Thread: Used Car sales

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Angry Used Car sales

Back in Feburary I sold my pride and joy a 2003 Mustang Cobra SVT
    , A very rare car here in the UK. But with our first baby due in April and a very small wife, we desceided to get a 4 door saloon.
    After hunting around, looking and test driving different cars, Finally brought a small jaguar x type from a local used car dealer whos been around for over 12 years. After test driving, and going over the car, Agreed on the price and any repairs to be made. Not much, faulty washer jet, keyfob not working, ABS & engine warning light. Picked the car up a week later after these were meant to be fixed. But no. We needed the car so took it anyway.
    After months of " we're waiting for parts" or we're collect it tomorrow" and months of general BS. and finding other faultys, like two slow puntures.
    Finally I'm told, all parts are in we're collect it tuesday.
    Tuesday comes and goes. Car still in the drive. Constant telephone calls on wednesday, with no answer. Visit the dealer and nothing. Shut up shop gone. So last weekend stuck under the car, trying to find the faults myself.

Costs.
    new washer jet £2.15
    New Keyfob from ebay £10
    ABS sensor £75
    Refit 2 tyres as seal leaking £20

Just over £100 for parts, and thats to the general public. I'm sure they could have brought them cheaper. But its the washer jet that really annoy me, Cheaper than a pint of beer.
    But now with a three month old I need it to be safe. I'll be picking up the parts on friday and expecting a dirty weekend.

OK RANT OVER

Oh and the little fella loves sitting in my arm while playing pachinko.
    I guess he loves the lights and the video. But always jumps when asking for more balls through the call button.

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam