Thread: Jackpot "lever" gets stuck

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Jackpot "lever" gets stuck

I have a vintage Sanyo machine and the jackpot "lever" gets stuck. A video is worth 1000 words so please check out this video as it describes the problem better than I can with words:

YouTube - Stuck jackpot

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Robb

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to rmelancon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Jackpot "lever" gets stuck

Have you checked behind the mechanism to see if there is any gunk buildup that may be causing the lag. Have you taken that piece off at all?

It was nice that you made a video that shows the problem clearly. I hope the members here will be able to assist you.
    Dawn

4. The following user says "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

what machine is that?

the sankyo's did the exact thing, with the pivot point of the upper right arm there not allowing a reset. it should be balanced such that when the jackpot balls have passed, the lever goes back to almost horizontal.

here's a link to the sankyo discussion. my first fix was to add fishing weights. the right way was to open up the back and clean the pivot point well. I used a small jeweler's file to clean the plastic pivot point.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...p-see-saw.html
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

have your tryed removing the jackpot seesaw its self and cleaning the pivot point there as well??

the balance ponts of Pachinko are pretty tight.. there is a little room for dirt but not much... keep in mind these machines were intended for use of 2 or 3 years... not 30 years of grime and oxidation..

once removed try cleaning with simple cleaners.. or 00 or better yet 000 steel whool... dont get to caired away with a grinder or fileing things cause then its going to be sloppy and cause other problems...

good luck to ya and keep us posted
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk and the Pachinko addiction!! We are thrilled to have you as a member on our forum!

I agree with the suggestion of cleaning. It always does wonders!!

Also, I noticed in your video that after the jackpot was paid out, the white plastic lever inside the machine (that connects to the jackpot payout seesaw) does not return to the upright position that it starts in. This is a must if you want the next payout to occur without human intervention . You mention that there is a little bit of friction with that arm - perhaps this is the centerpoint of your issue.

As recommended here, your best bet is to disassemble those areas and clean the pivot points well. Keep in mind that there should be thin washers at the base of the pivot points before you reinstall the hardware - this helps the levers to move freely. When you reassemble, make sure that there isn't any friction to restrict movement of those pieces. The white arm inside the machine should be balanced so that it returns to the upright position on its own. When it returns to the proper starting position it should reset the jackpot payout seesaw using the copper wire that is vertically connected between it and the right side of the payout seesaw. Once the levers are working correctly, you may need to adjust the length of that copper wire to get the seesaw to reset correctly.

Excellent video! Hope these suggestions help!

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow a new aide in diagnostics would be great if everyone was able to send video of their machine problems makes it 10 times easier to do when you can see the actual machine instead of working blind ...Nice Job !!!
    Jeff

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the welcomes and especially for all the suggestions. I had taken and cleaned with steel wool all the pivot points but was still not activating most of the time so I took the suggestion of adding weights to the lever and that did the trick. It's not pretty but it does the job. I'll probably take all the metal parts out again and put them in a vibrating tumbler and see if I can't get it to work without the weights. Thanks again for the suggestions.

14. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to rmelancon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

im not a big fan of using weight but i have been there and done that myself... sometimes thats what it takes..

glad you got it sorted out
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I read in the description of this forum category that the creator of the thread should close the "support ticket" out when resolved, but I don't see where to do this...