Thread: Gamera High Vision

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Gamera High Vision

I have a Gamera High Vision with LCD issues. I got the machine to the point where the screen now lights up bright white with a NO SYNC message. Before the game worked, but no lighted screen. I guess that this means that the screen now functions after I swapped out the inverter Hitachi # INVC651. Does the message mean that the video board is bad ? Is the board located in the LCD assembly under the metal housing ? What else could the NO SYNC message mean ? The game doesn't work now with tokens falling thru. Any thoughts ?

Frank A
    Frank A
    Lower Delaware

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Gamera High Vision

Got your PM Sir,

Did you also lose the speakers? (no sound?)

The multi pin gray ribbon cable from the top inner door PC Board to the LCD screen can cause this problem "no sync" if it is not seated correctly. But before you Tinker with that do This. . .

Do a Full reset of the machine and try it out again.

I disconnected the gray ribbon cable from mine and got your "No Sync" alert. Still had it after I reconnected the cable and I also lost the sound. When I did a Full Reset, ALL came back to Life including the sound.

That Board handles ALLOT of Stuff, Video, Sound, Ect. When it gets confused normally a Full Reset will get it back in working order.

Let us know what you found out.

72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I hope that works! NIT, good to know I am not the only one willing to tinker in my own pachis trying to recreate issues others have
    the

LLTR

5. The following user says "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I discovered I had this very issue with this very same Gamera game. I dug around on the internet and found a website with a Pachislo owners manual with very helpful information. Here are the steps that I followed to do a full reset. 1: Turn off power. 2. Insert setting key into keyhole in power supply. 3. Turn to the key to the right (on position). 4. Turn the power supply on. 5. Set the credit counter at 1 thru 6 (your choice). 6. Set the odd rating/skill level at 1 thru 6 (your choice). 7. Set the payout level. 8. Pull down on the spin know. 9. Turn the key to the left (off position). When doing this full reset, I put the skill level of the machine back to 6, which is the easiest. After doing that, the graphics/picture/sound immediately started working.
    Last edited by hanabi; 03-20-2011 at 04:52 AM. Reason: removed hijacked link

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just checked my Gamera that is working and the fan unit is running while the fan unit on the Gamera with issues is not running. This unit has a S4DT0007976 number on the board.
    # 1-May I deduce that since the fan is not running that the board is bad or is it just not getting power ?
    # 2- May I assume that the LCD screen is good since it lights up bright white and the NO Sync message is loud and clear ?
    # 3-Does anyone have parts available ? Does anyone have the whole complete assembly (LCD screen, inverters, fan board assembly ) that goes inside the white plastic housing that is tested and working ? Does anyone have just the two boards ( fan board assembly and adjacent board with ribbon cable assembly ) that I can just replace in kind ?
    # 4-Does anyone have any pictures of a Pachi door assembly that was made into a wall hanging with tree lights mounted inside ?

Thank you to all,

Frank A
    Cannot do a reset since no numbers come up. I went thru the reset sequence many times and many ways and nothing changes. I put in a different ribbon cable and no changes. Since the fan is not running it may be the board that supplies power to it. Which board ? Thanks,

Frank A
    Last edited by Frank A; 03-20-2011 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Frank A
    Lower Delaware