Thread: Need help Nishijin payout light

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Need help Nishijin payout light

I could use some help with this one. The ball tray empty light works. AC voltage passing to what looks like a DC Power board/simple bridge rectifier. I don't think I am getting any voltage out of this DC power board and the payout lights don't work. It's missing one bulb behind the "15", but other one checks out OK. Are these 10V lights like the other Nishijin's(no label on the bulb rim)? Otherwise it cleaned up real nice. Still have some more elbow grease to finish it up.DSC08695.jpgDSC08701.jpgDSC08693.jpgDSC08703.jpgDSC08694.jpgDSC08702.jpgDSC08704.jpg
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need help Nishijin payout light

If it was me, I would just rewire everything to use 9v batteries (assuming the switches all work) but that's just me. That way you can make sure all the connections are good, etc, and not have to worry about electrocuting yourself, lol...

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also that second picture is a solenoid. All solenoids I use at work are dc. It looks like it has a rectifer built on the board next to it. It shouldn't hurt to run 9vdc. Is the 15 bulb wired to the low ball switch
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 03-12-2011 at 06:56 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, it looks like a DC solenoid. The problem is the rest is running on AC. The ball empty light works without the DC portion. I probably need to fish out the rectifier board and replace the diodes & cap as there is AC feeding the board.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

your machine seems to be hooked up right... does the solonoide work like it should??? the transformer should be providing power for bothe the lights and the solonoid...

the lights will work on ac or dc... the diodes are there for the solonoid.. so if the solonoid works your good to go there...

the lights are exactly the same an any vintage machine.. so dont get to hung up on the extra power...

great looking Machine... these Vintage Machines that require power are totaly cool
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll work on it this weekend and try to power the solenoid separately with a DC source. I think I will be replacing the diodes and cap. My meter showed almost a dead short when I tried to check the cap charge/discharge. The fishing game is headed for a little bench time!

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

If your going to run DC. You should be able to bypass the diodes straight away and connect directly to the solenoid. Just check the polarity before final connection.
    Ian #UKPachinko

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So I finally figured it out and everything works! It was a cold solder joint on the empty reward hopper light socket I was wondering why that light was intermittent too. Just unsoldered/resoldered the joint, and now the reward/payout lights work as well as the solenoid.

So the deal is when you hit the big jackpot in the middle, there are three paths in the rear to the solenoid trigger. Left opens the left tulip, right opens the right tulip, and down the middle open all three(left, right, and just under the fish box.

12. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to naha13