Thread: Advice needed before i purchase my very first pachinko machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Advice needed before i purchase my very first pachinko machine.

Hi all. This is my first post so please forgive me if i post on the wrong section or asked repeated questions!

My name is C.K. and i`m from Malaysia. I always wanted to try out pachinko but never had a chance to due to the fact that it's not easy to find a pachinko machine around asia countries except japan. So finally i've decided to purchase one (or maybe 3 if it's fun) for personal use. I`m gonna use it as a home decoration as well so i would need a case for it. After doing some research I found out that owning a pachinko machine is not like going on ebay buying it then wait for it to arrive and start playing with it. It involves installation, a custom cabinet or a table, a semi/full cyclic or ball lifter and so on….

Here are some of the questions that i've compiled hoping to find some answers from my gurus.

First of all, since i will be getting only 1 unit first, i`m hoping the get the most modern, high end model that i can find on the market, So far i've found Star Wars (http://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=86.0) , the CR Ferrari Pachinko (http://www.freewebs.com/coinopmech/apps/photos/album?albumid=2196097) and lastly the 007 James Bond (http://www.freewebs.com/coinopmech/apps/photos/album?albumid=2195336). Personal preference will be Ferrari and Star Wars since i`m a big fan of both. 007 is fine too because the 3 circle lcd screen looks really awesome! Anyway any gurus here has recommendation for machines that is newer , or better than this?

Secondly would be the Voltage, my country uses british plug with 220-240v and most of the website are selling pachinko machines in usa and mainly 100-110v. Should I use a transformer to convert the voltage or modify the machine itself to voltage that’s compatible with my country? Anyone or is there anywhere on the internet where I can read about this?

I’ve plan the hang the unit on the wall and I understand that I have to custom made a cabinet for the unit, is there a website that sells ready made cabinets and are all the cabinet standard size and fits all type of machine? I also plan to install a semi/full cyclic/ball lifter to the machine is skip the opening/closing the back of the machine. Any recommendation on which type of mod should I use to enjoy the gaming experience more? (I don’t mind getting the balls and putting it back on top but if I can do it with a press of a button then it will automatically refills the bottom balls back to the top will if better is there a devide for it ? )

Please take a look at this link showing all the frames of pachinko machines, does it all comes together with the pachinko machines or some seller/verdors sell this separately?
    http://www.gibisans.com/Sankyo_Bisty_Frames.html

So far I’ve found 2 websites that sells the pachinko machine I want which is slot-pachinko.com and blue hotaru. Slot-pachinko doesn’t ship internationally and there’s no reply yet from blue-hotaru. Any recommendation on websites which I can buy pachinko machines that i`m looking for at reasonable price & ship international? There is a seller on ebay selling star wars machine but his asking price is usd995 + usd340 for shipping charges via fedex economy. I don’t mind the shipping charges as I know the item is quite bulky but I find the unit quite pricey compared to other website. Please advice on this. If any member is willing to let go their machines can contact me too. I rather buy a completed set with cabinets and misc items.

Ok guys I hope I didn’t’ ask too many questions, it’s my first unit so just wanna make sure I get everything right before purchasing. Any useful advice will be great for me. Thanks in advance!!

Best Regards,
    C.K. NG

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Advice needed before i purchase my very first pachinko machine.

I would think buying one from Yahoo japan auctions would be a lot cheaper in shipping fees,

you would have to find an agent to handle the transaction
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

3. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I dont really mind the shipping fee as long as i can get a good working unit. Anyway how to you buy from japan ebay? Is there an agent website where i can discuss my purchase with them in english? I tried checking out the japanese ebay but i can't even search for pachinko coz i cant understand japanese at all.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ckng2000 View Post
    I dont really mind the shipping fee as long as i can get a good working unit. Anyway how to you buy from japan ebay? Is there an agent website where i can discuss my purchase with them in english? I tried checking out the japanese ebay but i can't even search for pachinko coz i cant understand japanese at all.
    www.jauce.com (Japan Auction Centre)

jon
    There is always another machine around the corner...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk.

First off, let me say the three machines you selected, while not the "most modern, high end models", are all excellent choices for a first machine.

To get the newest, bestest, coolest machines, you will need to get them direct from Japan as luckydpg and candyflip suggested.

You will need to get a stepdown tranformer for power.

The machines run on 24 volts, and if you buy from Japan, they do not include transformers.
    My favorite color is Ham

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to BigBearSteve

Sandwich Shooter ironworkerdalton's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the sight.
    One thing you have to get for your pachinkos is Daverob's Card Reader Emulator Dongle.
    On the home page, here at pachitalk is where you can find about them and how you can order them. Look on the right side of the page.

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ironworkerdalton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ironworkerdalton View Post
    Welcome to the sight.
    One thing you have to get for your pachinkos is Daverob's Card Reader Emulator Dongle.
    On the home page, here at pachitalk is where you can find about them and how you can order them. Look on the right side of the page.

Sound like i have to another item to add to this project of mine..haha. I`m perfectionist kind of person so i would want everything to be good. I`m source a few machines so far and most seller willing to include a cabinet plan for me and has ball lifter for sale as well. So that part is not a problem at the moment. Voltage part seems that i only need a step down transformer and that's about it. As for the dongle does it fit any machines i mentioned above?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks to all the gurus here for all the wonderful advice. It really helps and i've fallen in love with this website.

Just a few quick questions:

I've seen people discussion volume control switch on pachinko machine, do i need to get that as well or the machine comes with a volume control module?

And i`m a lazy person and would like to play pachinko without refilling too much and yet i want the ball falling in front to get the kick just like the pachinko parlour in japan. So should i go for Full /Semi Cyclic / Ball lifter? If i get a ball lifter do i need another transformer for it?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to pachitalk. I myself would start with the basics, and just get used to the machine to see if you want to get more involved with them, then go from there . Just an opinion..
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

13. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Blooming phone. Got to retype it all.
    For the best choice of machines, your better off getting from japan.
    I brought a machine last year using Kiai at eyeproducts. Just tell them what you want and how much you want to pay. It was quite easy. Its helpful if you can provide a link to the machine you want.
    Don't forget online translators and wikipedia. That's good for finding the correct kanji for films, anime and other Japanese related themes. Just copy and paste into the pachinko section of YJA.
    This should help to.
    Yahoo!¥ª¡¼¥¯¥·¥ç¥ó

Don't forget the importance of balls. Best to have at least 1000 balls. But to be honest during a long winning streak you will wish you had 10000.
    If you cyclic you will only need a few、but you don't get the pleasure of have 2000 balls come flowing out at you.
    I got a transformer here in the UK. You will need a 240vac to 24vac transformer rated at a minimum 6amp. The one I brought is 12amp. I
    Ian #UKPachinko

15. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam