Thread: The reel won't stop. The buttons are recognized. Bad stop board?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Angry The reel won't stop. The buttons are recognized. Bad stop board?

I picked this machine up off a friend who couldn't get it to work. Its a Kitac Hyper juggler V. I checked out a bunch of other posts but cleaning and checking connects does nothing. I also changed the fuse on the stop board. When I open it up and push the stop buttons a corresponding led lights up on the main board. It just seems like the stop board is bad. Can some one please help me find one? Or if there's anything I missed. This thing is cool but waiting a minute for reel to stop every turn is aggravating.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: The reel won't stop. The buttons are recognized. Bad stop board?

Hi and WELCOME to PachiTalk.

First, do you have any electrical back round as to "Chasing Wires"?

The reason I ask is that if you do and are comfortable with jumping a few points on the stop board I can help you troubleshoot the problem if it is in fact on it.

Pin 26 of the 30 wire ribbon cable on the stop board (see Pic Below) is the signal inputted to it to tell it to stop the third reel. Pin 30 on the stop board is the "Stop" command output signal to stop the third reel.

This happens as you push the right stop button. That signal is sent to the Main PC Board. It receives the signal from the right stop button, lights that LED you see and sends that signal to the stop board. The stop board receives the signal and then sends the command signal to stop the third reel back to the Main PC Board which in turn relays it out to stop the third reel.

Seeing that all three LED's are lighting up as you press the three stop buttons it is good to say that the stop buttons are working and that the Main PC Board is receiving their inputs.

There is one of three possible problems as I see it.

Pin 26 or 30 on the ribbon cable from the Main PC board to the stop board is open or the stop board is faulty. Seeing that the reel stops by itself after a period of time, the wire from the main PC Board to the third reel is O.K.

I would first remove the 30 wire ribbon cable from the stop board and the Main PC Board and make sure that ALL pins on both Boards are straight. Not bent or broken.

If they are are all O.K. then a resistance check using an Ohm Meter is needed to check pins 26 and 30 on that 30 wire ribbon cable to make sure that both the wires in that ribbon cable are sound.

If they are then I can tell you how to "Jump circuits on the stop board while the reels are spinning to check the circuitry / components on the stop board.

If you are not comfortable in doing this and there are no Members near by that could help you do this you could mail me the ribbon cable and stop board and I can check them for you.

What part of the Country are you located in?

Let us know what you find and again . . .

STOP (Medium).JPG
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

3. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'd like to know more on testing procedures for the stop board.
    I have a Max Allied GIAN' machine, but is has the same stop board you have pictured in your post.

And yes, I am comfortable chasing, poking, prodding, and manipulating by any means necessary in order to figure out why this machine won't stop with the button presses. Plays fine otherwise, just have to wait for it to timeout before the reels stop.
    Button switches are good, stop board fuse good, ribbon cables re-seated a few times.

Probably should have started my own thread, but I was reading through a bunch and this one caught my attention...and it was unsolved.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Kevin and

Welcome to PachiTalk ! ! !

First off check the fuse on the Stop Board. It is a 1 amp fuse.

Next is to remove the 30 pin ribbon cable from the Stop Board and Motherboard. check for bent pins on both sides. Then
    read out all 30 wires on the ribbon cable to make sure they are all good.

If you PM me your address I can send you a schematic of the Stop Board so you can start reading out circuits.

Your Pachi was made in 2000.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

6. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey NIT your in J-ville?? I'm down here in St. Augustine! yeahhhh!

8. The following user says "Thanks" to WondersPachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the "Welcome" and any advice you can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by new in town View Post
    First off check the fuse on the Stop Board. It is a 1 amp fuse.
    Fuse is good.

Next is to remove the 30 pin ribbon cable from the Stop Board and Motherboard. check for bent pins on both sides. Then
    read out all 30 wires on the ribbon cable to make sure they are all good.
    Everything physically looks good (nothing bent, broken, etc), I'll meter the individual lines to be certain.

If you PM me your address I can send you a schematic of the Stop Board so you can start reading out circuits.
    PM sent.

There is a second, small, narrow circuit board that mounts under the motherboard that the stop board actually connects to. I pulled it out and looked it over and didn't find anything obvious. There's no components on it, just more of a "routing" board for some of the harnesses. (kind of an in between board of sorts) But I'll worry about that more if the stop board checks out OK.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to KevinMullins

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by KevinMullins View Post
    I'd like to know more on testing procedures for the stop board.
    I have a Max Allied GIAN' machine, but is has the same stop board you have pictured in your post.

And yes, I am comfortable chasing, poking, prodding, and manipulating by any means necessary in order to figure out why this machine won't stop with the button presses. Plays fine otherwise, just have to wait for it to timeout before the reels stop.
    Button switches are good, stop board fuse good, ribbon cables re-seated a few times.

Probably should have started my own thread, but I was reading through a bunch and this one caught my attention...and it was unsolved.
    Im more of a vintage Pachinko guy, but wanted to say

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    Im more of a vintage Pachinko guy, but wanted to say

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Thanks for the welcome... I have an older Pachinko machine I need to do something with one of these days. (really just needs cleaned up and cosmetics)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, well this is kind of embarrassing….good thing I don’t embarrass easily.

I had looked over all the cabling pretty well, but hadn’t “pulled” the ribbon cable going to the stop board completely out. So I pulled it in order to Ohm it end to end. It was bundled up and tucked behind a few other harnesses towards the back wall of the machine, right next to one of the vent slots. Appears that while it was in storage a mouse may have poked his little head in there and nibbled a chunk of one single strand of the ribbon cable plum off. Doh! (something I should have caught earlier on) I did a quick test with an alligator clip lead and it worked. So I of course fixed that strand properly and it’s been working perfectly since.

This certainly makes it more enjoyable to play now.

Chewed wire -
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-p...n%25252001.jpg

Fixed wire –
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-u...n%25252002.jpg

Mounted –
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-y...n%25252004.jpg

Vent Slot –

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-x...n%25252003.jpg

All better now –
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-z...IAN%252527.jpg

Now just to find/build a stand for it……

Thanks for all the insight help. I’m going to study the stop board itself still since it does seem to be a fairly common failure. The more I know the better off I’ll be when the time comes.

14. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to KevinMullins

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool Did you find the mouse
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Haha, no... no mouse to be found.
    Actually this machine was surprisingly clean inside. Very little dust of any kind.
    Trust me, I've had my fair share of "surprises" inside old arcade cabinets, this little thing was a blessing.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Glad to hear you got "IT" up and running. Sent you an e-mail about your Ribbon Cable.