Thread: Leon's Sanyo Comet-II

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Leon's Sanyo Comet-II

Hello, I am new to PachiTalk and new to owning a pachinko machine. My goal is to get it operating and cleaned up. I was able to adopt it free road side mounted in a door - the previous owner's son said it worked last time he remembered.

I've attached a number of photos to this thread, and also posted them to my Flickr account.

Here are my first questions:
    1) I purchased balls. When I add them to the front tray they do not flow to where they can shoot. They are blocked. They will drain if I push the lever to drain to the lower tray. Is this because I do not have power hooked up?

2) Regarding power, an adapter was included with the machine but was not connected. I'll need some help knowing the power connections. Also, I'd like to know the voltage that the machine is expecting. The adapter states it outputs 9V, but it is actually broken and pushing out 15V when I measure it. I don't want to burn up the machine.

3) What are the first tasks I should do to test the machine for functionality? As I noted above, I can't get the balls to go to where they shoot.

Excuse the dust in all the photos - I have yet to take a rag to the machine and wipe if off yet. I saw the posts on cleaning the machines and figure I'll get to that as I learn.

Anyhow, any and all advice is appreciated. There are more photos at Flickr than I can attach here (or can you do more than 9?).

Thanks all,

--Leon

Front.jpg

Front left stickers.jpg

Close up.jpg

Rear all.jpg

Electrical.jpg

Adapter.jpg

the shoot at the top.jpg

electrical stuff and shoot on right.jpg

Upper mechanism.jpg

2. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to leonnyan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Leon's Sanyo Comet-II

I can tell you the original lights are 10V. The "wall wort" you have will measure higher than the label says when there is no load so go ahead & hook it up, as far as the jam its mechanical and I haven't played with too much with the mechanical workings on my comet 2 enough to help you out. All I can suggest is make sure the hopper (upper tray) in the back is full its connected to a gate on the ball track at the shooter. If I figure something else out I'll chime in later BTW Nice machine!
    Last edited by subdude; 09-22-2010 at 02:47 AM. Reason: because I can
    notice

Notice

Warning: Author of this post has delusions of being mentally competent.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but i'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

4. The following user says "Thanks" to subdude

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The upper tray in the back is connected to a gate on the ball track at the shooter in the front, (show with red arrows) this tells the shooter to let ball thru when full.

You can check to see if there is any thing blocking the loader for the shooter by opening the playing field glass from the back (green arrow) then open up the loading tray in front (green arrow)

Power is not needed for play it just for the lights to show a win or when the upper ball tray in the back needs refilling.

Attached Images Attached Images

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to cardwwi

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

8. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome!!!
    Neat machine. I'd not worry about the electronics just yet. Filling it with balls in the back will allow balls to flow into the shooter. I'd also open the glass, the mechanism is on the right side as you are looking at the back, and then there should be a simple latch mechanism on the left hand side in the front after you open the glass to push down and open the ball shooter area. Make sure that is all clean first. Highly recommend looking in the sticky threads for how they work and how to clean. You'll enjoy this site, lots of knowledge here. Welcome again.

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ACMech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cardwwi View Post
    The upper tray in the back is connected to a gate on the ball track at the shooter in the front, (show with red arrows) this tells the shooter to let ball thru when full.

You can check to see if there is any thing blocking the loader for the shooter by opening the playing field glass from the back (green arrow) then open up the loading tray in front (green arrow)

Power is not needed for play it just for the lights to show a win or when the upper ball tray in the back needs refilling.

Thank you. Very helpful. I'll try this out this evening.
    Neat machine. I'd not worry about the electronics just yet. Filling it with balls in the back will allow balls to flow into the shooter. I'd also open the glass, the mechanism is on the right side as you are looking at the back, and then there should be a simple latch mechanism on the left hand side in the front after you open the glass to push down and open the ball shooter area. Make sure that is all clean first. Highly recommend looking in the sticky threads for how they work and how to clean. You'll enjoy this site, lots of knowledge here. Welcome again.
    Great - thank you. I'll worry about the electronics later as suggested. I'll also do a light cleaning as I poke around. Again, thank you all.
    Last edited by leonnyan; 09-22-2010 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i have posted a few videos on Nishijin machines.. but once ya get the ins and outs of machines they are really simalar in there workings..

this one should be able to help ya out with the generic details...

check out all three vids and ya should be able to muttle your way threw your comet better

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...l-b-video.html

if filling the hopper in back does not solve your problem then there may be a bent rod near the shooter... open the shooter tray and take a look around.. if ya move the low ball rod wile the front shooter tray is open ya should be able to see how it works..

if ya need a hint... post and i can shoot ya a vid in detail...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk. If you do decide to disassemble any parts of the machine make sure you take lots of pictures as you do it. It will help greatly when you go to put it back together.
    Eric C.
    CRアクアパラダイスGP CRラッセンワールドMJ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the Pachinko Addiction Club!

That is a very nice machine you found and it will certainly be fun cleaning it up and getting it working again. But be warned - these machines are like a drug. Once you complete the restoration on your first machine, you will very soon be searching for another to get your fix!!

Many of us stumbled across this site in the same manner as you: found an old pachinko, needed help to get it working, cleaned it up a bit, then BAM! - there are 10 or more in your garage and your significant other only knows about two of them.

Anyhow, you are among friends here and we will support you in any way we can. There is also a TON of great information on this site if you search for it. Here are a couple of great threads to get you started:

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...-1-2010-a.html

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...o-machine.html

Again, welcome to PachiTalk! We are thrilled to have you here.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

15. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I didn't have much time to work on my machine during the week, but my wife Kyoko did spend some time doing surface cleaning on the front and removing the thick layer of dust.

I'll read up on the links this weekend.

One update:
    I've been able to get balls to load in the back at the top, and shoot balls from the front. The nagging question is why do no balls return if the fall in the tulips? It does appear that the central tulip is broken - though the leaves are there, balls do not drain through, and the pins that would hold the leaves are not as expected. I'll take some photos and post over the weekend.

Question: Do I need to have electrics hooked up to get balls rewarded? If not, then I'll work through the mechanical issues. If electricity is necessary, than I need to know how to wire up the electrical (my question earlier).

Thank you again for the patience.

And, I don't think my garage is big enough for 10 machines but you never know.

--Leon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Electricity not needed. One thing to check is the seesaw (located through the round window) make sure it's in the up position by pushing up on the white plunger just below it. If it's down, the balls won't travel to the trip lever that activates the payout.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Ikaria