Thread: Question about wear pattern on rod below shooting lever

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Question about wear pattern on rod below shooting lever

Wondering why there would be wear in the "rod" that sticks out, sort of the stop for the shooting lever. The lever does not touch the metal rod, at least not now, although I haven't tried forcing the lever down that far (it might if you really yank down on the lever). Maybe the cushions behind the play field at one time were gone or totaly worn out? Or players back in the day would really want to shoot the ball that hard? My A is the old type where originally the balls would continue around the track, no bumper to stop the ball and bounce it back into the field, so the player were trying to see how many times the ball would go around the track before falling into the field or back to the shooting lane?
    There is some serious wear to that rod which seems to match where the lever would contact it. (this is a single ball "A". What I am talking about "looks" like a stop bar from in front of the machine, the real stops are in back of course)
    Gilly

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Question about wear pattern on rod below shooting lever

one explanation might be how the player used the rest to shoot..

when my kids play they are slapper's they have no clue how to shoot for accuracy..

when i shoot i put my fingers below and above the rest to control how far i pull the shooter down for each shot..

machine with stiff shooters get 3 finger above the rest and soft shooter get one above...

the wear could be from human hands???

just my thought
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The rod is not a shooter stop though it may also function as that. Although i don't think any of the levers on my machines wll go down that far. Its designed to be a finger/hand rest. The real shooter stop is in the rear of the machine and has a bumper on it.

7. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

You put the rod between your middle and ring finger. When you pull down the shooter lever, it will rest on the side of your pointer finger. Rotating your hand counter-clockwise around the rod will make the shooting lever not go down so far, making the ball shoot to the left of the playfield, rotating it clockwise shoots to the right. It allows for more precise control of the shot.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

9. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    You put the rod between your middle and ring finger. When you pull down the shooter lever, it will rest on the side of your pointer finger. Rotating your hand counter-clockwise around the rod will make the shooting lever not go down so far, making the ball shoot to the left of the playfield, rotating it clockwise shoots to the right. It allows for more precise control of the shot.
    I have a friend who refuses to accept this basic concept.

He's convinced that it's "all luck".

Yet, he can consistently play for 10 minutes and not get a jackpot...and I can consistently play for 5 minutes and get 3-4 jackpots.

Yup...all luck.

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Habious

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    I have a friend who refuses to accept this basic concept.

He's convinced that it's "all luck".

Yet, he can consistently play for 10 minutes and not get a jackpot...and I can consistently play for 5 minutes and get 3-4 jackpots.

Yup...all luck.
    people like that dont get Pachinko
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think one reason I didn't really understand what it was for is because I had what I think was a ball point pen spring on the end of the shooter, not the correct spring, so it was really hard to launch the ball in to the play field without really "punching" the lever. As it is right now, yeah I can probably do some fine adjustments.

I haven't done too much with it lately, I have to restore the door yet and some cell cleaning remains to be done. After the holidays I'll have to start bugging my brother about making a wall frame for it.

Gilly

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Gilly

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't know if you have tried this, but if the spring appears to be weak then you might want to try adjusting the tension on the spring for the lever. In the picture below, I circled the tension adjuster on my machine. I had to pull it over one click to give my balls a little more power and to help my shots be more adjustable when fireing.

If you adjust it to the tightest setting (the leftmost hole), and still see too little power, you might want to replace the nail about 1/2" to the right and then reset your lever spring from there. This should give you plenty of power to make it onto the playfield without coming all the way down to the finger rest.

Hope this helps!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

18. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to OneBigTuna

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I cleaned off as much of the corrosion as possible on mine, and the rod was one of the most worn parts. I think it's as much because of the metal used as anything else. It'll be one of the few parts that is totally at the mercy of the player.

As others have said, I also use it as a finger rest, hooking a few to it to help me dictate how hard I flick the lever. I don't really get sweaty palms or fingers, but I bet in a Parlour with smoke and loads of people these things get a lot of moisture on the rod.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, yeah the power seems to be there now. I had that all apart and I put the adjusting tab back where the factory had it marked with a hash mark, same hole, and it's fine. The part (spring)that actually hits the pachinko ball was missing and someone subbed a tiny little spring, like I say I think it was from the inside of a retractable pen, not much of a spring, but they made it fit on to the pointed part of the lever. I got a used one that actually is for a pachinko machine, the spring is much much stiffer than what I had on there, and it makes a world of difference.
    Gilly

21. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Gilly