Thread: New one to the collections...Halps!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New one to the collections...Halps!!!

Picked up a new toy. It's pretty dirty and alarms are going off and connectors are undone. Taking it all apart now and cleaning everthing to showroom again. Ran across a couple things. Guess I will start with this one...What's in the middle of the coin return bin?

Also...does the coin / token devise look ok?

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to WOEII

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New one to the collections...Halps!!!

What is this thing? I dont think even tokens can make it down the shaft with the wires that are in it.

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to WOEII

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok...got it cleaned up. Switched out the hopper and token acceptor with my other Heiwa and it works great.

Top light and belly light is shot...and the tokens do get caught up with that thingy!

6. The following user says "Thanks" to WOEII

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice pictures, makes it much easier to try to help you figure it out. It looks like some sort of optical device. Maybe a coin out sensor. I am thinking of instead of having it filled with tokens, when it is supposed to pay out coins, you just wave your hand through it to register a coin out pulse and just keep doing that until it is done paying out.

Cash out or win over 50 credits, which is usually a max amount a machine holds (which you probably know) and then when the hopper starts to run (with no coins in it) try waving your hand around it and see if that might be it.

Or maybe the opposite, a coin in sensor? If that is the case, my guess is if you wave your hand one direction, it would error out, and the other way would insert a credit.

Keep us updated!

Quote Originally Posted by WOEII View Post
    Ok...got it cleaned up. Switched out the hopper and token acceptor with my other Heiwa and it works great.

Top light and belly light is shot...and the tokens do get caught up with that thingy!
    Last edited by carwarr; 04-17-2011 at 08:24 PM.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to carwarr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Somebody rigged up someway to fool the coin acceptor,but for what reason.Ihave never seen anything like that before.Are the top and bottom lamps just burned out,that is an easy fix.Let us know what you find out about that coin thingy.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

10. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My guess is that the machine was rigged to accept any size token or coin. You know what happens when you put in the wrong size token? It gets rejected and sent out the payout chute. I think the coin acceptance sensor was moved to the output and the loader was modified to reject everything. Not sure what they would have done with the hopper. It was probably manually stocked. You did say you had to swap that out too. Why was that necessary?

12. The following user says "Thanks" to stevek1330

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by yose View Post
    Somebody rigged up someway to fool the coin acceptor,but for what reason.Ihave never seen anything like that before.Are the top and bottom lamps just burned out,that is an easy fix.Let us know what you find out about that coin thingy.
    One lamp is missing and the other has blown. Stopping by a lighting store today.
    My guess is that the machine was rigged to accept any size token or coin. You know what happens when you put in the wrong size token? It gets rejected and sent out the payout chute. I think the coin acceptance sensor was moved to the output and the loader was modified to reject everything. Not sure what they would have done with the hopper. It was probably manually stocked. You did say you had to swap that out too. Why was that necessary?
    Gonna check things out today. The hopper looked normal until I turned it over. The motor is missing. Want to see what the fever does. It's built up pretty good now so I hope it will pop.
    Last edited by WOEII; 04-18-2011 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know there is devices for using external "BET:s" instead of using only tokens. Mainly this can be used of operators that needs smooth testing of machine instead of just putting tokens all time to test the machine. Also it is handy of people that for example lives in apartments and want to play their private machines on late evening for example ( no big loud noise from tokens). Not sure of main use of these, but that were some examples i know of.

I do not know your device, but i know devices are putted into machines and instead of connecting machine to hopper, they connect directly to device i think. I have not seen your kind but there is devices using push-buttons (see pic below), and perhaps the device of yours is as mentioned above, a sensor that is for same purpouse?

Might also be like stevek1330 say, but would not that feature would be possible by just to adjust Coin-mechanism unit?

Anyway, just as i always say, i am by no means expert on Pachislo, so i might be wrong Anyway, good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Phoenixking

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok...here we go...

Parts from other machine work perfectly on this one. Awesome sounds and fevers have disco type theme.

Replaced old hopper and it went to error. Hopper error.
    Replaced coin mech and wiring all went quiet. Incert coin and nothin. Add some coins to hopper...nothin.

Put my hand in front of optic sensor and it errors out E1.. for 4 seconds and then goes quiet...I try it again...E2 for 4 seconds and then goes quiet. 3rd time E3 and then 4 seconds again. So I lean back on the couch and stare at the unit for about 20 mins.

So I try the sensor again and Bleuuuoop! A credit was added. Tried it again and it errored out. The trick is to quickly swipe a finger across the optic sensor and it adds the credits!

So I bumped it up about 25 credits and when I win 6 coins it adds 6. If it goes over 50 I here a click inside like the hoppper is paying out. If I bump it up to 50 credits and win then it errors out and needs a reset.

So it works great and seems this machine does not need any coins to play!

17. The following user says "Thanks" to WOEII

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That was my thinking about the optic thing. I assume it has 2 "beams" in it and it replaces the 2 optics that a normal coin rolls through, so if you swipe one direction, it will probably error, but swiping the other way simulates the coin rolling through the 2 stock optics. If you move too slow, it should also error.

Any other numbers you can see on that device besides the 0832? Does it look like it might have been part of the stock coin mech and just pulled off and glued down there? I am not familiar with that type of coin mech.