines that I have on the way?

15. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Bigdog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    I recently picked up 3 Hanemonos of the same era......working in the garage now......should be fun when I get the burnt bulbs replaced and cleaned up.....
    Pics please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk