Thread: Can you really, honestly affect the reel stops???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Can you really, honestly affect the reel stops???

Ok, I hope this question stirs some debate and/or resolves my question.

I recently acquired an Aladdin II Evolution and it is a super fun game to play. I have done alot of searching on the net about the game play on this machine and SO MANY post say to time the reel stops to improve the chances of getting bonus games. But I am beginning to doubt this advice. Can one REALLY affect the results of the game by stopping the reels at the right time? I can see how one could possibly affect by timing the 'Max Bet' or 'Spin Joystick' to the appropriate spot in the video... but timing the spinning reels to hit a specific symbol? That just seems a little more difficult to manage / believe.

So.. in an attempt to prove/disproved, here's what I've done. First it should be stated that I have my machine set to Odds level 4 which is just below 100% (I believe). I think this setting takes away the constant win aspect and thus removes some of the 'illusion' of reel stop control. That being said, I then tried to stop the reels at the right symbols based on the game play advice (it. hitting the 7s or Bar). This proved extremely difficult and my odds of stopping any reel at the desired symbol was less then 15%.

So.. then I had a brain fart and thought... I wonder if a strobe would allow me to better judge. For those of you unfamiliar, when a spinning object is lit by a stobe light, you can adjust the timing of the flashes or the rate of the spin until the two are sycronized (sp?) and it appears that the spinning object is stationary. This was the way we 'tuned' our turntables years ago to spin at the right speed and also why a ceiling fan appears to stop spinning or become jerky with a strobe light. Well, this actually had some of the desired affect although not perfect. While the symbols became a bit easier to see, it didn't quite get the 'stop affect' that I was looking for. I suspect this is the case because; A)to many symbols on the reel (to large a circumfrence (sp?)) and B)back lights on the reels canceled out some of the strobe effect.

However, I did feel that using the strobe gave me a bit of an edge. But again, my ability to stop the reels on the desired symbol was about the same as with out the strobe. And when I say stopping on the desired symbol, I'm just looking for symbol to be 'in the window' and not necessarily lined up with another same symbol as it would need to be. Just can I stop it close to what I need?

So, my conclusions:
    1. If one could affect game play/pay out by stopping the reels at the right place, then the odds setting on a machine would be superflous.
    2. I think a high odds setting gives the ILLUSION that one is controlling the machine, when in fact it's simply the higher PROGRAMMED chance of winning that is doing it.
    3. The reels spin a such speeds that there is no way one can see the symbols and timing is next to impossible. Even though the reels spin at a constant speed and theoritcally one could time it right, I don't think the human brain/vision refreshing is quick enough to really get it right.
    4. Bonus games are a truly random event and based completely on the odds level setting of the game.
    5. Some game play options may be positively or negatively affected by the use of the bet button, spin joystick or even the stop buttons IN TIME WITH THE VIDEO. But there is no real ability to stop a reel on a specific symbol and therefore the play can not affect the game based on reel stops.

So, let's have your comments, experiments and conclusions!

Rusty

PS: No points taken off for misspelling or bad grammer!
    Rusty Key

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to wrkey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Can you really, honestly affect the reel stops???

in my limited use and play of Pachislo i say no the play can not fully control the stop..

when playing it appered to me that the first and second reels would stop verry verry quickly once the stop is pused but when trying to eye shoot the last reel (what ever its position.. left right or middle one) there seem to be a verry inconsistant delay between pushing the button and the actual stoping of the reel...

some times i got really really close and some times i did get a winner.. but i often wonder if the ilusion of geting close or wining was due to my abbility, or the machines need to makes its current odds setting

great post Rusty looking forward to reading other replys and thoughts
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The majority of the time, the computer is controlling the game, however there are times that the buttons truly stop the reels at the time you press them. All games have different signals that the next or current spin is one of these controllable ones.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wink Re: Can you really, honestly affect the reel stops???

I have found in all the Pachislo's that I own the Majority of the time if you stop the Reels from left to right, you can Eye shoot Left and Middle. But the ALMIGHTY Micro Chip within will decide to stop on your Eye Shoot or, S L I D E ! ! ! that right Reel.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

8. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

From my own experience, its not so much eyeshooting you should be interested in. Its more like a certain rhythm you must have and know in what order to stop the reels. Quite clearly the machine is able to stop the reels on whatever symbol it wishes regardless of when you pushed the stop button (think about a big bonus). Knowing in what order to press the buttons during what part of gameplay is the key.
    Have a nice day

Thanks
    Thanks Received

During regular play...No

During bonus rounds, I would have to say..Yes (Spin Luck does)
    My favorite color is Ham

11. The following user says "Thanks" to BigBearSteve

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Short answer: no.

the rest is just black magic I'm afraid...

There is always another machine around the corner...

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

say rusty,

I like that test with the strobe. like doing the timing on your car, too. great test setup.

I think it's random most of the time, or how else could they be sure to make money off of us?
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

Thanks
    Thanks Received

on some machines i could hit the first 2 red 7's often, the 3rd was either to soon or to late.

but, the pachislo might be ready to pay out on the blue 7's or the bars, so trying to hit the red 7's didn't really matter .
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I believe,(but am not certain)
    during regular play there are time's the reels will let you shoot for a reach pattern.
    You may not even win any tokens but you have advanced closer to a bonus. (knowing the reach pattens is the trick)

There are also machine like BigBear wrote( ex.Spin Luck,DonDonKing) that sometimes tell you what to shoot for during regular play.

Once the machine has indicated a bonus is due, there will be certain spins that the reels will be yours to stop.
    How effective you are at stopping the reels can make a big difference as to how many spins(tokens) it takes to hit the actual bonus.

Also,
    Avoiding a JAC-IN during a bonus round allows you to maximize your token count and use as many of the 30 spins(type A) as possible.

I can do pretty well when shooting for the 7's because there usually longer then the rest of the reel graphic's. It's hitting the reach patterns during regular play and avoiding the JAC-IN during a bonus that takes quite a bit of machine specific practice.

Just my 2 cents
    DON'T FEED THE

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ebb

Thanks
    Thanks Received

for those of you with video machines like hanabi haykki if you watch your video(he lights the match to light the firework) after pushing the first button the machine will show that you've already lost (the match is blown out) and you havent even hit the second button yet . The machine controls everything in regular play the reels are nothing better than the computer display your reading this on so the answer is no and thats why i like the older vintage machines at least the illusion is still there till the third button is pushed .Now bonus play is entirely diffrent the machine wants you to win so it can ballance its programing so yes you do have some control till it meets it's goal not yours!!!
    Jeff

19. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A Quote: "If one could affect game play/pay out by stopping the reels at the right place, then the odds setting on a machine would be superfluous."

That brings up a question...Because I believe it to be true.

If I go into a parlor in Japan, Is there any way I can find out what Odds the machines are set at? Can I ask the operators of the Parlor...Is it posted on my way in the door?

Or, Is that a secret. Kept a secret so when I am playing a machine, I won't know what odds it is set at until I loose my Money.

Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post Re: Can you really, honestly affect the reel stops???

Quote Originally Posted by Youngjedi View Post

If I go into a parlor in Japan, Is there any way I can find out what Odds the machines are set at? Can I ask the operators of the Parlor...Is it posted on my way in the door?
    No, try it, and no.

Odds are *supposed* to be factory set. You can find odds for each machine at sites like the following:

Odds for the new Million God pachinko machine

Reading that page, you can see the odds for this new version of CR Million God Premium by Mizuho are factory set at 1/399.25 for a Jackpot.

Once you hit that Jackpot, the chances of Kakuhen (or Kakuritsu Hendou) ie. the zone entered by a machine that means it now has a higher chance of subsequent Big Wins/Jackpots, is significatly lower at just 1/48.39.

The overall chance of this machine going Kakuhen after extended play, overall? CR Million God Premium is rated at 83%.

Here are the odds for New Pulsar V2
    Last edited by candyflip; 07-01-2010 at 07:29 PM.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't know if Candyflip realized your talking about pachislo, not pachinko.

Some parlors do advertise that some of their machines are on a specific setting.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    I don't know if Candyflip realized your talking about pachislo, not pachinko.

Some parlors do advertise that some of their machines are on a specific setting.
    No initially, but eventually yes (thus the Pulsar v link). Thanks Compirate.

anyway, you're best to get them online, work out your Borderlines at the parlor, and go from there. Obviously the parlors are not obliged to tell you anything - that is, after all, how they make their Yen.