Thread: I just got my first Pachinko game!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default I just got my first Pachinko game!

Well here is my first official post other than in the welcome section.

I just received my first Pachinko machine from Imatrix/AC Warehouse/Monkey something or other. I looked at the box and my heart skipped a beat as it was mislabeled Hyper Passion. When I opened the big box up, it turned out to be the right machine…Super Stadium.

Man oh man is this machine big. I thought it would be smaller, and lighter. After doing some reading on this forum, I knew that I needed to fill up the top. Then I placed some in the play area, and plugged the machine on. I was disappointed in the lack of a light show, as only the reels and a few items lit up. The volume was barely audible, but I did pay special attention to the reels and no misalignment there. I played a few balls and found out that I needed a container in the back to catch the balls. Imatrix saw fit to ship both 500 packed balls in a cardboard container. I quickly discarded it for a margarine container. Wow, I am now playing my first game, and run balls through the machine for around 20 minutes when I notice no payouts. Not to mention the volume was anemic and no lights.

I remembered reading in here something about having to prep the ball chutes. I also noticed an error code 7. I also noted a metal gate. I opened that up and heard a lot of balls rolling to somewhere from the top hopper. I quickly looked around the front to see if I would see ball bearings all over the place. I also saw a circular control. I quickly found out that dumps the balls into the back hopper…of course, I didn’t have a container to catch them. Doh!

Eventually, the balls ceased rolling downwards, and my error code 7 turned into --. At about this time I noticed the volume switch. Great! They give you 3 settings. I played around with that for a little and noted not much of a change in the volume. Then I noticed a cable loose during shipment. I plug that in, and holy mother of @#$$@! My ears are bleeding. I quickly note that the volume settings don’t seem to make much of a difference. Also, all of the lights kick on. And I am not only assaulted by sound, but am blinded by a light display.

I did manage to get the machine into fever mode, and it woke the neighbours with a nice English song. I was surprised that it was in English. Nice song also…something about going somewhere.
    Anyways, I am quite proud in figuring most of this out on myself with some knowledge gleamed from this forum. I can see how these machines can be addicting. I am also very glad that I got 1000 balls. The machine shipped with only 500, and I bought another 500. The machine is a little dusty, and will need cleaning, but not today.

2. The following 17 users say "Thanks" to Chako

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: I just got my first Pachinko game!

Congrats on getting your first machine... in pretty decent shape. Even more congrats your way for reading up on things and figuring out what your problems were and how to fix them.

I have to admit that when I read your machine had very little going on in the way of sounds and lights, I thought... what the heck??? as that would be the opposite of everything I know about these machines.
    Dawn

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, I took a short video when it decided to sing and flash at me. Yes, that is at its lowest volume setting.

YouTube - Super Stadium Fever Mode

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Chako

Thanks
    Thanks Received

great story

your 12 step plan has started
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

glad you got it safe and happy you did not have any issues with the reels. It is a good idea to check the cables first as almost every time I have had one or two pulled lose during shipment with games in that frame.
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Being new to pachinko's can be very intimidating. Your story is very amusing,and you seem to keep your wits about you,and your problem solving, bravo..I hope you enjoy your new addiction.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Glad it arrived sort of safe, well a quick fix anyway.
    Newbie mistakes are great and very amusing...because we have all done the same
    The next one is where you drop 1000 balls over the floor. But you don't have to tell us that one. It normally comes when opening you custom cabinet and forget to block the hopper in the cabinet.
    Ian #UKPachinko

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for sharing your story, it's great to discover for the first time all the fun things about pachinko

from the mischievous balls that seem to be always planning an escape, to the 3 position volume that seems to serve no logical purpose

But it always makes you want to come back for more

and more

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

dumping balls for the first time is always a great memory

as for the ear bleeding it will pass with time... but to aid in your healing these things are the greatest.. easy to instal.. (if ya can solder) and supper small... smaller then a dime...

6 Volume Controls for Pachislo Slot Machine & Pachinko - eBay (item 130339340473 end time Dec-16-10 21:46:09 PST)

or better yet... a portion of your sale helps pachitalk

6 pack of volume controls for $12 (Auction ID: 2883, End Time : Dec. 19, 2010 06:56:15) - PachiTalk.com
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

15. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Glad to know you received your machine finally. I think the hyperpassion box was meant to be mine until I did the direct pick up. I'm going to go and check all the wires of my machine just in case I'm missing something. I wish i-matrix offered more machines, I'm already thinking of getting a second.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Same here, however, he hasn't responded to my email posted a while back after just receiving the machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Incidentally, he also removed all the other auctions that he had on ebay, I don't know why.

I don't think he's ending his business, he gave me his card and said he'd be getting other machines in, so maybe he's just preoccupied or something.

On another note, why do you suppose there aren't any Pachi parlours in the GTA? surely you could make a significant business from it? Is there a legal issue?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No clue. I live in Northern Ontario. I am sure the gambling industry is highly regulated and not just anyone could open one up.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Stranger still, the machines from AC Warehouse are back up again. He has other machines, but never seems to auction them.

Also, the song your machine plays is "Go West" by the Petshop Boys. Why the manufacturer chose that song for a sports-themed pachi is a complete mystery.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have one of the Super Stadium machines too. I love the slot reel action!!! This machine has got to be one of my favorites because of the multiple levels of reels. Hope you enjoy your new machine and keep exploring with more machines in the future!!
    Always ask yourself "WhYbEnOrMaL?"