Thread: Hopper Motor wont stop

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Hopper Motor wont stop

Hi, I am totally new to pachislo type slot machines. I purchased one called Divers yesterday off craigslist. The machine and all the internal components are clean and seem to be in great condition, but once i turn on the machine, the hopper motor starts running, shooting out coins and never will shut off. i have tried hitting the reset button but nothing seems to happen. on the front, the credit screens either will say -- or 88 and the "trouble" and "game over" lights are both lit. Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hopper Motor wont stop

Hi Jeff and . , . ,.

Welcome to PachiTalk ! ! !

That is a 1994 Pachi. If you go to this Link. :

http://www.stealthhomeamusements.com/media/Yamasa.pdf

You can down load an owners Manual for your Yamasa Machine.

In it on page 10 it shows a reset procedure for hopper troubles and on page 4 it will show you how to do a FULL Reset.

Give them a try and let us know how it went.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

3. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

have you tied some of the switches on the power supply? I have at least one machine that has a button that turns on the hopper.
    A Hardy har har...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the link and i was reading as much as i could last night including that, and it seems that the reset button isnt really doin anything. There are also 3 black slider-type switches on the power box. Im assuming one would be the hopper motor, but other than the diagnostic LEDs lighting up, they dont seem to do anything.

I did notice on the back of the hopper motor there is a white bracket attached to a spring that if i lift up it will stop the motor. but i didnt do it long because there is a humming noise which probrobly means i could be burning out the motor...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One other thing..(sorry..) but there is only wires going to the motor, nothing to the actual plastic hopper, so how does the machine know when its acually full or even out of coins??

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Posting pictures is always a good idea and can help us spot possible problems!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Did you buy the machine with this problem or did it happen after you bought it?
    88 is a serious trouble but it is not associated with the hopper continually spitting out tokens. By itself it probably means that your motherboard eprom has lost its programming. But the hopper would most likely not operate at all.
    The hopper sometimes will malfunction like yours if the token sensor is damaged, defective or dirty enough that it cannot detect the token.
    I would suggest stripping down your hopper and examining the sensor, cleaning it thoroughly. The sensor is located about right were the tokens exit.
    If the hopper sensor is at fault, the 88 error may likely disapear (hopefully!!)
    I have seen the 88 error associated with dirty sensors and it did disappear after repair.
    If you do get it working always remember to plug the machine in for at least 1 hour every 3-4 weeks to prevent programming loss. Do not let it sits for months unplugged!