Thread: Newbie needs help with a Gokuu Pachislo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Newbie needs help with a Gokuu Pachislo

I just got a broken Gokuu machine. I have been repairing electronics for about 25 years and figured this shouldn't be any more difficult than an American pinball machine or video game... Boy was I wrong. I am neck deep and drowning now. I could really use some help. First with game identification and secondly with some specifics of game cycle of operation.
    The only identifying marks on the game are the name Gokuu on the lower marquee, a sticker that has "Skill 00047448", a sticker that has "NDT" and a sticker that says" NDK". All the circuit boards say "SHOKYUSHA KYDEI". I think it has a power supply problem, but can't find any specifics on the machine or the components.
    When I plug it in the front flourescent tube lights, but nothing else happens. there is no indication of power going to any of the boards or any other lights. Any help would be greatly appreciated.IMG_08811.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newbie needs help with a Gokuu Pachislo

wELCOME TO PACHITALK. It sounds like it needs a full reset. You need a smaller key for the power supply or there is a toggle switch . with the power off turn the reset key to the right,or flip the switch ,turn machine back on an led display will light up either on the back or the front of the door it shows 1to6, by pressing a reset button the led changes 1 thru 6 1 being the hardest odds and up to 6 the easiest.. Once you decide the odds press the start knob down and hold down for10 seconds then turn key or switchon power supply off, and the machine should boot up and reset to play.Try that and see what happens.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome To PachiTalk ! ! !

Your Pachislo is made by OKAZAKI and is a 1997 Machine. It is a 1, 2 or 3 Token bet Pachi. Link to their Web Site. :

Google Translate

Pictures can be a BIG help.

A few questions?

None of the LED's on the PC boards lite up when the Pachi is turned on?

Does it have a Transformer installed inside of the cabinet that is connected to the main power supply or does the wall plug connect directly to that power supply?

I'm sure you have done this already but just in case. . . Check the plugs at the power supply. Make sure that there are no bent or pushed pins on the connectors and re seat them all. Follow the harness's from the power supply and do the same thing at the PC board sides they connect to. Double check any fuses on the power supply.

There should be a factory sticker on the back of the Pachi that states it's operating voltage, 100 or 24 volts.

Pachislo's normally operate at 100 volts AC from the wall and then the power supply does the rest making up the internal voltages the machine needs to operate at or they operate at 24 volts AC input from a transformer.

The main inner door PC board operates at 5 volts DC which connects the stop buttons, spin knob, bet button, and Token Acceptor. Most machines the Token sensors operate a 5 volts DC but some operate at higher voltages up to 16 + volts.

The Token acceptor also has a magnet on it that should "Click' if the Pachi is properly reset and the power is first turned on. This magnet operates at 23 to 28 volts DC.

There is a Reel Stop Board which has a 30 pin ribbon cable attached to it from the Main PC board. A picture of it is enclosed with a ground / common point indicated. Enclosed is also a schematic of this board to probe it's
    voltages using that ground reference. If you would like a higher Res picture of the schematic please PM me your e-mail address and I will send it to you.

The fuse on this stop board which connects to pin one of the 30 pin ribbon cable connector should be at 24 volts DC with the machine turned on with you using that ground point at C6.

If you could post a few Pic's of the inside of the Pachi : power supply, Main board Ect. it would help us out helping you.

STOP (Medium).JPGStop (Medium) (2).jpg
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IMG_0890.jpgI IMG_0891.jpghave tried the full reset with no luck. The LED's on the front never light up. I checked every connector and every pin. I looked at every PC board under magnification looking for cold solder joints. I spent several hours trying to find a schematic for the power supply with no luck. I am attaching some other pics of the inside that I took this evening.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. The following user says "Thanks" to jukeboxrob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I Enhanced the Pic's A Bit.

With it powered on check that fuse on the Stop Board to the side of the C6 Cap for 24 volts DC and the two wires on the Token Acceptor Magnet for 23 to 28 volts DC.

If Tokens are inserted with the Machine powered up and they just fall back into the lower tray then there is no voltage going to that magnet but check it any way for any voltage.

Does the fan above the Reels to the right run with the Pachi turned on?

You can check for the lower 5 volt DC voltage at the spin knob. Follow the wiring from the spin knob to one of those 8 white plugs on the inner door board to the right of the black ribbon cable plug. Let me know how many pins are on it. Should be 2 to 4 pins. Probe them "pinning" around with the spin knob in it's normal position and while depressed. Some spin knobs have a low state that goes hi when the knob is pressed and others are normally hi and go to low.

We need to find another machine that is working and someone wiling to do some voltage checking and what the button / switch functions do on the power supply.

Did not see a transformer. Is the AC power plug connected directly to the power supply?

By looking at the inner cabinet pic I take it the Mother Board above the reels is mounted horizontal not vertical against the back wall. Can you see any red LED's on that mother board and if so do any of them lite up with the machine on? They should go on or off if you do have them as you press various buttons / knobs on the front of the machine.

Lastly, is there a power rating sticker on the back of the Pachi that states 100 volts or 24 volts?

IMG_0890.jpgIMG_0891.jpgSTOP (Medium).JPG
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am not sure if the photos are just dark ,but the insides of the machine and the wireing look they have smoke damage. The ribbon cables look brown along with the wrappings.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yose could be right. does it smell like it burned or overheated?
    Also your thumbnails in your post (#4) are of a pachinko not your pachislo.
    There is a dealer on Ebay than sometimes sells 24v pachislo transformers.
    His ID is tombstone_silverworks. He has about 100 of them on hand. you can contact
    him if you need one.
    check every connection to see if they are clean and firmly seated. your machine looks pretty dirty inside.
    pachis are overly sensitive to voltage spikes. The motherboards fry easily!!!
    The power supply itself can often be repaired. Just open it and examine it carefully.
    Mostly standard parts that you can either replace or rig up something new.
    the flourescents are F10T8/CW
    Replacement Light Bulbs-Fluorescent Lamps

and the bulbs (24v 3 wt) are available from FTKServices on Ebay.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

no fire or smoke damage, just a TON of nicotine. No 24 volts at the stop board or the coin magnet. No 5 vdc on the spin knob and it has 3 wires, brown, green and red. One red LED on the mother board. comes on when the power switch is turned on and then goes out after about 2 seconds. Every once in a while it stays on steady and doea not turn off. The fan runs every time the power switch is turned on. All fuses are good (tested with a meter). There is no transformer. The wall plug goes directly in to the bottom of the power supply. When you turn the power switch on the speaker crackles a little bit and every now and then you will hear it crackle and then go away. about every 5th time you turn it on you can hear something click on the payout hopper,. but it is not consistant.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It acts like it could be a bad power supply. There is no power going out anywhere, are the ribbon leads connected to the right terminals?, and all connectors tight. Check to see if the leads going into the power supply are connected tight, along with the ground wire.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

all wires are tight. checked all the connectors and the pins. the connectors are all different and can not be put on incorrectly

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can you test the voltage on some wires coming out of the power supply, just to see if any voltage is shown. It acts like either power or mother board problems.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can't find any voltages coming out other than 5 volts. That explains how the LED on the motherboard turns on. Shouldn't there be 12 and 24 volts also? Is the power supply turned on by the mother board? Is there a way to jumper pins to tell it to turn on? That should tell whethet it is the motherboard or the power supply.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would think power has to go through the power supply first to change voltage ratings to the mother board,then redirects varied volts from there to different parts of the machine. there should be 24 volts coming out to at least power the hopper motor, and light bulbs.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does anyone have the schematic for the power supply?? If I had that, I think I could narrow things down. Thanks, Rob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't know if anybody will have a schematic for a specific machine. You might have to remove,a side or two of the power supply and start tracing where the wires go,and start testing from there.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxrob View Post
    Does anyone have the schematic for the power supply?? If I had that, I think I could narrow things down. Thanks, Rob
    Sadly it is much easier to find them for a Sunn Beta bass amp (I know as that one was hard to find) or even a 1954 Wurlitzer organ (again, I found one) than any info like that for one of these machines. Your best bet is to try and trace it out yourself if you can
    the

LLTR