Thread: Reels not spinning freely

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Reels not spinning freely

Two of three reels do not spin freely. They spin and stop at a point and then continue to spin and stop etc. This also does not allow the stop button lights from coming on. Is there a way to adjust the reels or reseat them. When I push down slightly on the reel enclosure they will spin freely but return to their stop and go if I let go. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Reels not spinning freely

Hi! and welcome to PachiTalk.

I cannot help with your issue, but I'm sure someone will come along soon that can help. In the meantime, I searched some old threads and found this one that may have some useful information. You may want to give it a look.

Good luck!

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...-spinning.html

Usually, the first bit of advice is to reseat all the connections. Is this a new issue, has the machine worked properly before?
    Last edited by dattia; 10-30-2010 at 01:32 PM.
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi and to PachiTalk ! ! !

There were 3 Rocky's made. Two by Abilt in 2000 (Rocky and Rocky 3), and Rocky Balboa in 2006 by Daido (now Sankyo). Which one do you own? Since you can Tweek the cage freme I would say one of the 2000 machines and that the cage frame that holds the reels is out of square.. Back then the frames were made of metal. The newer ones are all plastic.

I had this problem with two machines shipped to me. If you can post Pic's of the Reels / cage assembly we can point you in the direction on how to remove the Bits and get that cage back in shape.

72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have owned this machine for over 5 years but have not used it in awhile. It is definitely one of the earlier models but the frame appears to be plastic. It worked fine when I originally bought it. I will upload some pics for all to see. I appreciate all of you for your help.

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to COMMANDERUSPS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by new in town View Post
    Hi and to PachiTalk ! ! !

There were 3 Rocky's made. Two by Abilt in 2000 (Rocky and Rocky 3), and Rocky Balboa in 2006 by Daido (now Sankyo). Which one do you own? Since you can Tweek the cage freme I would say one of the 2000 machines and that the cage frame that holds the reels is out of square.. Back then the frames were made of metal. The newer ones are all plastic.

I had this problem with two machines shipped to me. If you can post Pic's of the Reels / cage assembly we can point you in the direction on how to remove the Bits and get that cage back in shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by COMMANDERUSPS View Post
    I have owned this machine for over 5 years but have not used it in awhile. It is definitely one of the earlier models but the frame appears to be plastic. It worked fine when I originally bought it. I will upload some pics for all to see. I appreciate all of you for your help.
    Here are the pics. I hope they help. Thanks again
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The following user says "Thanks" to COMMANDERUSPS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There are two screws on the back wall top corners of the reel cage. I blew up the picture and it looked like there were notches in the metal tabs the screws are holding. If so try loosening those screws and adjusting the metal tabs tight and left to align the reel cage and straighten it out.

Can't see the bottom mount points from the Pic's. If the bottom is set up the same way loosen all 4 (about 2 turns) and see if the reels free up with the 4 screws loose. If not, tighten the bottom two back up, tweak the two top tabs with the top screws loose till the reels spin freely. Holding the tabs in that spot, tighten the top screws back down.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On my Fuji Thunderbirds machine, the reels will spin looking for the optical device (opto-coupler) to sense the location of the reel before allowing you to press the stop button. The machine needs to know what symbol will be showing so it does this calibration while spinning.

Your machine might be trying to do this calibration and never sees a change in the sensor. There's a plastic device that typically has an IR LED (infrared, invisible light) on one side and a phototransistor, or other receiving device, on the other. When the reel spins, a plastic tab will interrupt the light, indicating to the computer where the physical reel is located.

Things to check:
    -Is the LED lighting up? You might need to disassemble the reel a bit, but use a video camera or cell phone to look at the LED to make sure it lights up. Try it out on the LED on the reel that works or even practice on a TV remote to see that it lights up. Video cameras are sensitive to IR light.

-Usually there's a separate cable going to the sensor for each reel. Make sure each one is going to the matching reel, and that they are not swapped with each other.

-Blow out any dust, or use a moistened cotton swab to clean anything that can block the sensors.

-Try swapping out a good and bad sensor to see if the problem moves. If it does, then it's the sensor.

Good Luck