Thread: Pachinko on American Pickers

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachinko on American Pickers

I saw a Pachinko on American Pickers last night. A Single shot in cabinet on the school bus next to the tires about 9:42 in to the show.

American Pickers: Pint Sized Picker — History.com Video

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to cardwwi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko on American Pickers

Awesome, I wondered if anyone else saw it. The whole time they didn't say anything about it, but were too concerned with those cigarette machines. Which were cool too

That show is nothing but hope for treasures that would be typically forgotten. Wonder if that guy has any more? Maybe he just has them in another building???Road Trip
    Last edited by OneBigTuna; 11-09-2010 at 09:14 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

saw that when it originally aired but missed the Pachinko machine... good eye.

I'd have taken him up on his offer of just taking the whole bus load, and the bus and just driving away...he'd a sold it for 5 grand... no telling what was in there.
    Keyboard Error or no Keyboard Present, Think F1 to Continue.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

they did good on that pick,but i would have picked up the pachinko,i would have tried harder to get that cig machine out of the bus,i would have also picked up the wizard pin,and the beer neons.i have seen kiss pins sell on ebay for far more than what they think it's worth.i would have left there with a full van load.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

no doubt they did good. Yeah, the whole "well we'd have to move this band saw and it's 300 pounds..." Ok fair enough but a. someone moved it into there, and b. there were 3 grown men (nevermind the camera crew). and c. for a buck 25, put some effort into it. That cig machine from what I saw was an easy $600.

The wizard pin was a definate buy. They muck through horrible picks with unreasonable prices and speed through quality ones...bah..television

My biggest (and really only) gripe with 'American Pickers' and 'Pawn Stars' is the "Well I gotta make money on it" excuse (Pawn Stars more so). Cool dude...last I checked, YOU ARE ON TELEVISION, PICKING/PAWNING IS NO LONGER YOUR ONLY SOURCE OF INCOME. STOP PRETENDING YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON THIS. Nevermind the exponential growth to your business that the 'fame' has caused (vegas tour busses now stop at Gold/Silver Pawn), but the network is paying your business as well for the venue, AND you get paid for appearing.
    Buck up, pay the old man for the bus et. al., tow it away, get one of the camera men to help and yank that cig machine out and properly go through that mess. THEN redistribute it (for profit) to people who have better things to do than make a dime on other people's junk.

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Discovery , History , and TLC channels SUCK big time American chopper used to be good with the father /son dynamic but now it just is Unwatchable as the Big ,Stupid Father with his SUCK UP Employees .Will Someone Kill the Computer Kid Please
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As far as some shows go, they do suck now. The way I look at pickers, and pawn stars is not to watch the show like the networks want. What they want to do is make TV for the masses and get those ratings, and in turn get more money.

What I get from the shows, is that in one hour I can visit multiple states and see some interesting people and the things they collect. Tell me you can get some cool encounters with a chair collector every day. I think its great that they are getting some exposure to the collectors out there and let us all know we are not alone.

That is just my take, I could care less about the dynamic between the actors on the show, I just like seeing all the cool stuff.

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to OneBigTuna

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by OneBigTuna View Post
    As far as some shows go, they do suck now. The way I look at pickers, and pawn stars is not to watch the show like the networks want...
    Agreed.

What I get from the shows, is that in one hour I can visit multiple states and see some interesting people and the things they collect...
    AGREED.

That is just my take, I could care less about the dynamic between the actors on the show, I just like seeing all the cool stuff....
    AGREED.

From Antique Roadshow to Pickers..That's all I care about. I wanna see kick-ass Americana. OR Japanicana, or ANYcana. It's just the tactics used on Pawn Stars are not cool, and the Pickers should really kick it up a notch. I don't care about their family/friend dynamic at all. That's all tat. Shame we have to see it.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to junkbox

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That was the second pachinko I have spotted...and both this season. There was one in the office where the man all of those warehouses full of stuff! They don't even look the pachi's way either time. OK with me...we don't need millions more people looking for these things and ridiculously driving up the prices
    Brent G.- Roswell, NM 5 Vintages, 6 Moderns
    Need an Arepachi, and a Power Flush (Got It!) Sinbad pinball (Got It!)!!!

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to who922