Thread: E3 error

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default E3 error

Hello, i have a 2005 new pulsar"big chance" by yamasa.. The problem, is when you go to pay out..or win and the credit goes past 50 and it should auto pay out... It just goes to error code 3"emty harper".does not dispense tokens.took apart the hopper, cleaned harper and coin counter sensor. The coin reverse works.. Everything works except for the pay out/ coin return. Yes there is plenty of coins in the harper.. Ser num 808420 anyone ever have this problem..how do i fix it? Thanks respectfully, kirk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: E3 error

Hello and :

Welcome to PachiTalk ! ! !

Can you post a Pic of your Pachi?

I find three Machines made by Yamasa in 2005. None state yours. There was a "New Pulsar V" made in 2007.

These newer Pachislo's do away with the Traditional 30 Pin Stop board and now have a "Parlor" interface Board as pictured below.

LED # 1, (right one in the first Pic and top one in the second Pic) will flash 3 times as you press the Spin Knob. This tells the Parlor that three Tokens were played.

The second LED in line is the "Payout" Led. It will flash the number of Tokens payed out for each win. A replay will flash 3 times on LED # 2.

Keep Maxing out your Credits, (50) leave the door open and play the Pachi. With the Credits Maxed out each time, Play the machine and let me know if the # 2 LED flashes with a win of (15) credits when the Hopper does not pay out.

If this happens then the Mother Board is telling the Hopper to pay out but it is not happening.

Does your Hopper have a cable attached from it to the inner power supply or does it connect to a plug fixed to the back wall when the Hopper is inserted?

A few Pic's of the inside of the Hopper and power supply would be helpful also.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

3. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: E3 error

Your machine is, I believe, The New Big Pulsar. The name is on the belly glass not the top glass. I have one of them.
    you need to do a full reset then while the machine is on look to see if it shows any credits on the credit display that is to the right of the coin drop. If it is lit then press and hold down the Credit button (the one on the far left) for about 5 seconds to shut it off!
    This should dispense any tokens that have been credited and clear up the trouble.
    If this does not fix it I would check to make sure that the hopper is properly seated in the machine and that the tokens are able to come out of it and pass out the front door without any obstruction!
    These are the only things I know that cause the E3 error on your machine other than a parts failure on the motherboard itself (very unlikely but...)

Also I discovered something very odd, puzzling and annoying with this machine.
    You may have noticed that whenever you press one of the stop buttons the machine makes a loud bang sound and may even shake a little!
    If this is happening then look inside and you will see a black box that is located to the right of the reels. There are wires that go to a small plug below it.
    Unplug this box!
    It is a solenoid that is designed to make that bang and vibration.
    When you unplug it you will find that the play is much nicer and that a lot of music that you never heard before occurs! In fact, I think the solenoid cuts of about 70% of the musical themes during play! Don't know why they did this but it is stupid to say the least! The machine became a fun playing machine instead of dull and oddly lacking in musical sounds.
    After a few days I took the solenoid mechanism out of the pachi completely and shelved it somewhere. i would never put it back in!

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to SlotsRfun