Thread: Picked up a new one!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Picked up a new one!

A new find on Craig's List...Weird theme and images, but a great deal with about 500 balls!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to millermaster1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Picked up a new one!

Obake Land! Always a fun machine. Make sure you keep shooting balls during fevers or it will error.

Congrats on your new machine!
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

4. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ikaria View Post
    Obake Land! Always a fun machine. Make sure you keep shooting balls during fevers or it will error.

Congrats on your new machine!
    My wife bought one of these CR Obake Land machines for $50 a few weeks ago at a garage sale with about 500 balls. This is our first and we finally got a fever today when a neighbor's son came over to play. It happened too quickly for me to get my cellphone out and record it I kept waiting for the little tray to open at the bottom of the field and we weren't shooting too many balls. I think it went into the error mode you describe here - I've attached a "screen shot". It just froze on this screen and beeped until I turned it off. Is this the error, or is this something different? Also, is there any way to change the odds on this particular machine to increase the likelihood of hitting a match/fever?

Obake Error.jpg

Thanks!

Scott

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Meeker

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep! That's the one. The only way to "change odds" is to adjust the nails so that the balls fall in the winning pockets easier. You still have to wait for the computer to trigger the fever, but at least you'll get more balls back.
    Last edited by Ikaria; 06-23-2011 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Meeker View Post
    My wife bought one of these CR Obake Land machines for $50 a few weeks ago at a garage sale with about 500 balls. This is our first and we finally got a fever today when a neighbor's son came over to play. It happened too quickly for me to get my cellphone out and record it I kept waiting for the little tray to open at the bottom of the field and we weren't shooting too many balls. I think it went into the error mode you describe here - I've attached a "screen shot". It just froze on this screen and beeped until I turned it off. Is this the error, or is this something different? Also, is there any way to change the odds on this particular machine to increase the likelihood of hitting a match/fever?

Thanks!

Scott
    Another O-bake land

Welcometo Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks all. I'm looking forward to learning more about this machine!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just got the exact same machine! Daughter was cleaning out garage and said it was given to them when their neighbor moved out and it had been pretty much collecting dust ever since. She was gonna give it to goodWill or something. Spent a day cleaning and couldn't figure out why it wouldnt do any thing. Finally gave up after looking at all the electronics and since I didn't want to put any balls in until I was sure it was ok, I went ahead and fill it up and the dang thing started going crazy! Balls were going all over the floor since there was no catch tray in the back HaHa. Question: theirs a small digital display on the front with 2 buttons beside it that seems to be dead, is there something else I haven't figured out yet???

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nope. Those are ball loan buttons for parlour use. To activate them you need a magic daverob dongle.
    Make sure the ball dump is closed Its a simple error. And most of us have done it. Will you keep the machine?

Welcome Aboard

Last edited by Drunkenclam; 10-17-2011 at 02:51 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk and congrats on your machine!!

I suspect that you are referring to the Pachinko Parlor credit system readout and buttons. There is a card reader dongle that you can purchase from one of our members that will emulate the parlor credit system. That way when you run out of balls in the front tray, you can press the button and the "parlor" will front you some balls (via the machine) to play with. Check out the right side of the PachiTalk home page for a video and links.

Again, welcome to the forum! Please visit us daily and post often.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

18. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Nope. Those are ball loan buttons for parlour use. To activate them you need a magic daverob dongle.
    Make sure the ball dump is closed Its a simple error. And most of us have done it. Will you keep the machine?

Welcome Aboard

Thanks for your help, one and all. I'm still playing with it (kinda like a new toy). Had planned to sell it (actually told my daughter I'd split whatever I get with her) but I'm a retired electronics techy so still having fun with it - long story short yes, I will probably sell it when (and if) the interest wains.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Congrats and welcome to pachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    I just got the exact same machine! Daughter was cleaning out garage and said it was given to them when their neighbor moved out and it had been pretty much collecting dust ever since. She was gonna give it to goodWill or something. Spent a day cleaning and couldn't figure out why it wouldnt do any thing. Finally gave up after looking at all the electronics and since I didn't want to put any balls in until I was sure it was ok, I went ahead and fill it up and the dang thing started going crazy! Balls were going all over the floor since there was no catch tray in the back HaHa. Question: theirs a small digital display on the front with 2 buttons beside it that seems to be dead, is there something else I haven't figured out yet???
    Welcome to Pachitalk

and welcome to the "o-bake land" family