Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Coin-op??

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Coin-op??

Mopar directed me to this thread so here's some info. Recreating the board can definitely be done. However it will be very pricey if any algorithms have to be developed. In other words, if the board itself has to be recreated along with the rules governing what it actually does. This will also entail having to provide all of the inputs and outputs of the various components.
    But it sounds like you have the other ones from the other machines. So you could send that off to have a reproduction made. I am guessing this will be a much cheaper option but it will still be in the hundreds of dollars. For example, to have a board from one of my existing arepachis broken down and all components identified/schematic made was a couple thousand.
    If I were you I'd get online and do a search for circuit board repair and start calling/ emailing. That's what I did here recently to have two other boards from another arepachi evaluated and fixed. The one I used was US Electronic Repairs. A google search will turn up several.

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

here's the link:
    uselectronicsrepairs.com
    I spoke with a guy named Mike. He was very helpful and they provided quick service. Again, this is a repair service but they may be able to do what you need and if not, should be able to point you in the right direction. In the meantime I'll ask the guy redoing the electronics on my arepachi if he has any leads and I'll post back.

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would hate to call this thing a "Parts Machine" there isn't much missing, The face looks good and it is fully recycles the balls, even more than a normal model A.
    It's just waiting on a brain.

My wife doesn't want me to keep all fo them anyway so this will be the one to go.

But I hate to think something that complete won't play again.
    --

6. The following user says "Thanks" to digital1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

just spoke with my guy and he actually builds boards and he wanted to know if it was anything he could possibly help with. i pretty sure he could based on what he has created for me. anyway, for him to do it he'd need to see the other board or at least some good pics. so whether he does it or someone else, it's definitely doable. just depends on what you want to spend.

8. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I cleaned them up more and can't stop playing them
    On the back there is a switch that gives 1 or 2 games for a quarter. That is the only way I can get the replay counter to say anthing other than 0. I wish it gave a free game after you hit 100 points like others I have read about. Maybe something isn't working well.
    The coin acepter wont take tokens. They won't fit in the slot in the metal and there is a magnet on the track that will kick out anything magnetic. (no Canada quarters) So these will be my new piggy bank.
    --

10. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to digital1

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Money
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

Thanks
    Thanks Received
    Led Zepplin

13. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Thank you.

Very complete explanation of how it works. Mine does all that but the one circut he mentioned about adding credits must be loose or fried. Funny it is the same on both machines I have, maybe someone did it on pourpose.
    --

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    just spoke with my guy and he actually builds boards and he wanted to know if it was anything he could possibly help with. i pretty sure he could based on what he has created for me. anyway, for him to do it he'd need to see the other board or at least some good pics. so whether he does it or someone else, it's definitely doable. just depends on what you want to spend.
    Thanks for the info.
    Based on what he made for you, do you think it would be worth bringing back to life?$?

It would be nice to be able to tell anyone interested in the machine what it would take to fix it. I don't think it would be in my budget.

I did see where the coin mech is only $25 on e-bay. So that part is within reach.

I also think that having a parts machine just like the other two would be handy...just in case. But having a 6foot tall spare might cause problems at home.
    --

16. The following user says "Thanks" to digital1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I really don't know what it would cost to bring it back. I do know that since you have the exact PC board from which to make a copy, the price will be probably significantly cheaper than having to design a board from scratch. As a comparison, to get two boards refurbed and cleaned by a professional for a Satomi of mine it cost 80 dollars an hour. So I think that's a good general figure for labor. For my Satomi "Robots" the labor cost was in the thousands but that was a much bigger project. Parts are generally a small percentage of the overall cost.
    Is it worth it for your machine? Well that's a subjective question. From a historical standpoint it is IMO but in contrast, I'm not interested in those types of machines so I wouldn't pay much for one but there are always those who are. Same for arepachis and vintages for that matter. I spend too much time and waaay too much money on them and there are those who you couldn't give one too.
    If you want I can talk to my guy about it. Post some front and back pics (as clear as possible) of all boards that need to be reproduced.
    Last edited by emmadog; 06-13-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The pictures are large but I think the site will downsample them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --

19. The following user says "Thanks" to digital1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

maybe not!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --

21. The following user says "Thanks" to digital1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool. I'll pass these along and post back ASAP.

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry the response has taken so long. Anywho, a ballpark to recreate the board in question would start at around 300 dollars at least and probably more. That's a rough estimate without actually having the parts to look at. The components are fairly cheap it's the labor that costs, around 80 an hour. Then there's the testing too. Without having the machine present there would be no way to be certain that the board worked. Add extra to the price to ship and insure both ways. Hope that gives you an idea of what is required.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2