Thread: New Single Shot Project

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Single Shot Project

I recently picked up 5 vintage machines. These are actually my first. 1 is a single shot. It seems to be mostly in tack and seems to function properly most of the time but the operation is inconsistent. I think all it needs is a good cleaning and a little tune up. I have posted pictures of it. As soon as I get it operating properly I will proceed with a restoration.I hope that some of you who have experience and knowledge of these vintage machines will be able to give me some advice and guidance. I will be posting updates on my progress. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Bat

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Single Shot Project

First off can anyone tell me what I have? The name says Kyoraku Sangyo. I have attached a photo. In the center There is a red piece. You can see through some slots in the front that balls going around that piece in the back. What is the purpose and function of that?

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Bat

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Balls that you see behind the centerpiece are part of the jackpot payout mechanism. If you study what happens when you hit a win pocket, you will see that those are the balls "staged" for payout. When its hit, the balls are portioned out to come back for you to re-introduce into game play.

It's really cool just watching it and learning how it pays out!

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to OneBigTuna

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks.
    I noticed the balls moving during a payout but I was not sure if there might be something else going on. It really is cool watching on the mechanical operation on the back of the machine.
    I am also wondering exactly what the red button on the lower right of the machine is for. I see that there is a little window on the front and it looks like about 4 balls are inside. When the button is pressed the balls seem to rotate around inside that window. I have attached a photo of thw window.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Bat

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On my single, I have a similar button. This is a "holding cell" if you will, of balls that enter a win pocket and no jackpot is paid out. The button releases the stored balls one at a time to give you your payout once the jackpot hopper is full. You can test and make sure it works by filling your ball tray in the back full enough to trigger the empty ball hopper lever. After you have it filled push the button and see what happens.

If the jackpot is not paid out, you may need to start switching a few levers and pulling a pins to unlock the mechanism. You should be able to trigger it in a short time. The whole purpose of the window is to keep the balls stored so if you hit a win pocket and the balls are empty in the back, you don't loose the jackpots you have earned through gameplay.

Hope this helps, and anyone feel free to correct me if I have mis spoken or gotten something wrong.

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to OneBigTuna

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by OneBigTuna View Post
    On my single, I have a similar button. This is a "holding cell" if you will, of balls that enter a win pocket and no jackpot is paid out. The button releases the stored balls one at a time to give you your payout once the jackpot hopper is full. You can test and make sure it works by filling your ball tray in the back full enough to trigger the empty ball hopper lever. After you have it filled push the button and see what happens.

If the jackpot is not paid out, you may need to start switching a few levers and pulling a pins to unlock the mechanism. You should be able to trigger it in a short time. The whole purpose of the window is to keep the balls stored so if you hit a win pocket and the balls are empty in the back, you don't loose the jackpots you have earned through gameplay.

Hope this helps, and anyone feel free to correct me if I have mis spoken or gotten something wrong.

sounds about right to me

this advice applys to all Pachinko.. but when your trouble shooting problems having that hopper empty will cause you serious headaches
    Last edited by Moparformances; 11-23-2010 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Bat

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post

sounds about right to me

this advice applys to all Pachinko.. but when your trouble shooting problems having that hopper empty will cause you serious headaches

I could not agree more. It seems that so many problems are caused just by having the rear ball hopper empty. When looking at buying a machine and the guy has only like 10 or less balls, you spend forever seeing if it will payout correctly because you have to manually portion the balls as if there were 500+ in the hopper.

Step 1: Fill back of machine full!
    Step 2: Begin problem diagnosis.

Good luck in getting this thing running in tip-top shape, we can't wait to see her up and running
    Here is the link to my album with pics of my single shot! I rescued her from a craigslister in Raleigh a couple weeks ago. I have done nothing except shoot about 100 balls through and am now waiting to begin fixing it up.

Mystery Singe Shot

I currently have this one scheduled to begin about DEC 15th, and hope to be done in about 2-3 weeks. Good luck!
    Last edited by OneBigTuna; 11-23-2010 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost/ Spelling Errors

14. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to OneBigTuna

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am going to fill the hopper full and play around with it. The mechanics of the vintage machines don't seem all that complicated. It seems to be mostly a matter of having everthing in order and operating in the proper sequence. Once one part of the mechanism is out of place everthing seems to lock up.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I am going to fill the hopper full and play around with it. The mechanics of the vintage machines don't seem all that complicated. It seems to be mostly a matter of having everthing in order and operating in the proper sequence. Once one part of the mechanism is out of place everthing seems to lock up.
    keep in mind every thing has to do with weight and gravity...

and if you have to force something its wrong... if you force it it will break...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK. It think I have about got most of this figured out. Everything works except the little see saw mechanism does not always return fully. I have read about that device but I can't remember what it was called. Also there is a ball getting stuck at the bottom. I have attached a photo. It looks like the little peice that allows the ball to exit is sticking. This peice is connected to the see saw so I guess the problems have a common cause. Maybe it all needs a good cleaning to be sure everything can move freely. I guess that's where I will start. Other than that everything seems to work.

19. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Bat