Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Horror Mansion

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default WTB: Horror Mansion

Hi all,

First post to the group here...

I'm looking for a Horror Mansion Pachinko. I realize they're hard to come by, but I figured I'd get the word out there that I'm in the market for one.

I'm probably a nut for saying this, but I'd pay "crazy money" for one. So if you've got one that you'd like to let go and make some money on, let me know please. I'd love to have one!!!

Thanks

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to acesparky77

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: WTB: Horror Mansion

Hello,
    Not seen too many Horror Mansion pachinkos around lately, but a few members here do have them, so you may get lucky and find a member willing to part with one

A few weeks back, I managed to get one for myself, pretty rare over here in the UK, but looking at your flag you are in the US, so that gives you more options, such as craigs lists etc, Sometimes our Members do post about rare pachinkos that they find locally for sale too, so keep an eye on our trading post Forum too

and Welcome to PachiTalk!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

4. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good luck on your search ... Being willing to pay extra for one should increase your chances

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    Good luck on your search ... Being willing to pay extra for one should increase your chances

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!

Yes, hopefully my willingness to pay plenty more than normal will shake one loose here...

I just love the theme, so it's worth it to me. It would go great with some of my other horror themed pinball and Pachislo machines.

Some of my pins include: Mystery Castle, Mephisto, Bram Stoker's Dracula

Some current Pachislo's include: Addams Family, Fever Ghost, Death Valley

Actually the Horror Mansion would be my first pachinko. I've never even played one before.

8. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to acesparky77

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i hope you find one !

10. The following user says "Thanks" to pinball wizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think your odds of winning the lottery are better than finding a Horror Mansion!!

best of luck in your quest
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    I think your odds of winning the lottery are better than finding a Horror Mansion!!

best of luck in your quest
    Oh no, don't tell me that. Just how rare are these things??? Any production numbers out there? Guesses?

Searching the group here, I see that there are several people that have them, so I'm still hopeful.

In my years of collecting pinball machines, I've sought out and found many rare pins. Some of which were only produced in the hundreds, and took years to find. Surely this pachinko won't be that hard to find. Hopefully, anyway...

Thanks for throwing some luck my way though!

14. The following user says "Thanks" to acesparky77

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well they are not easy to find, but it's possible, a month or two ago there was one in Vancouver on Craiglist.

It took me two years and a half to get one but I miss my chance many time, unseen private messages, or US seller not wanting to ship to Canada and so on.

so don't desperate.

If you want something "horror", Alien vs Predator is a must have, the realistic animatronic of the alien moving will scare anyone. Freddy vs Jason is pretty cool too.

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to TilionMtl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by acesparky77 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!

Yes, hopefully my willingness to pay plenty more than normal will shake one loose here...

I just love the theme, so it's worth it to me. It would go great with some of my other horror themed pinball and Pachislo machines.

Some of my pins include: Mystery Castle, Mephisto, Bram Stoker's Dracula

Some current Pachislo's include: Addams Family, Fever Ghost, Death Valley

Actually the Horror Mansion would be my first pachinko. I've never even played one before.
    never payed a Pachinko and your looking for a Kind of Grail

your log in should be "Indiana Jones"
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: WTB: Horror Mansion

WELCOME!!!

Oh no, don't tell me that. Just how rare are these things??? Any production numbers out there? Guesses?
    Well it doesn't matter how many were made, just how many escaped Japan!!

Just try not to think of the thousands of HM's that went strait to the landfill!!

It may not be the most common, but several vendors had them a few years ago, so they must still be in the country somewhere!!

Good Luck

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are you willing to pay to get one direct from Japan (and the associated miriad costs?)

Sure we can find you one - eventually.
    There is always another machine around the corner...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy Re: WTB: Horror Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
    Are you willing to pay to get one direct from Japan (and the associated miriad costs?)

Sure we can find you one - eventually.
    Quite possibly, yes.

Let's put it this way: once I find something I want, I try to find a way to make it happen.

I recently bought a very rare Spanish-made pinball machine, that I found all the way across the globe in Slovenia. It cost me 2 times what I paid for the machine, just to ship it to the U.S.

I'm not made of money by any means, either. I just focus on finding things that I enjoy, and I make it work...

Well it doesn't matter how many were made, just how many escaped Japan!!

Just try not to think of the thousands of HM's that went strait to the landfill!!

It may not be the most common, but several vendors had them a few years ago, so they must still be in the country somewhere!!

Good Luck
    Wow, that is just sickening... poor little pachinkos

Something I need to get used to, I guess. That rarely happens in the pinball world that I'm used to. Nearly all pins have a very good chance at making it into the hands of collectors. They earn their money on route, and then get sold in order for the op to buy the next model...

Too bad pachinkos don't usually share the same fate.
    Last edited by acesparky77; 08-08-2010 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    never payed a Pachinko and your looking for a Kind of Grail

your log in should be "Indiana Jones"

LOL!

What can I say? I do the same thing in pinball and pachislo.

My second pachislo was an Addams Family. I hit the net hard in the first few weeks after buying my first pachislo, and finally found a collector willing to part with his Addams.

Hopefully something like that will happen here too!

23. The following user says "Thanks" to acesparky77

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Be patient, even for Japan, Horror Mansion go at a good price there. But it's possible.

As suggested, there's other horror theme pachinkos. Horror Mansion is one of them, but Freddy vs Jason, Alien vs Predator (ok ok.. more sci-fi, but really scary too), The Ring, are some of them.

I'm not totally sure that Horror Mansion is a good choice for a first pachinko. Depend of what you are looking for. Horror mansion is not really recent, and may look boring for someone who never played at a pachinko.

Many pachinkos may look as a "turn the handle" and "bleed from ears" (because of the loud sound) type of machine, with no purpose, not much to do but hold the handle and wait.

I'm the kind of guy who enjoy ten time more a pachinko when something is moving on the cell. I look more often around the cell at stuff moving that what happen on the LCD screen. So for this reason, 90% of my pachinkos have something unique moving somewhere. I have Alien vs Predator with the big alien bending and moving on the side of the screen, Indiana Jones, The Ring with the hands pulling the hairs to reveal an eye and the video tape moving at the bottom, Janken Battle (rock paper scissor) with the little animated hand on the side, which really open and close in rock paper scissor shape, and allow sometime to play against some cartoon on screen. Blade with the skull moving, the two Jurassic Park. These are some of the ones I own, but each of them fulfill my need of something moving on the cell, nut just on the LCD.

I search Horror mansion because of the graphics (not that good compare to the more recent pachinkos with 3D). The graphics remember me of my first game played a long time ago "Gabriel Knight: Sins of the fathers". This game scared the ... out of me. Here's some pics from this MS-Dos game. Owner of Horror Mansion will find a bit of similarity in the graphics texture.

What would make you prefer more a pachinko than an other.. Why do you look for Horror Mansion, what make you look for this one in particular? Do you prefer bid LCD? animatronics? different play mode? What do you expect of your first pachinko?
    Last edited by TilionMtl; 08-08-2010 at 10:32 AM.

25. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to TilionMtl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by TilionMtl View Post
    Be patient, even for Japan, Horror Mansion go at a good price there. But it's possible.

As suggested, there's other horror theme pachinkos. Horror Mansion is one of them, but Freddy vs Jason, Alien vs Predator (ok ok.. more sci-fi, but really scary too), The Ring, are some of them.

I'm not totally sure that Horror Mansion is a good choice for a first pachinko. Depend of what you are looking for. Horror mansion is not really recent, and may look boring for someone who never played at a pachinko.

Many pachinkos may look as a "turn the handle" and "bleed from ears" (because of the loud sound) type of machine, with no purpose, not much to do but hold the handle and wait.

I'm the kind of guy who enjoy ten time more a pachinko when something is moving on the cell. I look more often around the cell at stuff moving that what happen on the LCD screen. So for this reason, 90% of my pachinkos have something unique moving somewhere. I have Alien vs Predator with the big alien bending and moving on the side of the screen, Indiana Jones, The Ring with the hands pulling the hairs to reveal an eye and the video tape moving at the bottom, Janken Battle (rock paper scissor) with the little animated hand on the side, which really open and close in rock paper scissor shape, and allow sometime to play against some cartoon on screen. Blade with the skull moving, the two Jurassic Park. These are some of the ones I own, but each of them fulfill my need of something moving on the cell, nut just on the LCD.

I search Horror mansion because of the graphics (not that good compare to the more recent pachinkos with 3D). The graphics remember me of my first game played a long time ago "Gabriel Knight: Sins of the fathers". This game scared the ... out of me. Here's some pics from this MS-Dos game. Owner of Horror Mansion will find a bit of similarity in the graphics texture.

What would make you prefer more a pachinko than an other.. Why do you look for Horror Mansion, what make you look for this one in particular? Do you prefer bid LCD? animatronics? different play mode? What do you expect of your first pachinko?
    Well, to me THEME is king. Of course good gameplay is great too, but I can overlook bad gameplay if the machine looks and sounds cool.

Even if I get bored with it for a while, I can always play my pins, pachislos, vids, etc. and always come back to it when it "feels new" again.

Everything I've seen and heard about this machine sounds perfect for me. I simply love dark / horror themed stuff, and out of all the others out there that are in the same genre, this one just hits it out of the park for me.

To answer your second question, I'm not sure what to expect from my first pachinko. I like a wide variety of coin-op / amusement machines. Pachinko seems like a perfect marriage of two of my other passions: pinball and pachislo...so I'm sure I'll like this one just fine.

27. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to acesparky77

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, to me THEME is king. Of course good gameplay is great too, but I can overlook bad gameplay if the machine looks and sounds cool.

Even if I get bored with it for a while, I can always play my pins, pachislos, vids, etc. and always come back to it when it "feels new" again.

Everything I've seen and heard about this machine sounds perfect for me. I simply love dark / horror themed stuff, and out of all the others out there that are in the same genre, this one just hits it out of the park for me.

To answer your second question, I'm not sure what to expect from my first pachinko. I like a wide variety of coin-op / amusement machines. Pachinko seems like a perfect marriage of two of my other passions: pinball and pachislo...so I'm sure I'll like this one just fine.
    Pachinkos are gambling machines, so there's not much game play involve (à la pinball style). Some older ones had some kind of game play, where pocket have to be targeted to make a row, or other where pockets have to be targeted in some order to build up some challenge. Horror Mansion is strictly a "shoot the balls in start pocket" type of play. there's no Chance button, no selections of any kind or anything need to master while playing. game of luck only.

Even if Horror Mansion is one of the most basic pachinko for game play, if you're into horror stuff, it's a really nice pachinko. The graphics are gruesome, and as I always said, little girls with teddy bear are just evil.

I may sound like Horror Mansion is not for you, but I just wish that you find one that will make you really enjoy your first pachinko. I bought some pachinkos where I was a bit disappointed, and if they would have been my first one, I would probably not be here today, with over a dozen of pachinko. I saw some threads of users being really disappointed by pachinkos, not fun at all, but I think their expectation was to find a pinball replacement. Unfortunately for some and fortunately for others, pachinkos have nothing to do with pinballs and must be seen as gambling machines.

I wish you will find one soon, but don't limit your choice to Horror Mansion. HM is a great one, but there's other ones really awesome too

29. The following user says "Thanks" to TilionMtl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I feel your pain acesparky77...

It took me, I think, almost 3 years of waiting till I got Dirty Pair Pachinko. I had to import it from Japan and despite the costs, it still gets played almost daily. Dont give up hope on your Horror Mansion, eventually you will get one. Just ask all those looking for a Spin Luck! hehehe..

Fixx
    FOUND: Dirty Pair Pachinko.. Thanks Compirate and Arby!

31. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mr. fixx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by TilionMtl View Post
    Pachinkos are gambling machines, so there's not much game play involve (à la pinball style). Some older ones had some kind of game play, where pocket have to be targeted to make a row, or other where pockets have to be targeted in some order to build up some challenge. Horror Mansion is strictly a "shoot the balls in start pocket" type of play. there's no Chance button, no selections of any kind or anything need to master while playing. game of luck only.

Even if Horror Mansion is one of the most basic pachinko for game play, if you're into horror stuff, it's a really nice pachinko. The graphics are gruesome, and as I always said, little girls with teddy bear are just evil.

I may sound like Horror Mansion is not for you, but I just wish that you find one that will make you really enjoy your first pachinko. I bought some pachinkos where I was a bit disappointed, and if they would have been my first one, I would probably not be here today, with over a dozen of pachinko. I saw some threads of users being really disappointed by pachinkos, not fun at all, but I think their expectation was to find a pinball replacement. Unfortunately for some and fortunately for others, pachinkos have nothing to do with pinballs and must be seen as gambling machines.

I wish you will find one soon, but don't limit your choice to Horror Mansion. HM is a great one, but there's other ones really awesome too
    Don't worry, I've already gotten some other dark / creepy machines on my radar. FREKKEN TEKKEN told me about Magic Party, so I'm on the lookout for one of those too. Also got a line on a Fever Ghost pachinko that would go great with my Fever Ghost pachislo.

Keep the ideas coming guys. If it involves ghosts, haunted houses, dark and creepy stuff, I'd love to have it!!

Thanks

33. The following user says "Thanks" to acesparky77

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post Re: WTB: Horror Mansion

Quite possibly, yes.

Let's put it this way: once I find something I want, I try to find a way to make it happen.
    OK - well here's some info to start you off, as no doubt most of the leg work will need to be done by yourself.

Masamura's website for Horror Mansion

Nifty 777's website DB

Also, if you want to the searches yourself on Yahoo Japan, you'll need this katakana:

The name of the machine is : CRホラーマンション (CR Horror Mansion) by まさむら (Masamura)

So search for ホラーマンション or ホラーマンション パチンコ (Horror Mansion Pachinko)

Good luck!
    There is always another machine around the corner...

35. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi all,

First post to the group here...

I'm looking for a Horror Mansion Pachinko. I realize they're hard to come by, but I figured I'd get the word out there that I'm in the market for one.

I'm probably a nut for saying this, but I'd pay "crazy money" for one. So if you've got one that you'd like to let go and make some money on, let me know please. I'd love to have one!!!

Thanks
    Horror Mansion found and on the way!!!

37. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to acesparky77

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast