Thread: Gluing the reel labels

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool Gluing the reel labels

I got a fixer upper at auction; a Universal "Versus". I am making progress and I hope to hit the forums with my problems one at a time. Mostly, it works;but the labels have become unglued from the reels. They are still in good shape and I hope to clean off the old glue and reattach them. I see they are marked 1,2 & 3. That helps. I see the left side of the three reels are marked something like 1 to 99. So my question is - when I reattach the label strips, is 1 the top edge of the first label on the strip. I don't want to mess up the strips by getting them wrong and having to remove them again. Do you suppose contact cement applied neatly to the edges is the way to go?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Gluing the reel labels

Contact cement if I remember correctly, is fairly permanent. I'm thinking of the stuff that is applied to both surfaces and allowed to dry for a few minutes till sticky and then pressed together. Back in the day I used to ride/race stand up jet skis -not the lame ones you sit down on that are designed for women and children Anyway, we'd use contact cement to attach the traction pad to the foot tray. The only way to remove it was to grind it off. Point is you will likely tear your part if you put it on incorrectly.
    What I use quite a bit for rebuilding pachinkos is silicone glue. It's strong enough for just about any pachinko repair but is not permanent in the sense that it can be removed as well as the residue.
    Good luck.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Make a mark on the reel where the label starts so can reapply them in the exact place they were.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Please note that the strips were not attached when I bought it. That being so, marking the original location was never an option. So far, I have attached temporarily with painters tape. I used 1 as the location of the seam. - I'm still testing but leaning toward this being wrong. I seem to win/loose perplexingly. I tried 1 'metal' bets and got 3 cherries across the middle. I would have thought that would be a win of something. I'll keep fiddling and would still appreciate additional feedback.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Try playing the machine without the reel strips , when the you stop the reels and it paysout count the number of credits it pays. then you can figure which symbol it is.The reel symbols actually have nothing to do with the internal workings of the machine,they are just for the interactions to us playing them. So try it.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i would hold the strips in place temporarily with scotch tape.play the machine and see if it's right.if not,you can easily reposition the strips.when you are sure of the correct position,glue them in place.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

not a lot of help, but here's a picture of the game:

パチンコ・パチス*最新機種情*

С [ѥޥޥ]

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I used double sided scotch tape to hold the strips in place.
    My favorite color is Ham

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to BigBearSteve

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Actually, the second link is helpful. The contact cement discussion was useful. The double sided scotch tape is a high probability. I am tracking winning positions and amounts. I probably have enough data to begin trying some different positions but I need a little quiet time to further analyze the numbers. But,, the next few days will be preparing for a trip then gone until 4/25 (Dominican Republic). So, I'll leave the thread open, collect any further thoughts, then report my resolution in case someone else can benefit. This seems to be my last hurdle.

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to n9pin