Thread: Hanabi Reel Issues

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Hanabi Reel Issues

So, after tooling around here on some other threads and talking to many different people I have deciphered that the stepper-motor on my Hanabi pachislo machine is shot - the sensor within has gone bad and the reel can no longer locate its position thus destroying all gameplay. I contacted Gaku at gaktrading and John at Stealth - both reporting they do not have a spare for me. So now my only hope is a fellow pachislo owner with some spar parts or a broken machine. I am will to pay any reasonable price for the assembly or the motor - I just hope someone out there has one. I will attach a picture of my broken motor and the link to the machine information. Any and all help is appreciated - and Thank You in advance.

Link to machine
    PachiTalk Research Center - Aruze / Eleco / Macy / Mizuho - Hanabi - PachiTalk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hanabi; 01-04-2011 at 03:59 AM. Reason: repaired link by using one from our Research Centre

2. The following user says "Thanks" to MaliciousMelhorn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hanabi Reel Issues

Your machine is a 1998 model Aruze. You might be able to substitute a motor from a large number of machines so long as they are Aruze, Macy, eleco or Mizuho. They were pretty much identical from the 90's on.
    Good luck!

4. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to SlotsRfun

Thanks
    Thanks Received

anyone know where i can buy plastic belly glass.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you SlotsRFun for the info.

I am still looking for this stepper, and, just so its clear, I am willing to pay any reasonable price if someone has one they would be willing to get rid of, I would just love to be able to play this machine! Thank you in advance for your help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

S5004624.jpgS5004628.JPGI have an extra Aruze reel assembly from a Beast Sapp. If you can use it I can let it go for Lets say $20.00. I'm figuring about $8-$10 to ship so $30 all together if you can use it. see pictures and let me know. Thanks
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

8. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Chris Dice,

I am highly interested - my only observation from the pictures is that the Aruze Motor does not have the indicator LED that the universal motor has above the identification sticker, in addition to a different connection (mine has a square 12-pin connector). Does anyone on here know if I splice the motor wires to my connector if that motor will most-likely work or not on my machine? The motor I am replacing is the one pictured, and I assume the wire color-coding is synonymous, but is it worth a shot? I am willing to give it a try but I don't know enough about all the different parts and their compatability enough to make a call. If anyone knows any more please let me know - and Chris, if it is worth it, I would be in it for that price.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I found another one that might be a better match. This one is from an Eleco Outlaw. Its marked Aruze KHP12M12G 3129. See picturesS5004637.jpgS5004629.jpg
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I found another one that might be a better match. This one is from an Eleco Outlaw. Its marked Aruze KHP12M12G 3129. See picturesS5004637.jpgS5004629.jpg

Also the first one I posted,the one from the Beast Sapp does have an led indicator. Its located on the other side of the wires.S5004653.jpg
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It looks from the machine info the Eleco Outlaw motor would probably have the best shot at working, and it looks relatively similar. If it has an indicator LED (I can't tell from the two pics), shoot me a PM on how you want paid and such, I'll give you my address, and we can go from there.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Only the Beast Sapp stepper has a led. I didn't see one on the Outlaw.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Chris,

Well then I'll take a gamble on the Aruze stepper with the led - fire me an e-mail and we'll go from there. I thank you for your help, and I really hope that motor works. If anyone has any info to add before I get it and find that it is or is not compatible, feel free to add...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Chris,

I am speechless! I got your stepper motor's today and while neither were a perfect match to the old stepper, the Aruze with the LED fit like a glove. After about 30 minutes of splicing and meticulously soldering one lead to another and heat-shrink wrapping the wires I hooked everything up and it worked like never before! I can't thank you enough Chris for breathing life into my machine - I will be sure to pass the helpfulness along down the line.

Now that I am done praising Chris, I just have one more question for anyone knowledgeable about it - will the replacement of this motor change the way the machine detects what is an dis not a 'hit'. In other words, I am trying to figure out how the machine would know this new (non-factory) motor is showing what symbol at what rotation degree, thus allowing it to decide payout and win. Unless all the similar Pachislo's have the same type of combinations logic would lead be to believe it wouldn't know. I've played it quite a bit today, but I'm not sure I have the winning combo's figured out enough to even tell if its working correctly.

One last thing - Thank You Again ChrisDice

19. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to MaliciousMelhorn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think (don't hold me to this as I have never owned a pachislo) that as long as it indexes the reel at startup that it should be fine as the reel and the programing go together and the motor just dose what it is told.

Yes, Chris is a very cool dude
    the

LLTR

21. The following user says "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Owen is pretty much correct .a stepper motor is as its name implies an electric motor that steps through a rotation (only so many steps to one rotation ) there is usually a index point on the stepper assembly that tells the machine where position 1 is then the machine can easily rotate or spin the reel and stop it at the correct position to show the exact symbol it requires .if the machine cant index then the machine wont arm the stop buttons and you cant play the game .payout problems are most commonly due to the person repairing the machine forgetting which reel goes in which position .the machine only knows reel 1,2,3 and what position ,It doesn't know fruit or symbols and reel 1 doesn't have the same sequence of symbols as reel 2 or 3 . Spoiler Alert !!! your reels are not the deciding factor in your pay out ...the machine knows from the time you press the first button to spin what the reel position and payout will be and the machine will show that to you when you hit the stop buttons same as a computer monitor shows you this message. If you want a machine that pays out based on the reel out come you need to buy an old jenings or electro mechanical machine like the bally 831 .
    Jeff