Thread: Sea Story Questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sea Story Questions

I just picked up a Yamasa Sea Story machine this afternoon. It is a real nice machine so far. It has backlit reels and plenty of music and strobe lites in the reels also. It also has a LCD window on the right side with all sorts of sea creatures swimmimg around. I do have a few questions for someone who has this machine.
    1. I have to cut down the volume. The volume on the machine is way to loud even on low. It has three speakers two at the top and one on the bottom. I can't see the speakers from the inside of the door at the top. How or where are the speaker wires?
    2. I have put approx 500 tokens thru the machine already and still have not been able to hit a RB or BB. I have it set on 6 but I am now thinking that maybe this machine is backwards and setting 1 might be the easiest. Any thoughts on this?
    3. Can anyone explain how the LCD screen relates to the RB or BB rounds? Is there anything special I should be looking for?
    Any other information on this machine would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

do you have a pic of this machine, it can take more than 500 tokens even on 6 to hit a bonus so keep tryin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

odds are with 10,000 tokens played

it all averages out in the long run
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi. I dont have this particular machine but i do know some general facts for lcd style machines... Typically, before you hit a bonus you may see some action on the lcd and during the round you will definatly see some movie or game or w/e. Also, since the machine odds are based on a random number generator, the machine has no way of knowing how many tokens you have put into it. You may have to go through a thousand or two tokens to get a jackpot (sometimes). i myself have gone through thousands of tokens without hitting a bonus. As for the speakers, I dont know exactly where they would be but if you can get a general area of where they are from looking at the front or listening to see whre it comes from you should be able to find a plate in the back covering it(them).
    **Oh Hanabi**
    **Sakura Fubuki**
    **Babel**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its a lot like the Crazy Shaman , Check the link for that one , the top speakers are down firing there are great photos on the Shaman thred look under Model Talk , Crazy Shjaman
    These are my opinions and no body elses and you can't have them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, I didn't think I would have to run so many tokens thru this machine just to see the RB or BB. I guess that's the fun of it.

Thanks for the info on the down firing speakers. I wish someone would have taken pics of how they got to them. Do you have to take apart the inside top of the door to get at them? Too bad you can't find the wires somewhere out in the open.

Anyway I thought of one more question. There is a single play token button on this machine. It will use just one credit, but you can't play just one credit. You have to hit it 3 times or hit the max bet button before you can spin the reels. My Kung Fu Lady allows you to play just one. I wonder if there is a problem or that's how this particular machine is?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i found the amp on my machine and then looked for the speaker wires,

i put my l=pads right next to the amp instead of the speakers

Utopia1dc

It's a max bet machine...you have to play 3 tokens...The 1,2,3 token machines are harder to come by in the newer models.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Luckydog
    Was the amp near the volume switch? If I knew which wires I needed I'd go ahead and do the volume mod. Wow...this bugger is loud!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the volume switch is on the amp,

look for a connecter with just a few wires, mine were red and white wires!! unplug it and drop a token in, if you don't hear sound thats it.

i just cut the wire a few inches from amp and installed l-pad.

it's a lot easier and neater than messing with top speakers. :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The upper speaker wires are on the upper left and right corners of the door On mine, they are blue and green pairs, the hinge side is behind a ribbon, but the latch side is right out in the open. They come off the board and go right forward to the speakers. The blue and orange wires run down the hinge side to the bottom speaker.

To get to the speakers, you need to disconnect the wires from the board the speaker wires come out of, and take out the 3 screws that hold the upper front panel in. Once you get the panel loose, there are 4 screws that hold the speaker grills in place from the back. Once the speaker grills are off, you can get the speakers out easily.

You should be able to do the little syscom pots without opening up the front panel.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks everyone for all the help. I will try the volume mod later this evening and keep on plugging tokens until I hit the big one!!!