Thread: Machine wont recognize tokens

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Machine wont recognize tokens

OK, I just received my bag O' Tokens in the mail today and rushed in to my new machines to fill them up only to find Thunder will not recognize the new tokens (Funy Santa will so I dont think it's the tokens) I checked the led's on the board as I drop the tokens and three light in rapid fasion. I took the coin mech out and cleaned all the 'gunk' out of it and still no luck (btw when the coin mech was out, I turned it on and got the cj error) Anyways, its all back together and still no luck. I'm so new to this, its not funny. What am I missing? Is there another reset on this machine? Oh and another thing, the hopper has a toggle switch on the bottom right that if I turn it "on" it spits out all the tokens, if I turn it "off" the machine looks like its ready to play but wont recognise the tokens. Do I just not have the machine's settings in proper combination? Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post Re: Machine wont recognize tokens

if you bought these tokens they are attracted to the magnet in the token acceptor.

I got stuck with a thousand and they only work in my Rodeo machines
    Attached Images Attached Images
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

3. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

ebb

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Machine wont recognize tokens

No, they dont look like that. They are supposed Bellagio tokens with a brass center. They don't seem to have any magnetic attraction at all when I try to pick them up with different magnets.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A friend of mine bought a large quantity of those Bellagios from Ebay a while ago and I commandeered a handful of them for "testing" purposes
    They worked fine in my Thunder as well as every other machine I have.
    I suspect you simply need to adjust the coin mech to accept the new tokens. Probably just have to back the slug magnet away from the coin track. also give a look to see if the sensor is dirty, give it a cleaning anyway on general principle!
    Those Bellagios are perfectly good tokens.

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to SlotsRfun

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I also just got a bunch of the Bellagio tokens, and they work perfectly fine in my older Trip Devil, as well as my Looney Tunes machine.

Bill

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post a picture of the coin mech' metal ramp. It may need to be dropped down all the way to accept tokens.
    DON'T FEED THE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exclamation Re: Machine wont recognize tokens

Gary,

PM me your address and I will send you 100 Tokens from the Ginza Strip. If they do not work then you know there is a Token Acceptor issue.

WHAT"S IT GONNA COST YA???

Spoiler
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

10. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok, I have tried adjusting the magnet to no luck. (even dropped a few quarters to no avail) Now what I DID notice upon closer inspection of the inner door is socket CN26 right under the yellow reset button has nothing plugged into it nor can I see any hanging wires that would. Am I hosed or what? BTW, does the Thunder machine have a left turn key reset? I dont have a key but I managed to trick Funny Santa into a left turn key reset.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok, here are two pics of the coin mech. It appears to be permanantly secured with no adjustment.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Gary_1968

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    Post a picture of the coin mech' metal ramp. It may need to be dropped down all the way to accept tokens.
    The tokens roll all the way through into the hopper, the machine just wont recognize them as havine been inserted.

I did clean the eye and still no luck. Like I said three led's on the mainboard flash in rapid succesion as the token rolls through.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok, on the eye, if I hold a token over the eye in the coin mech, the machine goes into "ce" error. Can I guess the eye is working?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How many led's flash? 2 or 3? The # that flash will tell you how many sensors there are in the Token Acceptor. From the Database I have for AutoSlot, that Pachi should have a 2 sensor Token Acceptor

Since they are passing through the Token Acceptor, flashing the led's, the Tokens are going into the hopper and the Pachi is not setting a CR,CE or CJ error the motherboard is seeing the Tokens being inserted.

When you put the Tokens in the 1, 2 and 3 Medals windows to the left of the reels are not lighting up?

Can you put more than three Tokens into the Pachi going into the hopper or only three and the rest fall into the lower door tray?

Are any of the windows to the right of the Reels currently lit up? There are 5 windows.

I take it that the "Credit" display behind the Max Bet Button is not lighting up either when you insert Tokens.

Since the Pachi does have led's on the Motherboard, it should have more on it that will light up. Are any of full time right now?

You can check for button operation by pressing the various buttons, stop, spin, Max Bet, Credit, reset, odds ect, and see if an led lights up for each one. You can find a broken and / or stuck button this way

Count the # of led's on that board and see if there is a label in the machine that is numbered with Japanese writing on it. This label is the legend for those led's. If you can post a clear pic of it someone here on the Forum can translate it for us.

If you can't, e-mail me the best (clear) pic you can take to me at pachijunkie@bellsouth.net which is my AutoSlot e-mail. I can enhance it and post it for you.

I know E-mail in a post. This is the AutoSlot e-mail which anyone can find from my vendor link. It's not my personnel e-mail on the Forum.

A pick of Gary's Pachi is below. It is a 1998 Macy

Last edited by new in town; 10-22-2010 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Added Text
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

17. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by new in town View Post
    How many led's flash? 2 or 3? The # that flash will tell you how many sensors there are in the Token Acceptor. From the Database I have for AutoSlot, that Pachi should have a 2 sensor Token Acceptor

OK, looks like 2 leds flash, le9 and le11

Since they are passing through the Token Acceptor, flashing the led's, the Tokens are going into the hopper and the Pachi is not setting a CR,CE or CJ error the motherboard is seeing the Tokens being inserted.

When you put the Tokens in the 1, 2 and 3 Medals windows to the left of the reels are not lighting up?

No nothing light up at all except the add Medals light

Can you put more than three Tokens into the Pachi going into the hopper or only three and the rest fall into the lower door tray?

I can drop as many as I want and they all go into the hopper

Are any of the windows to the right of the Reels currently lit up? There are 5 windows.

Just the Insert Medal light

I take it that the "Credit" display behind the Max Bet Button is not lighting up either when you insert Tokens.

It just stays on 0

Since the Pachi does have led's on the Motherboard, it should have more on it that will light up. Are any of full time right now?

there are a few that stay on yes, they are: LE1 DC+24v, LE2 DC+5v, LE3 DC+30v, LE7 MPS, LE15 CR2, LE15 CR1, LE23 RE1, ans LE26 MOD. I have included what ios printed on the board next to each light.

You can check for button operation by pressing the various buttons, stop, spin, Max Bet, Credit, reset, odds ect, and see if an led lights up for each one. You can find a broken and / or stuck button this way

I have and they all light up when pressed. Except CR1 and CR2 go out when I press the 1/2 bet button. If I unplug the button from the inner panel the lights go out but I still can get it to register.

Count the # of led's on that board and see if there is a label in the machine that is numbered with Japanese writing on it. This label is the legend for those led's. If you can post a clear pic of it someone here on the Forum can translate it for us.

There is a label with Japanese writing and what appears to be an English translation, also each led on the mainboard has the same labels like above and on the door decal. I will post a pic later today, my cam just weat dead :-(

If you can't, e-mail me the best (clear) pic you can take to me at pachijunkie@bellsouth.net which is my AutoSlot e-mail. I can enhance it and post it for you.

I know E-mail in a post. This is the AutoSlot e-mail which anyone can find from my vendor link. It's not my personnel e-mail on the Forum.

pachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by new in town View Post

ok, 2 led's flash LE7 MPS winks out and LE11 ME1 lights up

no, nothing lights up on either side of the reels when I drop tokens in

I can drop as many tokens as I like and they all go in the hopper.

the only thing lit up on the right is the Insert Medals light

The credit light stays on 0 no matter what.

there are several led's that stay lit, they are: LE1 dc+24v, LE2 dc+5v LE3 dc+30v, LE7 MPS, LE15 CR2, LE16, CR1, LE25 RE1 and LE 26 MOD.

I tested all the buttons and such. LE15 and LE16 go out when I press the 1 - 2 buttons on the front left of the door I unplugged this from the board and still no luck

I did find that label on the inner door and it seems to have a three letter English translation? next to each one. I have posted these above in which led's stay on. I will get a pic later today as my cam just went dead :-(

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Gary_1968

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sorry for the double, I didnt think the other went through.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok, Looks like I have a two stage sensor here, I've taken it out of the coin mech and sure enough the sensor as what looke like two "eyes" on it. If I pass a toke or for that matter my finger over one side the led ME1 turns on, if I pass a token over the other side, nothing happens. Atleast it's progress, any idea how to fix? (or buy another?)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is a two sensor Token Acceptor. On the Token Acceptor plug :

Pin 2 (white wire) is sensor "A"
    Pin 3 (green wire) is sensor "B"

These two pins are at about 5 volts DC. When the Token passes through the sensors, the sensors ground (short) these two 5 volt pins in the correct order and in a expected time span.

The picture shows these two wires with a splice connection on them.

Do you own a multimeter and are you comfortable using it and can you disconnect the Token Acceptor plug from the Door PC Board and post a Pic of it showing the plug and a straight layout of the wires going into it?

24. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to new in town