Thread: Eleco Taco Slot Trouble

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Eleco Taco Slot Trouble

I got a Eleco Taco Slot. It is not registering the tokens. The token go thru the coin mech & into the hopper but you get no credit, not even the noise when a token is put in.
    I have replaced the small sensor on the back & that did not help. there was a broken connection on the board that I have fixed. Still no help.
    If you stop a token & jam it the jam sensor goes off & your have to reset the unit. I have checked each button for a jam & each one makes a light on the motherboard come on except the 1 & 2 bet buttons they make a light go off.
    Any help or ideas would be a great help.

Thanks

Taco Slot inside door.jpgTaco Slot.jpgTaco Slot inside.jpg
    SPIN LUCK #2973 *** KING CAMEL *** SINBAD ADVENTURE *** AUTOMATIC *** WILD WOLF *** DEATH VALLEY *** NEO PLANETT *** THE CYBORG SOLDIER 009 SP *** DESTROYER

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Eleco Taco Slot Trouble

Could you possibly wire the sensor backwards.Maybe the bet 1&2 buttons are stuck on.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does the magnet on the token acceptor click on when the machine is reset and release when you jam a token to set the error?

And do any LED's flash when a token is inserted / come on steady as you hold a token in the sensors to cause a jam and throw an error?
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is there power to the accepter magnet .check for loose connections or dirty ones.maybe the credit LEDisdisconnected.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes there is power to the magnet. when I force a coin jam the magnet is released and able to do a full reset. I will have to check on the lights during the coin jam & when the token pass thru to the hopper.
    SPIN LUCK #2973 *** KING CAMEL *** SINBAD ADVENTURE *** AUTOMATIC *** WILD WOLF *** DEATH VALLEY *** NEO PLANETT *** THE CYBORG SOLDIER 009 SP *** DESTROYER

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is it a 1 2 or 3 bet machine and can the coin empty out button cancel the credit read out, so it won't add credits. two of my machines can do that. Just a thought you might check.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Right now the credit window shows a 0. so it is in credit mode. but either way the tkoens do not register.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It likely has to do with the token accepter sensor not working.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a taco slot. Check the small round metal cylindrical slug magnet in the coin mechanism. Try backing it away from the token track. If that doesn't help then try moving it towards the token track.
    I set mine back by about 1/8th inch and that was good.
    Also examine the metal track that the tokens roll on in the mechanism. make sure it is adjusted to the correct height. The top of the tokens need to tuck inside the metal
    bar at the top by 1/32nd of an inch!!! You can raise or lower their height but adjusting the track with the 2 screws on the back. Also make sure the track is the same height
    from left to right.
    I do this by holding the mechanism in my hand then I insert 3 or 4 tokens into the mechanism and hold them in place in the track to see if they are uniform in height.
    If the track drops too far down from left to right the top of the token will not pass across the optical sensor and it will not register. (it will pass under it!)
    Also check to make sure that the token is being held upright by the plastic guard (flap). sometimes the spring on it is weak and the flap does not close properly so the token
    rolls along at a tilt and the sensors misses it.
    Here is a highly unlikely cause:
    I recently had a pachi that didn't register the tokens and the cause was that the pachi was actually tilting a bit backwards because the stand it was on had wheels that
    were not adjusted so that the table was flat.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to SlotsRfun

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I Have checked the coin mech. I seems to be fine. I replace the coin accepting senor with a new one. the token will go thru the unit & go right into the hopper. If I stop the coin it will set off the coin jam sensor. I fixed a broken trace on the connector that connects the plug to the board. The only thing I can thing of is that the replacement sensor was also bad. but not likely.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Slotrfun, the light on the motherboard is lit, when I drop the token in it goes out momentarily then the jam light flashes on real quick. can you see if yours does the same.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi
    I have tried dropping a token in and blocking it to create a jam. When it jams LEDs 18 and 19 come on steady. When I press the clear button LED 20 comes on momentarily!

The normal lit pattern when it is just sitting and clear is
    LEDS 5, 12, 13, 15, ,2 , 3, 4, 25 and behind the reels LEDs 1 and 22 are all lit steadily.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are the lights that I have lit on normal start up & the other in with everything unplugged but the coin mech. Please let me know if you get the same.

Normal Turn on.jpgOnly coin mech connected.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, I turned on my taco and first I rechecked the LEDS when everything is working.
    It is the same as in your first photo.
    However I then unplugged the main connector to the front door so everything there was unplugged
    and then i also unplugged the reels.
    The top 3 LEDS (LEDS 2, 3 and 4)were lit but there was no lit LED below. (LED 15 was not lit)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh, check the spring on the back of the mech. It is the spring that retracts the metal arm over the electromagnet.
    I had a trouble with the tokens not registering, (they passed thru and into the hopper) and it turned out that the spring in my taco was very weak.
    I replaced it and bingo! Pass a token thru slowly with a finger moving it while you watch it work.
    another slight possibility is that the sensor is covered with dirt dust grease or something.