Thread: Yamasa Q Logos, Video/Sound keeps resetting

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Yamasa Q Logos, Video/Sound keeps resetting

Recently repaired my first slot machine for a friend of mine. Im a certified computer support tech so everything was super fun and interesting to figure out. After replacing a few fuses and clearing the coin mech. the machine worked awesome. Then I plugged in the speakers and noticed that the reels were spinning and that the character on the screen would move from hexagon to hexagon. After a couple of times the screen would go to a black background with the Yamasa logo and the sound would play as if I just turned the machine on. Checked all of the connections from the board to all of the buttons, lights, etc. and everything else was fine. Ive been searching for a week for information on this machine or machines like it but cant get anywhere. Ive done every reset known to man, but still when i play everything will work except for the "story screen," the light bar on top seems to reset its pattern and the sound resets like i just turned on the machine. Does it everytime right after you push the joystick to spin.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Yamasa Q Logos, Video/Sound keeps resetting

Welcome to PachiTalk ! ! !

Here is a Machine Manual for your Pachi. :

YAMASA Manual

Just sent Sid a Play Guide for Q Logos that I forgot to send him.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I cant really help ya out :more of a Vintage Pachinko guy but wanted to say

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Forgot to mention. This is a 2000 year Pachislo by YAMASA.

Double check the "Full Reset" procedure using the key inside of the machine. Change the odds from what they are right now to another number and Play the Pachi for awhile and then go back to the full reset mode and check to see if it held the "ODDS" number that you reset it to.

Will post Pic's of a Play Book tomorrow.

Off to Work. . .
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to pachitalk.It almost acts like the start knob is shorting out a switch to the reels or the light board somewhere.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds like you checked all the cables, but how about the cables off the power supply? I would reseat those and if you have a meter handy, see if you can find 5 volts to test and see what that reads. I know most of the boards are in plastic cases but it would be good to check the 5vdc on a chip on the main or sound board if you can.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Pachi only falters if the speakers are connected?

Do a resistance check on the speakers and see if any of them are shorted. There should be an Ohm value stamped on the speakers to check the resistance value. (usually they are 8 Ohm's)

Link to YAMASA's Web Site for this Machine : (Via Google Translate)

Q Logos

Direct to the Web Site so the "Flash" will work.

QLOGOS

Some of the Play Book Pic's are Below will post the rest in a Bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Rest of the Pic's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Since you said the trouble started when you plugged in the speakers disconnect them and do a full reset then try to play it. See if it plays properly at that point.
    You also mentioned that it goes haywire right after you press the spin knob.
    This combination of events suggests a grounding problem somewhere. Are the speaker connections grounding to the frame anywhere? Examine all the wiring and look for bare spots that
    may be grounding or touching.
    Also you mentioned that during play it seems to act as if you just turned it on. check all the wiring to the transformer and look for a loose connection. Retighten any screws and
    open up any wire nuts, examine the wires and reconnect them solidly. Also examine all connections on the machine to make sure they are clean and properly seated together.
    Look to see if one of them is loose or shaking which can cause intermittent connections and restarting of play.
    lastly, make certain that you have done the reset procedure correctly and are not somehow leaving the procedure unfinished. Do the reset and deliberately
    change the odds to another number then hold down the spin knob for about 10 seconds, release it and flip the key back to the OFF position. There's a vague
    possibility that the reset is somehow causing the machine to start from scratch each time. But I think a grounding event is happening when you press the spin knob and it is somehow
    related to the speaker wires.